My husband and I were lucky enough to finagle a trip to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. We had heard great things about the Four Seasons Bora Bora and decided we'd work our trip so that we could spend 5 nights there. We started off with 3 nights in Moorea. Although people suggested we spend more time in Bora Bora, I thought 5 nights was just right. We took the small plane from Moorea and 5 nights gave us enough time to settle in and enjoy the beautiful hotel. Bora Bora is everything you'd imagine and more. I felt like I was in a movie set.
We opted for a hut closer to the beach since it was more affordable vs. mtn view...and frankly, you can't go wrong with ANY hut at this hotel. It was beautiful - big living room, bathroom, and nice bedroom. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and some fresh fruit. Service was wonderful - fresh towels and bottled water everywhere. Amazing breakfast (which was included in our stay) - everything from chocolate croissants, fresh omlettes...you could even drink coconut juice right from a coconut w/ a straw in it haha. They had a juicer too - with an array of ingredients so you could make your own fresh juice. The food was fantastic.
We loved that they offered free non-motorized water sports and took advantage of the paddle boarding multiple times. We also did some snorkeling - although there isn't really any coral around this hotel. We paid the whopping $250 for a jetski and did a tour...it was worth it. We also did a couple's massage which was lovely and I found the prices at the spa surprisingly reasonable given the setting/quality.
Overall, this is a dream place to visit. But, be ready to spend big bucks. We were lucky enough to have dinner included in our package. Otherwise, we would have dropped at least $200 a night on dinner. Drinks (aside from beer) are close to $25 each. The one meal we paid for each day was lunch - we'd split an entree since they're good size and usually get a side and 2 drinks...and easily spend $75.
In the end, we were very happy with how we split our time - 3 nights in Moorea was perfect - we rented a car and really got to see the island, which is bigger. 5 nights in Bora Bora was perfect. Once you're there - there isn't much to do other than sun, eat, and drink. My husband and I agreed - he can take me back there for an anniversary trip. He says '25th anniversary' - we'll see. There are certainly other places in the world we'd like to visit before we take a 2nd trip. But honeymooners, this place is amazing...and wasn't that much more than Hawaii and far less commercialized. We'd recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is a South Pacific paradise, combining the highest standards of service with ultramodern comforts and the natural ease and gracious hospitality of the Polynesian culture. Set upon Bora Bora's surrounding coral atoll, the Resort is a vast tropical grove, replete with coconut palms and pandanus trees. Meandering channels of pure turquoise lead to the main beach or to smaller lagoons, waiting to be discovered. Every vista is breathtaking. The Resort offers 100 overwater bungalow suites and seven beachfront villa estates, all designed with thatched roofs and decorated with indigenous artwork. Four restaurants offer a vast selection of creative culinary experiences, while the full-service spa is balanced by the powerful rhythms of the Pacific Ocean and the tranquility of the island's lagoon - offering an unmatched combination of relaxation and exhilaration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons