St Regis Bora Bora
The flight on Air Tahiti was comfortable and the short 50 minute flight was very scenic. I could not believe I was finally going to Bora Bora.
Collecting our bags and going to the resort shuttle boats was quick and easy. The lagoons, the overwater bungalows, the motus, Mt Otemanu! It was all like I imagined. We arrived at the St Regis dock, we unloaded our luggage, received a lei greeting, cold towels and fresh fruit drinks then it was off in golf carts to our overwater villa with our personal butler. This was a first for me and I was feeling intimidated by the luxury, but it was very impressive, not snobbish, like I thought it would be. There was an iced bottle of champagne and snacks in the room. Our butler explained all the technical things, the tv, music, a/c and that if we needed anything to dial 9. Of all the resorts I have stayed in-this is the best. If you travel much, you know that we are spoiled with our air conditioning and many resorts air conditioning is mediocre. Well not at St Regis! It actually got TOO cold at night but we did not want to get up to change the setting. We sure appreciated it when we walked into a cool room after being out and about. Bicycles are available for guests to use or you just dial 9 for a butler to pick you up to go to the restaurant. This is a perfect place for honeymooners or that special occasion vacation.
After we took some photos of the room and the deck we went for a swim. The water was a perfect temperature, what an experience.,words cannot describe the feeling of being in Bora Bora!
There is a Robert Wan Pearl store near the lobby, with curtains of black pearls! Across from that is a small boutique with toiletries and souvenirs. St Regis logo baseball caps were $75USD! Disposable underwater cameras were reasonably priced at $20USD. There is a wedding shop on site with dresses for sale or you can rent traditional Tahitian wedding attire.
We had dinner at the TePahu beachfront restaurant. The setting is very romantic.
The food and drinks were great. The breakfast buffet is served here also and they had it all.
Meats, cheeses, breads, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, rice, miso, fruits, yogurt, juices.
The beach and the pool areas were immaculate. There are hammocks on the beach and I saw one that was actually suspended overwater. The Miri Miri spa faces Mt Otemanu and the lagoonarium. There are 5 treatment rooms as well as saunas, steamrooms and whirlpools. You may already know that this is featured in a Couples Retreat scene.
I loved this resort and will recommend it to all honeymooners-even those who don’t think they would fit in with butlers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora