“Beutifull and romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Rohotu Fare
Sydney, Australia
“Beutifull and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I will start by saying that one day in bora I was chatting with a local the works for bora bora diving and that knows most of the places to stay and I have asked her what was her favorite and she immediately respond the rohotu lodge... She didn't knew that I was staying there!
It's an amazing place created by someone that has traveled around the world and tried to recreate is dream accommodation.
For a very decent price you get a very nice room, a kitchenette, an outdoor shower and bathrooom all decorated with amazing taste. You will never forget your showers looking at the stars.
The view from the balcony is breathaking specially later in the afternoon. You will not have a view to bora bora amazing lagoon because the lodge looks toward the town and harbor, but you will have an awesome view of the bora bora main mountain.
The owner is a great traveller that tries to give no less than what we would expect for himself. Is always keen to help or to take you to the supermarket.
Bikes are for free but they are a bit run down. The only drawback of this place is the access road that is very steep.
If you are looking for a beautifull place, comfortable, clean, in the main island and with a great view you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones with a better view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were picked up from the airport by Nir, the owner of the Rohotu Fare Lodge. The reception was very warm. The lodge is up on a slope and surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens with lots of wonderful flowers and fruits. Our bungalow was large with elegant dark teak furniture and had a big terrace with spectacular views of the lush vegetation, the sea and Mount Otemanu (the symbol of Bora Bora). The highlight was the great open bathroom with shower lady. When opening the shower tap, there was a jet of water coming out of the Lady's amphora. A delightful shower experience! In a corner of the open bathroom there was also a small kitchenette with a microwave and tea/coffee facilities, etc. It was very practical to warm up something or prepare a small breakfast. On our first evening Nir gave us also some food (biscuits, etc.) until we could buy something on our own. Very kind!
Nir also provided us with free bikes. We twice drove to the nearby village with shopping center, etc. It was a pleasant ride in beautiful surroundings. On our departure day Nir drove us to the boat jetty (super service!) for our onward journey to a Motu.
If we ever will have the chance to go back to Bora Bora, we definitely will stay at Rohotu Fare Lodge. The place is a little gem and Nir is a great host! thanks alot and take care!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ulurusunset
Minnesota City, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Nir the owner has created a paradise away from the beach. I was a little conflicted on whether to stay on the water or at this location. There are just too many overwater bungalows in bora bora now. Considering that they start around $800 and they are basically an overpriced hotel room I could not justify it. I am glad I did not because I stayed in one in Tahiti and regretted the $600 I paid in that location.

Rohuto Fare has outdoor showers that just don't compare to anything else I have ever seen before. Nir, the owner has placed artwork throughout the Pension. He has also created a beautiful garden. Nir was very friendly. He just has a personality that makes you feel happy. Everything was very clean.

The Restaurants will pick you up and drop you off for dinner. Nir will set this up for you. He has bikes for free that allow you to explore the island and go to the grocery store for snacks and lunch if you just want a simple sandwitch. We ate cereal for breakfast as there is a fridge in the bedroom.

The view from the room is great. The deck overlooking the bay is very private and is mostly blocked by plants.

There are a few dogs and roosters that you can hear in the morning but most are far away.

The Tahiti air ferry will take you to the town of Vaitape and then a local tour guide will have a sign Rohotu Fare and pick you up free of charge. The driver does not go up the big hill to drop you off. He will beep and Nir will come down with a car to help get your luggage up. Nir took us to the ferry dock on the return to the airport.

I think it was a good value compared to the other options I looked at. I was able to pay with Visa and the Scuba diving company was able to charge to the room as well.. I don't know if other tours can work the same way.

I stayed two nights but would recommend three. We only planned to Scuba dive but I would have liked one more day to explore but we had two other islands to visit and limited time One of the best beaches is about a 10 minute bike ride away and there are several restaurants in this same area. I think the location is best for Couples in my opinion.

Nir speaks very good English and communication was no trouble at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DontwaitMn
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The Rohotu Fare Lodge was for my new Bride and I, and amazing and unforgetable experience. We stayed at the one of Rohotu's lodges for 3 days during out stay in Bora Bora. Rohotu offers three uniquely carved wooden bungalows to provide for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Perched on the hillside of Bora Bora's main island, the bungalows are hidden in dense foliage, only to unveil themselves a superb view of the lagoon bay below. Nir, the onwer, is a man of unparalleled generosity and will go to great lengths to make your stay a most enjoyable one. We want to thank him again for 3 perfect days. The bungalows are each unique, offer a basic kitchen, allowing you to cook your own food. This helps keep the cost of your polynesian experience low, and we werre glad to be able to cook for ourselves as we had been eating in restaurants for over a week already. The NoaNoa lodge offers an interrior garden in which one finds a open air shower in the shape of a status pouring water on you. The beds are indeed comfortable, and the we found the mosquito nets to add to the romantic experience created by the uniqueness of the bungalows. The sunsets and sunrises are breathtaking. Nir offers your free wireless Internet, and bycicles to get around the island. We will keep the memory of our stay there for many many years to come...

Room Tip: Ask for the NoaNoa room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julien_g_marin
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Bora Bora in general is very expensive so it can be hard to decide where to stay unless cost is no object for you.

My husband decided on this place because of the price, there was a mini kitchen and the photos looked nice.

The owners wife was the only one there when we arrived, she was very helpful and friendly and provided cleaning and new towels every day during our stay. Which surprised us because some bed and breakfasts do not offer that.

There is a beautiful view from the balcony and the rooms have a lot of beautiful woodwork and decoration, but I wish there were some improvements to make it more comfortable.

The property is located on a step and poorly maintained dirt road. On the second day there I slipped and fell down the road because I lost balance and was carrying something in my hand. I am not clumsy and never fall, but was quite hurt before going on a lagoon day trip. I had deep cuts on my toes, shins, knees, elbow and arm. No one had bandaids so it was painful in the sea water that day. Do not stay here if you cannot walk up and down a slippery steep hill, and probably wear runners, flip flops are not good.

The bed is gigantic, it takes up the entire space of the room, so don't bring a lot of luggage there is little room for it inside.

There are not screens for the doors. So if you are sensitive to mosquitoes you'll have to stay under the mosquito net on the bed, or bathe in repellant. I'm really sensitive to mosquito bites so I was bitten quite a bit here compared to the other islands.

The bathroom/kitchen area is outside. There is an awning to protect from rain and a fence for privacy, but it is still outside, so if mosquitoes or creepy crawlies at night freak you out, you may not enjoy this if you need to use it after dusk.

There is no A/C in the room (obviously, it's not a sealed space) and there is one slow moving fan above the bed, you cannot change at all. There was a tiny portable fan that I propped up on the little night stand, but with two people in a tropical place you need more than that. 2 fans, or a bigger fan is necessary, we were sweating all night.

They offer free bikes to use but they are pretty worn, and the foam on the handle bars barely stays on so it's not comfortable to hang on to if you plan on biking every day to town or around the island. You can call for a taxi or rent other bikes though.

We did enjoy the service, the decor and the view it made our stay memorable. It was just tarnished a little from the mosquitoes and the heat at night. We've lived in the tropics before in Costa RIca and Hawaii, but there's either more fans or A/C provided in the bedrooms for a better night sleep.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank tropicaltravels6
Nadur, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

This place is just out of the ordinary!... So amazing throughout the whole place. It is just the perfect place where to stay in Bora Bora for budget-minded travelers. i was so happy my husband and i choose this place because we really enjoy our whole stay, from the destination to the hotel... we can not complain about anything at all.

MY BEST AND ONLY ADVISE: TAKE LOTS OF MOSQUITO REPELLENT WITH U!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank crazyblue20
barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Such a beautiful experience! The owner, Nir, is fantastic: he did everithing he could to ensure we had a unforgettable experience during our trip to Bora Bora; the place was very autentic. What I liked more was the fact that you really felt you were surrounded by nature, nothing to do with the other hotels, which felt like thematic-park in comperison. You could hear the sounds of the animals lulling you to sleep....
Very advisable!
Nir, if you read this, I'm Sandra, one of the 4 friens wich were the on november. A big hug & thnks again for everything ;-)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends