My wife and I decided to go to French Polynesia for two weeks for our honeymoon. Having never been there before, I bought a guide book and did a lot of online searching in planning our trip. I quickly found out that not only were there many options regarding where to stay but also many types of rooms and different views at each hotel. Trip planning was made more difficult because we were visiting three islands and you can only get so much information from a hotel website.
I realized that I needed to get some help from someone who knows the islands and the accommodations. I contacted True Tahiti Vacations and received invaluable advice and assistance not only in deciding to stay at the Four Seasons but also in planning our entire island-hopping trip. It helps that they are located in Tahiti and have firsthand knowledge of the resorts and restaurants.
The first thing you realize about the Four Seasons is the service. They met us at the airport and took us to the hotel on a private boat (complete with cool towels and refreshments). Smartly, they had us complete the check-in paperwork during the 15 minute boat ride to the hotel, which was very efficient.
The resort is a large place, so they took us to our mountain view overwater bungalow on a golf cart which giving us a brief tour. Most of the overwater bungalows are identical except for the view, except for the most expensive units that have a small pool. Our room was very spacious and had a large sitting area adjacent to a covered deck. The bathroom included a tub with doors that opened out to the deck and a nice shower. The bedroom included a comfortable king size bed and ample room.
On foot, our room was about a ten minute walk from the restaurants, pool, and front desk (and golf cart transportation is readily available for those who prefer not to walk). By walking, you can see the beautiful plants and flowers. Even at night, we never had a problem with insects.
The pool area is very nice with many different areas to relax and be a little pampered with cool washcloths, water, little fruit smoothies, pineapple candy, and other items the staff brings around.
The resort includes a private inland lagoon. The best place to view fish is near the beach near the center of the property rather than the long lagoon behind the villas (the long lagoon will probably be better in a few years after coral has a chance to grow). For the best snorkeling, the front desk can arrange excursions that take you to the best spots, which are at a different part of the island. Excursions can be billed directly to your room.
The restaurants at the resorts are very good. The view from the Sunset Restaurant and Bar is spectacular, especially at dusk.
There was also free laundry facilities at various points in the resort, which is nice if you were on a longer trip like we were.
Overall, there Four Seasons is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the paradise of Bora Bora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons