“Usually outstanding”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Maine
“Usually outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We've been to this cute little restaurant/snack bar a number of times over the last few years. The setting is fantastic, the decor very artistic and the food very good. Service is pretty good given that usually there is only one man waiting tables.
Unfortunately I will say the last time my wife and I went we were disappointed. we took three good friends with us (who we had told how wonderful the place was!). I ordered a fish burger (ALWAYS good) but they were out of fish!. Keep in mind this place is on an island where fish is the staple diet, and the menu is probably 80% fish. Surely they could have got some easily from the locals. So, I tried for a hamburger, "sorry we're out". My friend ordered a steak. It was literally stone cold when it came.
The food we did finally get was very enjoyable and perhaps we caught them on a bad day. But disappointing to have so little on an already limited menu.
Will I go again? Definitely, so long as God blesses us to visit that island paradise again, and I would still recommend the restaurant. I'll just have to be prepared to be flexible in choice!!

• Visited March 2011