“One of the best days of my life”

Fakarava Diving Center
Reno, Nevada
636 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 422 helpful votes
“One of the best days of my life”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Ato's Blue Lagoon tour was amazing. We arrived on the Paul Gauguin and were greeted with our names on a sign. We were loaded into small boat and taken to the blue lagoon. It's a beautiful motu with a perfect white sand beach with gorgeous palm trees. At first we didn't think much of the snorkelling but then black tipped reef sharks came in the bay to swim with us. While we were playing in the water the guides were fishing and preparing lunch-complete with a fresh coconut and Hinano beer. The lunch was outstanding and the coconut biscuits were a bit of heaven on the beach. After lazing around a bit we were loaded back on the boat and taken to an open water snorkel spot. The water was deeper, there was more coral and the water was clear. When they took us back to the dock. we didn't want to leave. They made our time on Fakarava very special. Very good value.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Deb W

Toronto, Ontario
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fakarava Explorer Ato Lissant Blue Lagoon”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the second time I have been on Ato's tour to the Fakarava blue lagoon. The area he takes you to is extraordinarily beautiful - you almost want to hold your breath at the beauty.
His operation is much improved. He has nice condiments for the food - fish kebabs, whole fish, rice etc. At the end of the tour he took us to a place outside the reef where he turns the boat around so the water is like glass. You can see below to 20 feet and the area is teeming with very large fish. Snorkellers jumped in and said the experience was wonderful.
The price for the tour is extremely reasonable.
I have booked another tour with him for 2014!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Emdee1
providenciales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fakarava Dive Center”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As a profesional photographer and dive instructor I always do a lot of research before booking with any dive shop.
Fakarava Dive Center came well recommended from an underwater photographer forum.
Fakarava Dive center were great and most of the times we were only three and four divers. Serge and Carine were great and very professional.
Fakarava has some incredible dive sites to offer.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Oceanfreedom1
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom
“Fakarava diving centre”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I must say I disagree with the diving dutchman, Serge is an awesome dive guide, his enthusiasm is infectious. Serge dove the south pass today and I have seen them provide pension pick up. Serge and Cairrine are lovely people and he is one f if not the best guide I have ever had.

Visited July 2012
The Netherlands
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Avoid Fakarava Diving Center FDC: they break promisses”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

For me it was the 7th visit to Fakarava in 2012. I was diving several times with Te Ava Nui. With Jean Christophe and his instructor Serge. Later Serge started the Fakarava diving Center. On one of my trips i tried to dive with Serge, but he had only one guest so he skipped diving. I continued diving with Te Ava Nui.

In 2012 i tried to dive with Te Ava Nui but I heard that Jean-Cristophe sold his Center to Top Dive. Top Dive is a big club and I prefer the smaller clubs. So I contacted FDC. Serge told that he had no car and would not be able to do a pickup at my pension. I organised the transfer with the pension and Serge confirmed.

Arriving at Fakarava the pension had problems with their car (see my review about pension Kiria). Another pension (thanks Ghahina and Flora from Tokerau village) took me to Kiria.
On our way they told me that Serge from the FDC had a brand new car! So I thought tere would be no problem.

Until the next morning. I contacted FDC and they told me that they will not provide a pick up from the pension. Lucky there was Topdive who came for other clients. Without any problem they took us with them and organised our diving that day. More than excelent service (read my review about Topdive: thank you Jerome and his crew!!!).

Later on I saw that the FDC provides pick up at the White Sand Resort (only a few meters from our pension).

My advise to divers: AVOID FDC. I am very disapointed and will never dive again with Serge or FDC.

Further on I found out that FDC had other minors: they dive in small groups with only one instructor (Serge), so the level of the dive is the level of the lowest level. Also they say they are going to the south pass, but no one has ever seen them over there.

Visited July 2012