23 people are viewing this hotel
$2,098
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
3,949 results
All reviews arii moana fare hoa tere nui our honeymoon overwater bungalow mountain view fish room service plunge pool marine biologist kids club worth every penny main island sushi golf cart french polynesia heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2019

It is paradise on Earth. Very beautiful resort. We enjoyed so much swimming in the pool with fish. The food was also very good. We stayed 10 days. 5 in Four Seasons and 5 in St Regis. The staff of St Regis was more attentive and nicer than Four Seasons. Also the overwater rooms at St Regis are better in design and comfort. Try to go to both hotels, they are for us the best in Bora Bora.

Date of stay: December 2018
5  Thank pm3345
DiegoStembertGM, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Ia Ora na - thank you for taking the time to share your review here. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our Lagoon Sanctuary and the food. We hope to welcome you back to experience our new overwater bungalow suites and beachfront villa estates in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful experience for any human: couple on honeymoon, long married, family with or without young or older children. Approximately 100 guests served by 400 staff, EACH OF WHOM CALL EACH GUEST BY NAME AT EVERY ENCOUNTER.
Beautiful weather and enough activities to easily fill 10-12 days. Great variety re meals and opportunity to consume variety on the “big island”, a short 20 minute boat shuttle ride, followed by a 20 minute fast taxi ride.
Easy access to (included) washer/dryer and detergent, as well as sun protection and other emollients.
Friendly, non-complaining staff for our needs. We had great massages, snorkeling and easy reading time.
Only thing missing was an Adults Only quiet swimming pool. Bungalows are cleaned twice daily. Non motorized water sports are included, though Jet Skiis and helicopters are available.
We will visit again....with friends.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DiegoStembertGM, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Ia Ora na - and thank you for the "wonderful" review of your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time here, including the activities, food, amenities, and our staff. Thank you for choosing Four Seasons - we look very forward to welcoming you back with friends one day soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Arrived Bora Bora airport, Four Seasons boat gets you and your luggage. There is no taxi. Airport on motu (mini island left from volcano) Four Seasons Resort the same. Arrived early, spent day in spa beautiful porch overlooking lagoon or beach, your choice. Advice-if early arrival, have swimsuit, coverup, sandals ready. It’s all you need.
Once to room, everything beyond expectations as was spa. Service superb. Friendly. Everyone knows your name. We had an extended stay, so it was our great pleasure to get to know many of the Four Seasons Staff. They were so incredibly gracious all throughout our stay and our send off with many lovely dear acknowledgements.
Oh and about the mosquitoes, there was spray in the room, which I used at night. I am a magnet for mosquitoes after all. I had one bite in 13 days.
We had breakfast every morning early and stayed out the rest of the day, in a poolside lounge or cabana. I read 4 books. I’m a true workaholic, I haven’t read books like this since between high school and Undergrad. I’m blown away, truly. We’ve done many vacations, but none have taken me away like this truly spectacular surreal trip. I only wish you could’ve been there when I shot these photos. I must return. Everyone was superb truly. And the views every which way you turned, breathtaking. I will return.

2  Thank Kathleen G

Ia Ora na Kathleen - thank you for taking the time to share your review here! We are pleased to know that you found your stay with us to be "paradise found" and that you most enjoyed your overwater bungalow suite, the spa, service, and our staff. It's so great to hear that you were able to truly relax and be taken away. We look very forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2019

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights in one of the Mt Otemanu View OWBs (without pool) and had a lovely stay. The property/grounds are amazing and vast with lots of beautiful spaces (including various beach options) to take in. The restaurants were all very good (see seperate reviews).
The service was mostly amazing but there were a couple of exceptions to this. At breakfast one morning I asked about ferry/shuttle times to Vaitape and was told I needed to see concierge for that. This wasn't ideal as I didn't want to abandon my breakfast table to run along to Concierge which was not nearby. Another member of staff did come along to let me know ferry times which was great. I do understand the difference between wait staff and concierge but some basic enquiries should be able to be addressed by all staff throughout the resort. Breakfasts were good with a great selection at the buffet.
The restaurants were all great in terms of food. Service was a bit iffy at Sunset (at first) and the Pool Bar (see seperate reviews).
We loved the pool area and the poolside service was good (except on the one occasion I went up to the bar). As long as we stayed on our loungers and interacted with the very good waiter we got to know we were fine. At the bar where they didn't recognise us they were hopeless. I just stood there and was ignored, even once all other orders/customers were finished with....very poor form and totally out of keeping with the service in other restaurants and the resort in general.
The pool temp was perfect!! We never did ask what it was but I suspect approx 28/29 degrees...it was lovely.
The rooms: beautiful but getting tired and I can see why they are renovating. The decor is lovely but the revamp is needed from a maintenance perspective as some fittings/fixtures/furniture are showing their age in regards to wear and tear.
When needing transport around the resort the buggies or golf-carts were often a little later than ideal. Great that this service is available but sometimes just quicker to walk.
I agree with some previous TA reviews that the reception area needs a revamp. I would say the same of some of the 'public' bathrooms
We did a couple of excursions:
Lagoon Discovery: Dennis was a great guide and we both loved it even though I am very conservative in my snorkelling and hubby would have liked to be more adventurous. Dennis was brilliant and so was the beautiful lagoon.
Jet Ski: we did the tour around the BB mainland with lunch at Matira Beach Restaurant incl. The tour and the food at MBR were both amazing.
House-keeping was mostly great but I did have an issue with getting more face-cloths. HK stopped leaving them in the bathroom for some reason and it took about 5 requests from me over 2 days to get more. At one point (following a request for more face-cloths) room service turned up with diet cokes. This was a language barrier issue...really frustrating for me but also for them I suspect. We got there in the end.
There is a free laundry which was fantastic especially as we were in BB for 8 days.
The gym was excellent but needs improved air-con. Air con in the rooms was very good and nice and quiet. I didn't use the spa so can't comment on that.
One of my biggest tips for future guests would be to make the most of the App. We communicated with 4S quite a bit pre-stay and soon learnt that responses via the App were instant vs e-mail which could take a few days. I had no language barrier issues with the app or e-mail. Once in the resort my advice would be to keep using the app rather than picking up the phone. The phones were odd and the language barrier was an issue at times. On the app...no problems at all so do make the most of it.
Only negative comment re the app (which some-one else has already commented on in their TA review) is that, on arrival, we did not receive the notification via app that our room was ready. We were supposed to be alerted via the app but weren't. Didn't bother us however as we were enjoying taking it all in and having a delicious lunch at Fare Hoa.
Construction noise was evident at times but minimal. There is no way they will be finished by Oct (as currently stated on their website).
Can't wait to go back and see how the renovations turned out.
I have a couple of other suggestions for 4S re guest communication:
-I loved the itinerary print out thank you.
-What would have been even better would be a little note about what to take/not to take on an excursion (left in the guests room night before excursion). As an example...we didn't know for sure if we could take our mobile phones on the jet-ski tour...and when I called to find out it wasn't all that easy to find out.
-Weather forecasts (for following day) left in guests rooms each night.
-Mini-bar...the pre-mixed cocktails didn't have a price...so the mini-bar menu/price-list needs to be updated.
One other tip...totally do the Polynesian Dinner show. We wouldn't normally go for this kind of thing but we did and the food was great and so was the entertainment. Highly recommend this and it will be one of the cheaper dining experiences at the resort. The French Restaurant was outrageously expensive (we still loved it though) so it was nice to have a 'cheap' option for one of the nights we were there.
Photos to follow

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room OR a room that is nowhere near any construction
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank kristabel2016

Ia Ora na Kristabel - thank you for the "stunning" review! We are very happy to know how much you and hour husband enjoyed your stay with us, including the grounds, the restaurants, and the Chat app. We also appreciate all of your additional feedback, which will help us continue to provide the most exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2019

This place is excellent!!! I love the island and the people. For sure that we are coming back. Thank you to Sara she was amazing.
Well actually everyone was there ready to help you out with everything

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Ia Ora na John - thank you for the "excellent" review! We are thrilled to know how much you loved our island and people. Looking very forward to welcoming you back again one day soon.