“Words cannot describe”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Sydney
“Words cannot describe”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't know what to say - it was the best 6 days (after the wedding day of course) of our lives. We were treated like royalty, service was impeccable. The over water bungalows have the wow factor that you dream of, the food was great, the happy hours were even better (they make the best girly cocktails!). Great atmosphere, awesome gym, beautiful surroundings - I didn't want to leave. The attention to detail was amazing - we will be saving the pennies to go back for an anniversary, the entire stay was perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin M
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello Erin-thank you for choosing us as your honeymoon destination. We are very excited you enjoyed your time with us and particularly enjoyed our Four Seasons service, your overwater bungalow, food, and who does not love a good happy hour! Thank you again for sharing your experience- we hope to welcome you back for your anniversary. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2013

what a beautiful place.
we had our wedding ceremony here on the beach
stuff are very friendly and professional.
often refer to you by name, very polite and helpful.
once a day there is complementary shuttle boat to main island where you can do some shopping for your tahitian pearl etc
at night you can also take a shuttle boat with cost to go to restaurants on island.
Cindy the wedding planner was very nice and helpful , we have communicated through emails until now and we finally met :) she made our wedidng something memorable.
siti at the spa is very helpful and fun to be with,
i spent numerous hours at the spa preparing for my ceremony but never was bored with her, and her make up and hair art, just amazing.
i have been to alot of nice hair salons in LA, Miami , NYC but her work was nothing less .
brekfast was almost always the same menu but juice of the day changes everyday.
we stayed at mountain view over the water bangalow and we loved the view from our room.
we even saw sting rays under our bangalows!
woudl definitely refcoomend to anyone who is thinking of staying in bora bora :)

Room Tip: choose a overwater bungalow with mountain view
1 Thank Rurina
Hello Rurnia and thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for choosing us for your destination wedding. We will make sure to tell Cindy and Siti you said hello! We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your wedding ceremony, Mountain View overwater bungalows, spa, and our signature Four Seasons service. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Nutley, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I just have to say that Four Seasons is one of the BEST resorts I have ever stayed at. The quality of customer service exceeded my every expectation. I am a Human Resource professional and am so thrilled to see that this type of customer service still exists. I would love to take the Four Seasons approach and teach it around the world to other resorts and the like. The staff were so attentive from day one and showed a level of respect and attentiveness throughout our stay. One staff member even knew my last name and bid me a good day. The level or respect and response to needs again exceeded my expectation. My husband and I went with another couple recently and stayed 4 days. Not enough to enjoy the beauty and excellence the hotel has to offer. The amenities are awesome and the grounds are impeccable. The over water bungalow a dream. Lastly, on our last day we were told that our checkout would be extended beyond 12noon, but then they had to retract because they realized they made a mistake. How did they amend their error...they provided us all with a huge beach side villa at no extra cost. Oh and we were back on the boat to return home, the entire staff at the front desk bid us adieu. I felt as if I were leaving family members!!!!! Again it exceeds my every expectation and I plan on visiting other Four Seasons throughout the world as I move on through my journeys. Bravo Four Seasons!!!! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elena S
Thank you Elena for this kind review! We are truly thrilled we exceeded your expectations! We're so proud of our team and the job they do to make every guest feel special and it will be my pleasure to share this review with them. It will truly be a pleasure to welcome you back to paradise one day. Thanks again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for our honeymoon from may 30-June 4, 2012. I have to say if anyone is fortunate enough to go here, do not miss your opportunity. We stayed in room 319 a lagoon view bungalow and found heaven. They arrange all activities and reservations for you. I'll never forget how cool Jacques, our waiter at arii moana was. Faustina was such a sweetheart when they picked us up at the airport. Everything you've ever dreamed of is at the Four Seasons Bora Bora and my wife and I committed to going back for our 10-year anniversary. Eight and a half more years. We can't wait!! Thank you FS Bora Bora for being the greatest place on Earth!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jack A
Hello Jack and thank you for such a glowing review. We’re so happy you enjoyed your stay- 8 1/2 years is a little ways away but we look forward to your return visit! We will make sure to tell Jacques and Fraustina you said hello. Thank you for sharing your experience here!
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Four Seasons Bora Bora is hands down the most amazing resort hotel I've ever stayed at. After reading the other reviews I don't think I can really add much that hasn't already been said. The service was impeccable, the food incredible, the views amazing. The attention to the detail was off the charts.

The only possible knock on hotel is the hidden charges not included in the room rate. These are most notably: the transfer charge from the airport to the hotel (8800XPF or ~USD$100 each way) and the internet charge (3000XPF/day or ~USD$33). Of course the ancillaries are very expensive ($30 salads at lunch) but there are a lot of good freebies (e.g., free yoga classes, free snorkeling tour in the lagoon, free trips to the main island, etc.).

4 Thank rattner
Hello and thank you for your review. We are thrilled you were “Wowed” and you really enjoyed the signature Four Seasons Service, food and amazing views. Thank you also for your feedback – we hope to welcome you back to paradise one day!
los angeles
Reviewed August 8, 2013

As a traveler, sun worshipper, and someone who's been dying to stay in an overwater bungalow for more than 20 years, the Four Seasons Bora Bora was truly a superb place to be. (Apologies that this review is so late in coming, as we stayed here right when the resort opened.)

Offering more than 100 overwater bungalows and on-land villas (when we traveled there in Oct 2008), the Four Seasons Bora Bora is simply a magnificent resort. My wife and I were fortunate to have grandma watch our children so we could visit this oasis “kid-free,” but that’s not to say that the resort isn’t kid friendly. It is, but if you can get away without the little ones, this place becomes even more enchanting.

After our lengthy journey from Los Angeles, we were picked up at the airport by the Four Seasons’ yacht and brought to the resort. A quick check-in ensued and we were given the keys to our private overwater bungalow which rested on stilts above the blue lagoon only two bungalows from the end of the pier.

The jaw-dropping beauty astounded me as we walked out onto the pier towards our floating oasis. Even though I had only been at the resort for a half hour, I realized that I may never see anything as beautiful on earth as this place. I began thinking that it was going to be difficult to translate into words how incredible the resort looked and what I was feeling.

My wife and I entered our perfectly manicured 1,500 square-foot bungalow and the race was on to see who could grab his/her cell phone quicker to start snapping pictures of the window on the floor that provided a perfect view of the water under our bungalow, the ultra plush king bed that looked out into our private balcony, the Jacuzzi tub in the center of the bathroom, the his and hers tile sinks, the rain shower, or the private dock where we could take a plunge into our own private section of the ocean.

Lounge chairs, ideal for tanning, and a dining set adorned the patio, making dining during breakfast a sensory experience. The food and service was spectacular and every plate, cup, and piece of silverware was polished and clean.

During our trip, we discovered four impressive ocean-view dining venues, ranging from informal to fine dining, each gratifying the appetite and engaging the senses. We sampled the delicious breakfast buffet at the Tere Nui restaurant overlooking the pool, beach and the amazing Mount Otemanu. The buffet included personalized omelet stations, fresh fruits, and baked goods. This tropical, open-air restaurant also offered themed dinners and BBQ’s throughout the week.

Most of our dinners took place at the Sunset Restaurant and bar where we enjoyed the magnificent colors of the setting sun over the lagoon while sipping on mojitos. There was a nice selection of entrees, and if you’re a fish-eater, you’ll definitely like dining at this restaurant. One night, we ventured into town for dinner at the world famous Bloody Marys Restaurant. This was the only part of the trip that scored a “Pale” rating for us. The food was average. The atmosphere was average, and it was a bit overrated. You get to pick your fresh entree from a “cart” filled with meat and fish, and even though that was a little unique, the food was not great.

No matter where you dine at the resort at night, you will have a leisurely stroll back to your bungalow or villa, and unlike Los Angeles where walking is a rarity and sometimes a chore, the walk back “home” was peaceful and quiet.

The Four Seasons Resort has a main pool, a child’s pool, and its own private stretch of lagoon where plush chaise lounges, love seats and umbrellas are set for daily use. We always dragged our lounges down toward the lagoon and placed 1-2 feet of the lounge chair into the water. It gets very hot in Bora Bora and even a sun worshipper like me perspired and needed the coolness of the water and the slight breeze to withstand 5-6 hours of tanning. For those that need a break from the sun or opt to be under cover during the day, there are complimentary cabanas and some shade trees that can keep your lounge chair out of the sun for a few hours.

Though I play sports, I didn’t expect my trip to Bora Bora to be very activity driven. But even I get tired of laying in the sun for seven days. My wife and I used the resort’s kayaks and rowed all around the “fingers” (the bungalows that protrude from the piers) of the resort. Even though the resort offers snorkeling equipment, we dragged along our own snorkels and fins and swam in the lagoon day after day. We went on a 2-3 hour shark and bat ray feeding, and the photo of my wife with a small shark within inches of her ankle impressed every friend and relative who saw the pictures I took as I stood safely away from her and her 2 1/2 foot version of Jaws.

One late afternoon, my wife had a 60 minute spa treatment and massage, while I utilized the gym. She gave the spa a top rating, while I gave the gym a similar rating, even though I was looking forward to taking a break from my four day a week work out regiment. The staff at the spa was extraordinarily nice, and the front desk personnel, assistant managers, and general manager were all courteous, friendly, and eager to please.

Overall, the Four Seasons Bora Bora is the best resort I’ve stepped foot in. If you’re looking for the getaway of all getaways, this is it. The resort is constantly offering specials, so if you can find a deal when you’re looking to travel, it just may be a “Golden” opportunity to start making plans for the vacation of a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mkgarf
Hello and thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We are very excited you enjoyed your stay so much that you still remember so many details. It sounds like you did it all- we’re thrilled you enjoyed your overwater bungalow, the spa, food, activities and our signature Four Seasons service. Thank you again for this review – we truly hope to welcome you back one day…soon!
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our stay at Four Seasons Bora Bora was just stunning. From the pick up in the boat from the airport to the rooms to the choice of food and eating places. We stayed in an overwater bungalow lagoon view which was just beautiful. One of the highlights of all was the boat trip with snorkelling with the sharks and rays from the resort. One of the best things I have ever done in my life. Service was incredible and always greeted by name. Nothing was too much trouble. Only thing we are in our 50s and was far older than the honeymooners all around us. Thanks Four Seasons Bora Bora for making our 36 wedding anniversary a memorable one.

Room Tip: All rooms no matter where seem to be great.
2 Thank klaebart
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello and thank you for the kind review, even more important thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us! We’re happy you were delighted with your overwater bungalow, food, and shark and ray excursion. Thank you again- we hope to welcome you back one day soon!