We just returned from a magical 10 day stay at the Four Seasons Bora Bora. We have stayed in 5 star hotels all around the world (Maldives, St Barths, St Tropez, London, Paris, Barcelona, Bali, Napa, Aspen, NYC, LA/Malibu, Capetown, etc etc) and this is now a property ranked in our top 3 in the world. I won't repeat the usual accolades as everyone knows how amazing the hotel is, and how stunning the island of Bora Bora is. Rather, we will list special things we really liked:
1. The welcome champagne/fruit is one of the most special gifts we have seen.
2. Marine lagoon: this is really a special place - not only should you do the tour w the marine biologist (he is truly personable and a special person to chat to), but the actual beach and area there is very pretty and relaxed. My husband, a big swimmer, did a morning 800m swim up and down the lagoon paths which make for, what he describes, as one of the most unique open water swims he has done.
3. Room service: whilst ppl may eschew room service, it is actually really nice to order room service for 1-2 dinners and have them setup outside on the balcony under the stars. The food is the same quality as the restaurants, and after 3-4 days of that scene, it is nice to feel like you have a private little cabin and food overlooking the water (and mountain).
4. Activities: super plug and play - very easy to line everything up the first day you arrive. We did the jetski, pure snorkelling, heli tour (a must!), and marine biology tour. The pure snorkelling trip was definitely one of the most active snorkelling tours we have ever done. At the start of the tour the guide Fabien asked whether we had any plans for after the tour. We all said no, and he said GREAT - so we can take our time and see what happens (no clock watching here). As it happens, after we did the first stop on the agenda (snorkelling in a spot renowned for manta and sting rays - amazing to see them glide below you!) Fabien got a tip off from a friend that whales had been spotted in the ocean just beyond the island. So we detoured to go find the whales! It was the most amazing sight ever - a mother whale swimming, jumping and diving with her baby. My husband even got to swim with the whales. After further stops to a spot known for its coral, and then at another known for the marine life, we returned to the resort almost 2 hours over schedule, having had the most fantastic experience. Truly do not miss this tour.
5. Service: simply unsurpassed - literally everyone nice, professional, friendly, no request unfulfilled. We have travelled in many islands and usually there is a bit of "island time" to service even in the 5 star spots - not here. It is right on the money all the time.
6. Bfast: amazing bfast included, and, for those health nuts out there, they have a cold press DIY juicer with spinach, cucumbers, celery, carrots, ginger, fruits, etc. Anyone who has ever done a juice cleanse, or likes vegetable based pressed juices, can juice to their hearts content!
Things we did not like:
- food can get a bit repetitive if you are there more than say 5 days. So just be aware and set expectations.
- once you are there, at night, it is a pain to go to the main island. again, not a big deal, but mentally prepare.
overall really one of the most stunning places on earth and whilst it is pricey, splurge and do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons