“Best Vacation Ever”

Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow. From the moment we we got on the yacht to to go FSBB from the airport, to our farewell glass of champagne on the same boat, there wasn't a missed note. The staff is exceptional. The lovely Margot checked us into our room (mango juice, golf cart ride, fruit & local white wine awaiting us). I immediately went for a massage, my husband went straight for a snorkel. Dinner that night at Arii Moana (lovely lovely lovely). The spa was gorgeous and very relaxing. I'd skip the facial as it wasn't a very deep one (and if you're getting one, get one, right?), but the Balinese massage was TOPS!

The rooms are amazing. We were actually quite close to the beach and ended up loving that as it wasn't a long walk to breakfast, etc. The water is deep enough under all of the bungalows to snorkel or just float (we brought inner tubes to aid in that) and the water is clear as glass - such fun! Went paddle boarding one day which was fun, but harder than it looks ;) The bed linens are fabulous, and there are pocket doors all over the bungalow so you can close off parts of it if one if you is sleeping and the other one is awake. Great shower. The huge tub was great, but I personally was a little too short to enjoy it (I kept slipping under), but I'll never forget the view from the tub, that's for sure. Our bungalow was technically a "beach view" but we could Mt. Otemanu from our deck, so it seemed like we had the best of both worlds.

On to the food. My husband and I are foodies, and we were a little nervous after reading some reviews, but it was GREAT. We ate off the property twice (La Villa Mahana & Lagoon @ the St. Regis - both were totally worth the trip), and every meal we had on the resort was great. Breakfast is fabulous - omelette bar, usually some kind of egg special (scrambled with mushrooms was FABULOUS), and of course, the juice of the day, which was kind of my favorite thing ever. We mainly did lunch at the beach bar, and the archipelegos drink (the one in the coconut) is the BEST. Good salads, friendly guys working there - a great vibe. Good burger too! We did all the restaurants for dinner, and did the Christmas Eve gala dinner at Arii Moana, which was special. Christmas night was room service sushi on our deck as the sun set. I really don't think it gets better than that. Except it did! They brought us our "Christmas Amenity" which was this awesome chocolate "ornament" with fruit - lovely! Add in Santa jet-skiing by our deck that morning, and I truly felt the joy of the season ;)

The resort itself is gorgeous and all very relaxing. Everywhere you go someone is say Ia Orana to you (and they mean it!). There is a smaller private lagoon on the property where you can go snorkeling - tons of great fish and coral to see as well.

We also did the semi-private ray/shark feeding tour and that was amazing. It was 4 of us from FSBB, and a family of 3 from the Pearl Resort, and it was really nice talking to people from another resort! We drove by the "private tour" and it looked like there were 12-14 people on that one, so I'm glad we opted for the cheaper/chiller tour. It was the absolute highlight of the trip. You get all up in the sting rays, and were close enough to the sharks that I was totally freaked out (in a good way).

All in all, this was a new standard for us (or at least one we'll try and meet with every trip from here on out). We felt totally known by the staff on day 3, and really didn't want to leave. We would love to go back someday. This was an absolute splurge on every level. Treat yourself - you won't regret it.

P.S. - Hit up the duty free in LA for wine and spirits in your bungalow - you'll save a ton of money, and a nightcaps on the deck under the stars were amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank LizkWhatley
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We’re very grateful that you selected us as your holiday destination - we’re very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed all the festive activities and that Santa was able to find you. Thank you for sharing your experience here it’s always a pleasure to hear how much guest value our hard working staff, their over-water bungalow, the cuisine and excursions. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back one day soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

How do you describe paradise? Quite simply, it's the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. Perhaps the most gorgeous setting in the world. With turquoise waters and powder white sand, this idyllic hotel caters to the traveler wanting a five star dream destination.

Staff was exemplary, as was the amazing cuisine, incredible service and movie set qualify setting. New Year's Eve celebration was over the top, from champagne on the beach, to elegant dinner outside and topped with DJ and dancing until countdown and fireworks at midnight to bring in the new year.

We watched for fish through the glass on the floor of our overwater, thatched room bungalow. We loved the scuba equipment stored on our deck. Four Seasons thinks of everything. Of course, you may or may not need this before climbing down the ladder from the room into the water.

There simply aren't enough words to thank everyone at the Four Seasons for an unforgettable Christmas and New Years with our family. We miss you already!

Room Tip: Reserve a room on the first tier overlooking the island. Don't be afraid to swim with sharks an...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Krugtravel

What a lovely review!! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and for choosing to spend your holidays with us. We’re very excited to hear that you found the staff to be “exemplary”, the cuisine “amazing” and the holiday celebrations “over the top”. It was truly our pleasure to host you and your family and we miss you too- we hope to see you and family again soon- thank you again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed in an overwater bungalow in July 2013 and it was AMAZING!!! the food was great and the staff were attentive. We would spend days relaxing on the edge of the lagoon and they would bring you iced towels and freshly squeezed juice and water to keep you cool and hydrated. The crystal blue water was like nothing I have ever seen in my life.
They have a little snorkelling lagoon, paddle boards and kayaks all of which we used.
The spa is divine. We booked a couples massage and they placed us in the treatment room overlooking the beach side of the resort so we got to listen to the gentle sound of the waves which made the experience even more relaxing.
Our bungalow room and its views were stunning. We spent hours sitting on our deck taking in the scenery trying to get our heads around how beautiful this place was.

There are some incredible tours available and staff are more than happy to assist you in arranging bookings. July is the month of Heiva so you can boat it to the main island and watch the traditional dance festival.

I could go on about this place forever it is just so incredible. I would not hesitate in recommending the Four Seasons in Bora Bora to anyone. My husband and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Elicia M

Hello Elicia, thank you for the kind review! It’s exciting to read a fun review like yours and learn that our guest enjoyed their time with us. We’re thrilled you took advantage of everything the resort has to offer from the snorkeling in the lagoon to paddle boarding and kayaking. We’re also, very happy to hear that you loved your over-water bungalow, the food, spa, and our attentive staff. Thank you again for sharing you experience and it’s fabulous to hear that you will return – we look forward to it!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our stay at the FS Bora Bora was simply fantastic! My wife and I enjoyed the beauty of the property, the kindness and professionalism of the staff ( GM- Michel, ROOM- Igor,Sunset Staff- Patricia, Vierna). All top notch!

This was our second visit to beautiful Bora Bora. We previously stayed at the St Regis, but in our opinion the amenities of the spa, lagoon, and dining of the FS are superior.

Make sure to do the shark and ray feeding tour. incredible experience!

Kudos to Michel and his team on the New Years celebration! Best resort party ever!!!

We will definitely be back!

Bob & Melissa

Room Tip: Overwater bungalow with a view on the mountain
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert E

la Orana Bob & Melissa- thank you for the amazing review and for choosing to spend New Year’s Eve with us at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. Reviews like yours are a true source of motivation- we will pass along your kind words to the staff. We’re happy to hear that you both enjoyed the beauty of the property, the kindness and professionalism of the staff, spa, lagoon, and food. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we truly look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Where to even begin... my husband and I honeymooned in the FP for 12 nights. We spent our first six at the Hilton Moorea and the remaining six at Four Seasons Bora Bora. Definitely go in this order if you're visiting both islands. Don't get me wrong, Moorea was fabulous.. but Bora Bora (especially Four Seasons) was BREATH-TAKING.

Initially, we were contemplating the Four Seasons versus the Hilton in Bora Bora. Although I knew the Four Seasons would be better, we still chose the Hilton because it was cheaper in our package. Thankfully, we were "upgraded" to the Four Seasons by my boss as a wedding gift. Literally, best gift ever. After staying at the Four Seasons, I can't even IMAGINE how our experience would have been had we stayed at the Hilton! Both of our sisters previously stayed at the Four Seasons as well and were really pushing us follow suit. Bottom line - it is so worth the extra few thousand dollars. I can't emphasize this enough!! We were also gifted the meal plan at the Four Seasons which was PHENOMENAL!

Ok.. back to my review. From the moment we were greeted at the airport until the moment we said our goodbyes.. nothing but perfection. We were picked up by the cutest boat and were told not to touch our luggage as they would get everything for us. We watched as all of the other people on our flight ran to get their luggage because their hotels did not provide this service... nice perk. Immediately, we were given the nicest leis and taken to the boat where we were provided with cold towels (mind you - these are EVERYWHERE around the resort) and a bottle of water. Pure luxury.

Upon arriving, we were immediately greeted with a shot of fresh fruit juice and our own personal greeter. We were swept away onto the golf cart where we got a quick tour of the resort and were then taken to our bungalow. The first bungalow they took us to was actually not ours... oops. I was getting nervous as they pulled up to the 300s and we were taken into the bungalow closest to shore. I had requested a bungalow in the 200s and as far out as possible. Once we were inside I pointed out that this wasn't our bungalow as the welcome letter was addressed to another couple. Our greeter immediately apologized and rectified the situation. She gave us complimentary lunch while we waited for our bungalow.

Once we got to our bungalow we were THRILLED!! We stayed in bungalow 219 and it was perfect. Wonderful view of the mountain, far out bungalow in deep water. Our bungalow also had a new roof which was great. Every five years the resorts need to change bungalow roofs for insect reasons (I think - at least we were told). Newer roofs = less bugs. Let me say the Four Seasons takes extreme efforts to reduce their bug population. We literally did not see ANY bugs ANYWHERE on the entire resort, with the exception of two on our bungalow deck... which we complained about and the resort management handled SO WELL... thank you!!

Every morning my husband and I wake up, have some lavazza coffee on our deck.. head to the AMAZING breakfast buffet, relax near the pool and then head to our deck for the remainder of the day. We also set up an appointment to paddle board every morning at 7:30. This was so nice and relaxing.. a great way to start our day. The breakfast was so good. From the pastries, to the breads, to the cheeses, to the fresh fruit, to the omelets, to the cappuccinos/lattes.. OMG! SO GOOD. I would never, ever get sick of that breakfast. They also have the paper readily available in multiple languages to read at breakfast.

The pool was almost as incredible as the lagoon. Cabanas are first come first serve.. we used one just for the heck of it. It was fun. The pool servers were my least favorite.. we were ignored for 15 minutes one day while trying to order drinks at the bar so eventually we just left. That was disappointing, but that was the only time we experienced poor service. Speaking of drinks.. the tropical drinks were incredible, yet of course very pricey ($25 USD each).

The meal plan allowed us to have dinner at all three restaurants and also included room service. Each night we tried something different and were pleasantly surprised at how robust the meal plan options were. The food was so, so good (don't bother leaving the resort for food... eat there!!). So delicate and so gourmet. The room service was our favorite though so we ordered it three nights and ate from our deck as the sun set.. very romantic.

Overall.. the resort is just exquisite. Everything about it. The service was incredible - they would refer to us by Mr. and Mrs. (last name) the entire time. It was like everyone knew who we were. They remembered us at breakfast and brought us our favorite latte. The spa was AMAZING. Definitely spend the money and get spa treatments. The entire experience is fabulous. Walk around and explore the resort.. it's so big and there is so much to see. Really take advantage of your overwater bungalow. We noticed that we were the minority in jumping off our deck time after time. It was so refreshing and just fun. We would play music, make drinks and enjoy our time together every day.

I cannot WAIT to go back to this resort. I envy those of you traveling there soon. Enjoy and remember - you will never experience anything this grand again in your life (unless, of course, you come back).

Some tips..
1. Be sure to request a sunset facing bungalow to get the most out of the sun on your deck
2. Don't bother going to the mainland. It was a big waste of time. I would have much rather just stayed at the resort... Bloody Mary's is not good.
3. BUY YOUR LIQUOR/CHAMPAGNE IN L.A. AT DUTY-FREE!!! Our biggest mistake was not doing this...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank deebenz
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We appreciate you taking a moment to write such a kind review about your experience at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora. It’s a true honor to be called the “best hotel in the world” thank you! We’re very excited to read that your honeymoon experience was exquisite and that you particularly enjoyed the arrival experience, your over-water bungalow and food. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the pool our apologies and we will certainly follow up. Thank you again for sharing and we too hope to welcome you back again one day soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Not much to not like about Bora Bora and when you add The Four Seasons how can you go wrong.

The location is ideal and is probably the best location for a hotel. The staff is warm and very accommodating.

The water is crystal clear and the beach is pristine. It's a very warm time of year to travel to French Polynesia , December , so the water is almost as warm as the air temp.

Nothing bad to say but the prices are high as you would expect them to be at thud kind of resort but well worth it .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dalcrew1985
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons resort Bora Bora. We’re very happy to hear how “Wowed” you were and that you particularly enjoyed our warm and accommodating staff and the experience of Bora Bora overall. Thank you for sharing and we would love to have you visit again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We just got back from our babymoon and we are having serious withdrawals from the Four Seasons. This hotel is definitely pricey but you get what you pay for. The minute you meet the Four Seasons escort at the airport, you feel as if they will take care of all your needs during the trip, and they did just that. Every one of their staff makes you feel so welcome and its all the little touches they do - greeting you by name at the pool, beach and restaurants, to providing constant water and smoothies at the pool. They even arranged a taxi to pick us up and take us to an amazing restaurant Le CoCo's in Tahiti since we had a 6 hour layover headed back to LA. I got teary eyed when leaving the resort as their staff waved us goodbye at the pier as if they were family really sad for us to go. Will definitely be coming back and have raved to all my friends and family how great this resort is. Well done Four Seasons Bora Bora, you have made a lifetime fan out of my husband and I and we promise to come back at least a year from now once we have our family of 3! :)

Room Tip: Water bungalows all the way.. can't go wrong with any of them as the views around you are all am...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mmarayag

Thank you for all the compliments – our staff will enjoy hearing your kind words. We’re thrilled you felt well taken a care and part of the Four Seasons family and we can’t wait to welcome you back again. Thank you again!