“Amazing Place”

Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We came here for our honeymoon after getting married in Moorea. The prices were, of course, out of control high but I think the experience was worth every penny. We had an over-water bungalow and it was absolutely gorgeous. We were at the end of the pier and although we loved the view, it is a very long walk to the main hotel area. I'm talking at least a 15 min walk to the restaurant. If you don't want to walk you can call the front desk and they'll have someone come pick you up. Most of the time we just walked because why not? The room is seriously exceptional. The deck area is huge and very private feeling. The water was colder than I expected, I guess I'm used to the super warm water of the Caribbean. The food was just okay ,nothing mind blowing, but we went to La Villa Mahana one night and it was delicious. Our travel agent Laurel from True Tahiti Vacations set up reservations in advance and I'm so glad. Oh, BTW Laurel is the best travel agent for FP. She lives in Moorea and it helps so much. We made her price out at least 20 different vacation options, asked tons of questions, had her book our wedding and she was amazing! If you're going to Bora Bora, Four Seasons is the place to stay. We looked at all the other hotels and this was the best by far. Although I heard the fancy restaurant at the St. Regis is awesome. The spa was really nice we had a couples massage that was just okay. The spa area is free so go take advantage of the amnesties, it's worth it. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank khoppy

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I just got back from the best imagineable holiday at the Four Seasons Bora Bora! We do travel a lot and have been to many other luxury vacations but the glory of Bora Bora and the service and quality offered by Four Seasons was the best we have ever come across. We did really feel like we were in paradise! It was expensive but we were honeymooning! We would LOVE to go back one day. If I had to be so picky as to not give it 10/10 in every category, it would have to be the dining options (and how expensive it was). EVERYTHING else was done to perfection! Couldn't be more satisfied!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alisha-D2011
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here with a group of friends in April. It was sooo beautiful,we couldn't believe the water could be every shade of blue. The service was perfect and they made you feel right at home, very friendly. The food was great, but the best breakfast I had was the last morning when I ordered room service with the eggs and Tabouli and goat cheese, fantastic!!
My only negative is that there is no night life or music or anything to do at night. We were with a group so it didn't matter as much, but it was pretty quiet. We went to Bloody Marys thinking there might be a little action there..wrong!! Very quiet and stuffy..disappointing!!
Other than that it was wonderful..oh, and Harrison Ford was there with his family which made it a little fun..he was friendly and said Hi! every morning. If you expect perfection, you will probably be disappointed with something, but nothings perfect and this was as close as you get!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jujubee47
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We booked Bora Bora for our honeymoon and the Four Seasons was the obvious choice, although from London its quite a jaunt.

We left Sunday lunch time after our wedding and arrived Tuesday afternoon. You can do it quicker but we weren't in a rush and were fairly chilled by the time we arrived thanks to Virgin Upper Class.

On arrival you take the Four Seasons fabulous launch from the airport which is a perfect start. The other hotels do this too but not in quite the same fashion...

We had a bungalow which looked out towrads the mountain (free upgrade thanks 4S) which was beyond good. I can't comment on the other hotels but this room is 6*. Its more like a super yacht. It's a hardwood open plan house which just works so well. You can sit on the fabulous bed with the doors wide open and stare out to the lagoon. I will say no more for fear of spoiling the surprise!

The hotel is excellent, nothing is too much. The food is very good although we stayed for 5 days and it started to get a little same old. We made it out of the hotel twice for dinner which was entertaining and an enjoyable change. Bloody Marys and the Kania Hut were both excellent.

Diving was fabulous as was the catamaran experience with the French dude.

All in all a really special experience. DO IT!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank neilh044
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Cruising on the Paul Gauguin with a stop over in Bora Bora, what else to do but get off to spend the night at the Four Seasons. After inquiring multiple times about how and when to get there, I was disappointed that they emailed me to say they could pick us up 3 hours earlier that I had arranged for, but , not having access to email (it was my 20th anniversary), I didn't see the message until I returned to the US. (THERE IS A FREE SHUTTLE FROM THE RESORT TO VAITAPE, BUT THE SCHEDULE IS NOT PUBLISHED--ASK)!

Despite losing 3 precious hours there, the resort is all that it is advertised to be. The bungalows are beautiful, the service impeccable and the food absolutely fabulous. The only downside, after having snorkelled in some of the clearest water and coral filled reefs in the world , their "lagoon" was like swimming in a huge fish tank, but it was still fun, nonetheless.

For the most romantic resort ever, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MHL888
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I know this review is late but my wife and I had a glorious time at the four seasons in Bora Bora. It was expensive but honeymoons are important. Definitely splurge on the couples private cabana massage and do the luau if they have it! The guys at the paddle board hut were great and so were the ladies at the spa. We still talk about the soap and shampoo! The trip to the mainland of Bora Bora was very fun. Breakfast was awesome and so were the cabanas near the pool!

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank Keith P
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have just returned from the best holiday imaginable at the Four Seasons.

We had our two young children and my parents with us and were very impressed by the property, the staff and the incredible attention to detail. From the arrival trip in the private launch to the staff waving us goodbye there was nothing but sincere smiles and attentiveness the whole 9 days. The overwater villas are spacious and beautifully designed and even having the cheaper beach view rooms gave us gorgeous views of the lagoon, mountains and beautiful sunsets. They had thought to provide so many things in the room to make the stay more comfortable like towels for the deck chairs, beach bags (you don't need to bring your own), plug adaptors and flip flops were a few of the extra touches we found thoughtful. Our children were sleeping on the sofa bed which was folded away each day and prepared each evening ready for them to sleep after dinner, which meant we still had a living room to use during the day. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing we found strange was the minibar arrangement were you have to prepurchase items in lots of 6. We couldn't finish 6 boxes of peanuts if we tried!

My husband organised the beautiful Polynesian breakfast and sunset dinner on the beach for my birthday which were both stunningly arranged. The breakfast is very big so I would recommend sharing one. In fact we found all the serves big and shared most of the meals at lunch by the pool. Some of the menus at dinner feel a little limited but the food is beautifully cooked and not enough of an issue to give it a bad rap over. All lunch meals came with side choices of pommes frittes, salad (nice french dressing), stir fried vegetables or root chips. At the buffet breakfast we were served by the delightful Haifana who by the second day knew exactly which juice we each liked and how we each took our tea and coffee! The flowers in her hair still make me smile.

The children were personally greated by the activites manager and given gifts upon arrival and had so many choices of activites and staff at their beck and call including a full time marine biologist Oliver who took us snorkelling around the inner lagoon and showed my son the best hiding places for octopus, hermit crabs and puffer fish. The marine life is still on the young side after the hotel's construction but will gradually build up in numbers. That said we saw heaps of beautiful tropical fish and the local spotted sting rays.The kids club staff were lovely and my daughter enjoyed her occassional visits and meeting other girls her age.
Our days were spent lounging by the pool, kayaking (all day activites staff too), jumping off the overwater villa's deck into the lagoon and enjoying lots of fresh food and great drinks. The current in the lagoon can get strong but our overwater villa was in chest deep water and our children had no problems. Our 8 year old snorkelled from the villa to the beach a couple of times. The villas at the end of each boardwalk would be in very deep water and you would need to be very carefull.
The Polynesian dinners on Mondays are entertaining and a nice chance to meet other guests.
My mother and I enjoyed the spa which was nicely situated with the sound of the ocean nearby and gracious professional staff.
The only thing we would do next time is a visit to the sea turtles and manta rays at other parts of the lagoon.
The property is quite large and there are many different places to enjoy. No need to worry about noise whether you're a honeymooning couple looking for a quiet spot or a family wanting to have fun.

After staying at many 5 star and boutique hotels around the world this has set the new benchmark for us, even beating the incredible Asian resort service standards.
I could keep writing forever but the bottom line is that this holiday was worth every dollar spent and we recommend it highly to anyone.

I will seeking out Four Seasons hotels from now on!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family