“AMAZING!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Jackson, Wyoming
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went to the Four Seasons Bora Bora with my parents for 10 days and there is no way to describe how wonderful this place is. Everything about it was absolutely incredible! We stayed in a lagoon-view bungalow and really enjoyed watching the boats come in and out each day. We did the ray and shark snorkel which was AMAZING, I was skeptical before getting in but it was very enjoyable. We also did the pure snorkeling and loved our guide so much that we had to book him private for a day, his name was Fabian and he showed us absolutely gorgeous places. My dad and I also did the jet ski which we really enjoyed, we got some history about the island and loved the guy who took us out. Our favorite restaurant at the resort was definitely Sunset bar. We loved eating sushi every night and especially loved seeing the people that worked there. We became very close to the people that worked at Sunset and they treated us extremely well! My family agreed that Bora Bora is hands down the most beautiful place we have ever been to. The Four Seasons did an excellent job by keeping us all happy. It is a very easy and comfortable place. Every day on the beach Mika and the rest of the men that were working were so kind to us and always helped us situate ourselves better! The view of Mt. Otemanu from the Four Seasons is spectacular, and really one of the best views on the island.There is truly no way to describe the beauty of Bora Bora.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aliciaevans78
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Alicia - thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review!

We' re thrilled you enjoyed your stay with your family and that you particularly enjoyed your lagoon-view bungalow, ray and shark feeding, snorkeling, (Fabian is great) Jet skiing, the food and our hard working staff (we love Mika to). We also love your pictures!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 5 nights for our honeymoon in the last week of March.
It was absolute paradise, clear and clean blue waters and a superb private bungalow facing towards the mountain so we could watch the sunset every evening. Bora Bora does live up to the hype- it is a wonderful place to visit. The hotel is understated luxury, and we loved the privacy of our bungalow... we hardly left it!
The food was great- our favourite was the sushi sunset bar. Yes, it is expensive but so is all of Tahiti so you just have to embrace it. For us traveling here really was once in a lifetime so we made the most of it and did as much as we could not looking at the prices.
The best money we spent was on a one hour photo shoot organised through the hotel with a French photographer Helene Havard- the photos are amazing and really show off the natural beauty of the island, it was also nice to have photos with both of us in them at the same time!
The only negative was the service was a little lacking for what I would expect at a Four Seasons- we had to request our room to be serviced on more than one occasion. But I think that that is just a Tahiti thing- no one rushes around over there, things take longer to happen so you just need to relax- if you can't beat them, join them!

Room Tip: It is worth paying more for a mountain view room, more private and lovely sunset view.
2 Thank BecIAus
Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful review!

Even more importantly thank you for choosing us as your honeymoon destination we are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your over water bungalow, sushi from our Sunset bar and your photo shoot with Helene.

Thanks again for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 3, 2013

There are no words that will Do it justice. This is the most beautiful spot we have ever been and those That have described it as heaven are spot on. It exceeds all expectations on all levels, and all categories. We have concluded that if you did nothing but travel to wherever Four Seasons has property, you can not go wrong. We are admittedly Four Season's 'worshippers', but this property and experience are simply exquisite.

Room Tip: There is no 'bad' bungalow!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello Laura! Thanks for the kind words, and for taking the time to share your experience here.
We're so happy to know that you (especially as a Four Seasons loyalist) were so happy with your stay here.

To know this is the most beautiful place you've been and that we exceeded expectations on all levels just makes our day ;)

Thanks again and we certainly hope to welcome you back one day!
Sandy
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 36 year anniversary and had a trip to French Polynesia on our 'Bucket List'. We were not disappointed. This was a once in a life time experience. So beautiful, our over the water bungalow was private, clean, comfortable and beautiful. The service was amazing and the food was great. The spa experience was incredible, so relaxing with staff that really understood the type of massage you wanted (I had two). My only reservation is the cost, Wow! $20,000 for one week.....

Room Tip: We chose the room 330 which is one of the best! Had the best view and was the most private.
1 Thank AliceJ891
Hi Alice - thanks for the lovely review! But more important, thank you for choosing to celebrate your 36th anniversary with us here!!!

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you particularly enjoyed your overwater bungalow, Four Seasons service, the food and Spa.

Wishing you all the best and thank again ;)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Best hotel BY FAR in Bora Bora! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in July 2011 and I'm so happy we did as it was by far one of the most relaxing, beautiful resorts we've ever stayed at. And judging by the outside of all the other hotels on the island (during a jet-ski excursion which i would definitely recommend btw) it was THE BEST hotel on the island. The service was literally second to none (as we've found with every Four Seasons experience). The rooms were as gorgeous as the scenery (if that were even possible). The island was simply breath-taking: the definition of postcard perfection. The food at all the restaurants were excellent. And it didn't hurt that a couple of celebs were staying there too! The spa was also very relaxing and has a seperate men and women's jacuzzi which was definitely worth getting a treatment for. Basically it was heaven on earth and I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank guls d
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello- and thank you for the great review! We're so excited that you and your husband where able visit us again! We're most pleased to hear that you particularly enjoyed the, jet-ski excursion, room, service, food and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back again - Thanks again!
New York
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wow! When we got back from our trip I literally had a hard time coming up with the words to describe how much I loved this every aspect of this trip. The best thing I can come up with is that the Four Seasons Bora Bora is exactly how I picture heaven. Little piece of heaven right here on earth.

Service:
The staff at the FS literally made me feel like Princess Catherine. I was greeted by my name, "Madame Kelley" at each meal and encounter.

Food:
The food is outstanding. My husband and I are very much into food. We lived in New York for a while where every meal is fantastic so we have expectations and they were met by the FS. I need to mention Jerome. One night we were having a little wine at the Sunset Bar and Jerome let us know that if there was anything special we wanted for dinner one night to tell them and they would make it happen. We had a fantastic time dreaming up something wonderful and the chef prepared a special meal for us the next night.

Pool/Beach:
The grounds are gorgeous. We stayed at the beach most days. You can enjoy lunch and drinks at the beach. The staff brings around cool towels, smoothie samples, coconut wedges, water.... basically just anything to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I was craving a Croque Madame on the beach one day and it wasn't on the menu and they made it for me, no problem!

The tasting menu at Arii Moana was wonderful! We loved the concept of small plates and trying different items. Sunset Sushi bar was wonderful. The sushi was fresh and delicious. The breakfast buffet was included each day with our package and we loved it. I loved the juicer! Making fresh juice was fun! They also have a juice of the day each morning that was quite a treat.

Rooms:
We were on the West Pontoon, Lagoon View with a Sunset View. We requested this specifically because we wanted to see the sunset from our room and wanted our deck to have sun in the afternoon. On this part of the platform we didn't see any other bungalows from our deck, just the lagoon which was surreal and romantic with my husband at sunset. I recommend a requesting a sunset view.

The beds are fantastic!! We slept like babies. We came home refreshed and relaxed from all the luxurious sleep on those outstanding beds. It felt like you are sleeping in a cloud.

Activities:
We did the Shark and Bat Ray feeding with the BBQ lunch which was awesome! My husband loved the sharks, I was a little scared but it was awesome! The BBQ lunch on a private island afterwards was such a wonderful experience. We loved it.

We did the complimentary snorkeling tour with Oliver in the FS sanctuary. This was fun, easy and free! Do it on of your first days so you can go back and do it again and again without the tour and know where to go.

We enjoyed the stand up paddle boards which are also complimentary!

Spa, Gym, Yoga:
The spa was wonderful of course. I had the Balinese massage and loved it. Hubs loved the gym. Every morning I practiced yoga on our deck over the water which was mind blowing. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I just asked the front desk for a yoga mat and of course they got me one.

From the moment the FS greeter placed a lei around my neck at the air port and transported us in the FS boat to the hotel, greeted warmly with cold water, cool scented towels, I felt a giant sigh of relaxation. The weight of life was lifted off my shoulders. There aren't words to describe how wonderful it feels to be taken care of the way the FS took care of us.

Some people complain that there were kids there. They didn't bother us. In fact, we thought the kids were actually some of the most well behaved kids we had ever seen. It was refreshing to see children behave so well.

The cost:
You can't let the cost get to you. Basically every single thing is expensive. If you decide to go, decide to not look at the cost and enjoy yourself. Otherwise just go to Mexico. Bora Bora is costly and that's that.

The only thing I can think that I would like to request was more wine options by the glass. After a week the same few wines by the glass was a little tiring, but seriously that is the only thing.

We looked at the St. Regis before deciding on the Four Seasons and we decided on FS because it felt less stuffy to us. We went to dinner one night at Lagoon at St. Regis and it was good, but we were still really glad we had chosen the Four Seasons. It was the right choice for us. We are 30ish so the FS was the right crowd.

This trip will blow your mind. The Four Seasons will take your Bora Bora trip from excellent to heaven on earth. Go and enjoy yourself and love life. This place is awesome.

Room Tip: West Pontoon is closest to the pool/beach. Request a sunset view if you want sun on your deck in the...
18 Thank StephanieEK
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello Stephanie! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your stay - this is sure to be of great help to future guests. And thank you for such a lovely review - we're so happy to know that you had a great stay with us!

We're thrilled to know you particularly enjoyed the arrival experience, Four Seasons service and staff, the restaurants and food (including your special dinner!), the resort grounds and pool/beachside pampering, signature Four Seasons beds, your shark & ray excursion, our marine biologist Oliver, stand-up paddleboarding and the Spa. And thanks for your feedback on the wines by the glass - we'll certainly look to see where we can expand that!

Thanks again for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day!
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough about this place. Beautiful surrounding ,superb service by hotel staff .all around best trip we ever had. We will be definitely be back. We loved our room with its beautiful mountain view and very private. Restaurant staff will greet you with big smile every time and they looked sincere doing it. When travel around , most places , staff do smile at you but they don't really mean it(you can see it their eyes). We did love the food as well. I wouldn't say it is a right place for kids. There isn't much to do for them. However if you are couple and looking for one to one quality time and rekindle your love for each other, this is it. I did a quiet bid research and narrowed it down between Fs and St. Regis. I choose FS based on reviews I read. I'm sure that I made a right decision. Hopefully we will be back soon

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shawn G
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Shawn! Thanks so much for the great review - we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here!

We're very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us, and that you particularly enjoyed the beautiful Four Seasons service, friendly, staff and the food.

We too, hope to welcome you back again one day soon!