“Beautiful.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Washington State
“Beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Traveled to this resort for our 30th anniversary. Service is top notch. Resort is beautiful, secluded, quiet and tranquil. Staff is very service oriented and mindful of every need. They even accompanied us at an evening dance festival to ensure we returned safely to the resort. Food around the island is very pricey. Be prepared for that. Snorkeling and scuba diving was best every. Far exceeds Hawaii and Caribbean. Not much shopping if you're into that. Be prepared to unplug and unwind in this amazing place

Room Tip: Overwater bungalows toward the end of each pier are the most private, of course. Downside is you hav...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear DBWashington, Ia Orana !

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review regarding your past experience at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort !
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and that our associates took good care of you. We definitely look forward to servicing you again in future !
Wishing you some wonderful perspectives for whatever is in your plans.

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 night stay at St Regis Bora Bora for our honeymoon. We stayed in one of the premier overwater bungalows and WOW. This place is unreal. The service levels are unrivalled, the quality of the villa and fit out is second to none.
I thought the photos i had seen were photoshopped, but when the sun is out the colour of the water is unlike anything I've ever seen before, even in other tropical locations.
It definitely was pricey, but for a once in a lifetime trip we felt it was well worth it - and wished we had stayed longer.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: overwater bungalows without a doubt.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LuxNZgirl
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Ia Orana philleasfog1 !

Thank you very much for posting a reveiw regarind your recent stay at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort !
We are extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your Premier Overwater Villa and that our associates took good care of you !
We hope to be able someday to welcome you again and have another opportunity to care for you.

Kind Regards from our Teams
Grande Prairie ab
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

What an incredible place to visit! It is beautiful and you are treated like royalty!! First class all the way. The staff are excellent and attentive, the food is incredible at every restaurant, the views are amazing, the laguanarium is the best snorkelling I've ever done. It's a bucket list trip for sure! Can't wait to go back! St Regis you raised my standard in terms of hotel expectations!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear leah o, Ia Orana e Mauru'uru Roa !

We would like to send you a big THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Resort on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay this much, and take as a huge compliment that we even managed to raise your future expectations ! This means that we did a good job.
We hope that you had a nice trip back home and that you have wonderful plans for the Easter week end !

Sending you our best Regards and some tropical scents !
La Condamine, Monaco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

It is a very beautiful resort, although a little artificial, but it is let down by the service and attitude of many of the staff in what is supposed to be a *****L rated resort where you are paying close to €1,000 per night. The local staff seem to have a much better idea of hospitality than some from the metropole. I had no turn-down service one night and called to ask why and I was told "oh, you mean the cookies" - as if that is my priority for the turn down service, no, it is the second cleaning and towels etc. which was not even done to standards one expects. Dirty glasses were often not replaced, or they were left outside our door and were still there in the morning when we went to breakfast. Before arriving at the hotel and after arriving I requested a spa reservation be made for me, it was never done so I did it myself. I called the butler service to book a restaurant reservation at their Jean-Georges restaurant and was told I had to speak to the concierge, they then told me they were too busy booking activities for others and if I could call back later. So I handled all these things myself from then on. They also had no spinach or peppers for at least 5 days, saying the boat never arrived.... I ordered a chicken Cesar salad at the bar and the chicken was the worst I had ever seen, pink and gristly and I had to spit it out - they did however take it off my bill and did not charge me for the drinks.

They have bicycles given the size of the resort, but unlike resorts for example in the Maldives, you have to fight it out with the other guest to get what seems to be one bike per 20 guest and almost every single one is rusted or a bit broken and you are not allowed to use them after 5pm!

Overall, some of the service was good and the food at the Jean-George restaurant was excellent, however if you are a sophisticated international traveler used to 5 star resorts, then you will likely be disappointed. Some guest were waited on hand and foot, but we were not whatsoever, perhaps because we are European and the staff know it is not the culture to give tips, but tips in this price range and given it is French Polynesia are totally inappropriate in my opinion. I have stayed at 5 star resorts where the policy is "no tipping".

If you are an American honeymooner from the mid-west who has not travelled much, then this may be the best experience of your life, but others may be disappointed. One should also note that the resort is very Americanised which others may not appreciate, I.e. people sit down for dinner for no more than 40 minutes, so there is no atmosphere at all. I also noticed some people making huge sandwiches at breakfast, massive triple deckers, and filling boxes with fruit so they can basically have a buffet lunch in their villa from the breakfast buffet - the staff seemed to encourage it providing the bags and boxes. From a European perspective, this is very vulgar and just simply wrong. Women are also not allowed to go topless at the resort as one can everywhere else.

Overall, the service level is not up to 5 star standards (being told in French by a bartender that he has "2 hands, not 4" when I ordered a drink shows poor training and attitude). The oasis pool area is a little run-down with several chipped and broken tiles left on the pool steps.

This resorts was featured in a cheesy American film called "Couples Resort" and a number of B list celebrities have been here - had I known this before I booked, it could have given me an idea of what to expect.

From what I have heard and my experience of the group, the Four Seasons is likely to be a better option in Bora Bora and provides the service level and attitude expected.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Grijns
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Grijns, Ia Orana !

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience on your recent stay with us.
We are quite sad, at reading your comment, that your stay didn't match your expectations, and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have met throughout your stay.
We would love to have the opportunity to discuss further on what has happened, as we think your feedback and travel experiences will help us improve the quality of our services.
We also would like to check on the origin of the bad services that were provided to you in order to ensure this will never happen again.
Should you accept a discussion with us, please kindly contact us at sales@stregisborabora.com.
Otherwise, thank you again for sharing the points of what you think are our areas of improvement.

Kind Regards from our sunny corner of Paradise,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from our 11 day honeymoon at the St. Regis. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place or Thierry, our butler. Everything about our St. Regis experience was amazing. Four wonderful restaurants to choose from. Theirry went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and that all of our needs were met. He made a point of checking on us wherever we happened to be on the resort. Your butler will guide you to the best the resort has to offer. For us, best food was at Sushi Take. Jerome, the manager at Sushi Take took great care of us. Best ambience was on the terrace at the Lagoon at sunset. Favorite activities were snorkeling in the Lagoonarium, paddle boarding, and lounging by the pool or on the beach.

Make sure to attend the fish and shark feedings (on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings).

Try the cucumber martini at the Lagoon bar at sunset on a Tuesday.

If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience the St. Regis is for you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tpraisner
Congratulations tpraisner, on your Honeymoon !

Thank you very much for selecting The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort as the host of your most romantic trip !
We are truly happy to read that you brough back home some great memory, and that overall, your experience with us was a success. Thierry and Jerome will receive our congratulations for taking good care of you -
We hope to be able to welcome you again in future and wish you an everlasting love !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

...to quote from that iconic movie filmed here - and it's true! I expected unbelievable and there it was, paradis retrouvé, (or "Eden" as in the 24/7 reruns of Couples Retreat the St. Regis was named). And I even got OWV #101 (VERY convenient since it is closest to restaurants, beach, pool etc. as I was alone and would not have liked to be farther in the OWV-row.)
Service, room, amenities totally in line with what one wants when such expenses are put forth. However, this IS the most beautiful place on earth and "the best things in life may come free but the second best are expensive" (Coco Chanel) so you come prepared. Bora Bora and the St. Regis should absolutely be on one's list of places to see AND stay at least once in a lifetime, the unique blend of Polynesian sweet and gentle nature and the French spirit make for a memorable experience. I have to give special notice to the respect and genuine cordiality with which the whole staff treats guests, along with a desire to grant every wish - it is beyond professionalism when professionalism appears and is so sincere.
Thank you Pierre, the personal butler, for helping with some cancellations/reservations that I was forced to make for our stay in Pape'ete due to the change in plans for our family trip, he was most helpful and actually called and took care of it! Also, since I had a late flight to Tahiti I requested late check out but instead was moved to a remote but beautiful oceanfront villa for the day and would have enjoyed it was it not for the A/C which quit working on an incredibly humid, overcast day where there wasn't even the slightest breeze....Pierre came to the rescue and helped me pack and immediately called service to fix the problem. BTW, I would never choose this villa when the OWBs are so spectacular with a wonderful view of Mt. Otemanu, in the middle of a lagoon overflowing with zillions of fish swooshing about under you, with the most beautiful shade of turquoise I ever saw, even on a deeply overcast day (yes the weather in mid March was not good) the water around my villa was still gorgeously the bluest blue! Daily dips in the lagoon made the heat more bearable and the trade winds on the deck were ever so pleasant. Not so inside the villa, w/o a/c the air is motionless, even with all windows and doors open. When you have an opportunity to inhale the cleanest ocean air why turn on a/c? Unless you can't breathe!
All in all it was a dreamlike adventure with plenty of privacy everywhere I went, no crowds just fellow travelers who pay a lot to avoid commercial zoo-like tourism. Even though the hotel was filled to capacity --- another amenity that one pays extra for is understatedness. It's a luxury today to enjoy beautiful natural surroundings w/o hordes, billboards, mcdonald's and coca cola posters, (as a matter of fact all of Tahiti has NO billboards and vulgar advertising, even during elections which were held at my visit the only promotion of various parties was by different colored flags).
No complaints as far as the breakfast buffet, plenty of choices for everyone and then some, if you choose to order a special variation of your favorite dish or coffee (I am very finicky about my macchiato) the staff will literally bend over backwards to please. Jean-Georges and the Lagoon restaurant were memorable!
A perfect vacation!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank BUON_VIAGGIO_7373
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear BUON VIAGGIO 7373, Ia Orana e Mauru'uru !

What a wonderful review to read ! We are delighted that you have been able to spend some quality time with us, and that our associates took good care of you. Pierre is a gem, and we will make sur to inform him about your feedback.
This is nice to read how much you enjoyed your stay in Bora Bora, eventhough, it is true, the season is a little harder to experience than the Polynesian winter which occurs in July/August. Each season has its pros and its cons !
We hope that you had a nice trip back home and that you have been able to load on your desktop some real, personal screensaver in which you now appear !

Sending you our kindest regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Excellent place. I went there for my honeymoon and I can only say everything was perfect. Stunning rooms and very kind staff. From the living room you could see the fishes in the sea, very nice! The japanese restaurant in the resort was superb.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pali A
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Pali A,

Ia Orana e Mauru'uru Roa for reviewing our property ! But above all, CONGRATULATIONS on your Honeymoon !
We are very happy at reading your lines to understand that our level of services met your expectations - for a Honeymoon trip MUST be perfect !
We hope that you had a nice flight back home and that we will welcome you again, in future, and be able to take care of you again.