We went visited Moorea, Bora Bora and Rangiroa for our honeymoon, and the Four Seasons was a beautiful resort - the most beautiful place we've ever stayed. We are not usually "fancy" travelers, but decided to splurge for such a special event. We stayed in a Mountain View OWB that was near the end of the pontoon that was also west-facing.
PROS: Spectacular views of Mt. Otemanu and the lagoon (that's why you go to Bora Bora), gorgeous OWB with the ability to open up the entire back side of the bungalow for a very airy atmosphere, awesome housekeeping services who made it as neat and clean each day as it was the first day (we always giggled because they put little towels under every personal item we left on a counter or table), quiet surroundings, immaculately kept grounds (the beaches are raked for goodness sake), friendly staff (especially the guy at the water sports hut and the guy driving the golf cart while playing the ukelele), good food (although the Moorea Hilton's breakfast buffet was much better), and fabulous spa.
CONS/HELPFUL ADVICE: Since the Four Seasons is located on one of the motu (which definitely adds to the paradise feeling), you have to be picked up or take a water taxi (30 min boat ride) to the main island. We booked through a travel agency, and were told that we would be able to arrange a water taxi at flexible times. This is not the case. The taxi leaves the FS at about 11:30a and returns around 2:00p (complimentary), and then leaves again at about 6:00p and returns at 10:00p (charged). We were doing excursions every morning (diving, jet skiing, hiking), and no activities returned by 11:30, so going to town was close to impossible (see below).
We had one negative experience with a staff member. Since we booked our trip with a travel agent, the jet ski tour was not through the FS operator, but rather out of the St. Regis. I called our concierge the day before and asked if he could call to confirm our pick-up. I also asked about the possibility of the tour dropping us off on the main island for some shopping (instead of back at the FS), and then we'd catch the FS boat at 2:00. He called me later and told me he'd spoken with the tour operator and that they had our reservation and that they'd agreed to drop us in town. Well, while on the jet ski tour, we asked our guide and he said he'd never heard from the concierge, so he called the office and they'd never spoked to him either. Needless to say, we were not dropped off in town. Once at the FS, I asked the concierge about the incident. He told me he called another jet ski operator and confirmed they had our reservation - why would some other operator have a reservation under our names?? To right their wrong, they did arrange for a water taxi to take us into town later that day (free of charge), and we were able to go to a grocery store to get inexpensive beverages and snacks. I appreciate that they did that for us - that's good service.
They tease you with the Wi-Fi access. At check in they provided us with the wireless code, but that was only good for the first 24 hours. After that, it was $30/day. I understand that it is an expensive place, but for $1500+/night, throw in the wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons