“The love of my life...”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
West Covina, California
“The love of my life...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I rarely love a hotel...being a travel agent, I'm jaded on my expectations.. :)

St Regis exceeded my expectations! Service from arrival to departure was excellent...My butler was awesome, he explained what to expect upon arrival, and how to contact him for transfers...Talked about adult areas and where to go for kayaking/water activities...And there provide snorkeling gear on your deck.

And their Jean Georges (over water) restaurant...try their raspberry cheesecake - divine inspiration.

Room Tip: Oasis pool - adults only..and very tranquil. Or just sit on your balcony and watch the clouds and s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank daisykngdm
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Ia Orana daisykngdm !

Mauru'uru for taking your time reviewing about our Property !
We are delighted to read that we managed to meet and even exceed your expectations !
Of course, this is only possible thanks to the wonderful associates working towards providing the best experiences as can be. We will definitely make sure they are aware of your feedback !

Being a travel agent, I would be pleased to touch base with you should you wish to learn more about the property on a more professional plan. Please do not hesitate to email us at sales@stregisborabora.com.

Wishing you a wonderful time back in California,

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I am not going to over do this review because there are just so many below that are the same as what mine will be. We went to the St Regis in October 2013 for 7 nights for our honeymoon. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience, when I mean a once in a lifetime experience we just returned from Los Cabos Mexico and gave it a 1 out 10 compared to the St Regis Bora Bora and it was still an amazing trip.

Where to begin? As an ambassador SPG with over 100+ nights I was hoping for some special treatment... boy did I get more then I bargained for. The butler that was assigned to us was Masa, a young Japanese man who understand service better then anyone I have ever met in my life. The boat ride and greeting on the docs was nothing short of out of a movie. We had booked a standard overwater bungalow and were upgraded to room 221 I believe. It was a 2bed 2bath overwater villa at the edge of the complex facing the mountain with a private plunge pool. I thought I had hit the jackpot and I certainly had. Not only did we get this insane upgrade to a 3500 square foot room but we also got a free couples massage valued at over $400 usd and ofcourse the complementary champayne and snacks on arrival. Now thats ambassador level service!

What else do you want to know about... I will keep it short. The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had in my life, the restaurants on property are all out of this world. The lagoon restaurant is a must! Watch the sharks whilst you eat. Have the crusted tuna for appetizer, one of the best I have had in my life.

Make sure you visit the lagoonarium during feeding and enjoy many snorkles, YOU MUST do the shark and stingray tour as well as visit the aquarium in the ocean for snorkelling.

The resort itself is picturesque... everything is maintained perfectly and the staff are beyond belief. Instead of a normal resort where you are sold sunscreen or pushed to order lunch, you are provided towels every time they notice yours are used, they have all the different sunscreen you could want, they provide fresh fruit throughout the day and are just there to tend your every need.

Truly once in a lifetime and I pray we will be able to manage to go back. Be aware that its not a cheap holiday, the food and activities are expensive... but it should also be a once in a life type mentality.

A true and heartfelt thanks to the staff at the St Regis Bora Bora for making our trip one we will never forget in regards to all aspects we could of dreamed of.

Room Tip: I recommend selecting mountain view rooms, so tranquil and peaceful. You can always walk over to the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AvSteR100
Dear AvSteR100, Ia Orana !

We would like to extend our most sincere Mauru'uru for sharing such a nice feedback about our Resort and our dear associates !
We are all moved by the passion of servicing, and the Polynesian art of Welcoming is internationally known. We are really happy to read that you felt both these aspects of our daily attentions during your recent stay with us.
As a Starwood Ambassador, you have been supporting our brand, chain, and standards in your every stays away from home. We are extremely grateful for your kind loyalty - Thank you !
Be certain that we also hope for your return, and to have again the opportunity to take care of you !

The St. regis Bora Bora Resort
Dubai
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow what an amazing hotel. I've also stayed at Intercontinental in Bora Bora and this by far is the best hotel I have ever stayed in let alone Bora Bora.
Our butler was Hiroko, she was fantastic. One thing we were grateful for was to have her as she is Japanese and very quiet and reserved and would help us with whatever we wanted. She helped us surprise our parents with a Canoe breakfast with Santa Clause on Christmas Day.
The staff surprised me with birthday celebrations and every day was a beautiful touch in our rooms. One thing i would recommend is there should be more 'casual' dining options.
The dining is amazing and 7 stars however 7 nights of eating gourmet french and international fare it could be worth offering some more lighter options of an evening (only pool bar as this offering).
Lucky for us we were there over Christmas and had live singer from The Voice performing every night. If you visit on a normal month there is no live music or entertainment - as a family this would be nice to have for something to do in the evenings.
This is a hotel and holiday i will never forget.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heidiaus
Dear heidiaus, Ia Orana !

Thank you very much for posting such a nice review, and more importantly, to take time sharing your experience with our trackers and followers.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your Christmas Vacation and we will make sure to thank Hiroko for providing you a service you feel the need to review about ! Hiroko is a wonderful young lady.Of course, we will make sure to thank Santa too for delivering your parents breakfast on the Canoe !
We are quite surprised that you found we were missing casual food options on property as we have recently opened (September) our italian Farniente Ristorante outlet for this very purpose ! Both Aparima Bar and Farniente serve snacking and/or homestyle cuisine as we understand that fine dining experiences for the entire stay can be slightly too much. We are sorry that the italian didn't meet your expectations on that aspect, but perhaps the Chef should be flattered !
Also, we usually have music entertainment every Tuesday at Lagoon Restaurant with the talent Herenui during the regular months of the year.

Again, we would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort and extend our very best wishes for the 11 remaingin months of 2014 !

Redlands
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I planned my 10 year anniversary to stay are the St Regis. I am so thankful for Pacific for Less. They made the trip very easy. I cannot say thank you enough to all the staff at the St Regis. My wife and I had the most amazing trip. The rooms are just amazing, the grounds are beautiful, and pictures just don't do it justice. We and room 109 facing the island, and it was perfect. Would I ever want to not face the mountain? No. Save the extra money to stay on that side. The interesting part, is that those bungalows are shielded from the wind, so the waters underneath never where choppy. I am no food critic but everything was delicious to me. Breakfast was great to have included! Most people knowing your name by your third day. Smiles all around. In paradise with my love, what else could be better? You are forced to relax here. We booked the "Love Boat" excursion through Pacific for Less....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE- if you take anything away from this- you HAVE to book this. They take you around the whole island with many stops for pictures. Having those photos (taken from the captain) are worth their weight in gold. There is no other way to get those pictures otherwise. We did it the second day we were there and it was one of the best decisions we made. We got to see all the different colors of blues Bora Bora has to offer and we hit a couple of snorkeling spots as well. St. Regis will be seeing us again, but next time with the kids!

Ia Orana Tim h !

Mauru'uru for such wonderful review !
We are delighted to read that your 10th Anniversary was a successful celebration ! We understand how important sharing love and showing love is. To us, it is of the utmost importance to make sure our guests have all the possibilities to express it, and in their very own way.
Of course, we love to see the love and lovers sharing valuable time together, but we also love kids so much ! We will be extremely happy to welcome the yougest members of the family and are already waiting for your return to get to meet the children !

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Loved the St Regis but cripes it was pricey. We knew it would be expensive but didn't expect to spend 50 USD on a pizza (the New Years Eve party was 800 USD pp excluding drinks!).
We had a lovely butler called Sebastien who looked after my husband when he was ill, and the staff were all very welcoming.

Some of the rooms and resort areas looked a little tired and the blinds in our room were covered in dust when I opened them. The overwater bungalow 327 was lovely and the bed was super comfy.

We were presented with a badly chipped tea pot for breakfast which was always only half filled with tea for 2 of us. The fruit was disappointing at breakfast with whole apples, pears etc and no exotic ready cut fruit salad or prunes, figs etc.

We got our bucket of ice from room service 3 hours late and our dirty glasses were left outside our front door for several days. Other than a few niggles it was a great honeymoon.

3 Thank janemeans
Dear dungagal, Ia Orana

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time sharing your recent experience with us ! It is thanks to such customer behavior that we are able to improve our level of services. Speaking about which, we would like to thank you even more for letting us know about the inconveniences you have met during your stay in our Resort.
We will definitely use your review to control our standards (as it is the case anytime we receive feedback on the areas our clients would like us to improve). First, we will make sure to remind all our housekeeping associates about the importance of details. We will also go under the same process with our breakfast team.
Unfortunately, as much as we would like to improve, being a Resort on an island can be quite challenging some times to times. We will make sure to order bigger stocks of fresh fruits over the Christmas season so that our dear guests can still enjoy the freshest delicacies Polynesian earth can offer!
Of course, I remain at your disposal should you need to discuss further on your experience : sales@stregisborabora.com

Sending you our very best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is our second time in Bora Bora and second to the St. Regis. This time we booked through Custom Tahiti who managed everything perfectly for us (thank you, Jackie! We loved the book, pareo, and bag!). A word on travel agencies - I did shop around this time, because I was unable to find someone to get us all the amenities we had wanted. There are people who advise all travel agents get the same rates and packages from the resorts- this was absolutely not true in our experience.

On to the resort - we were a little wary since some of our return trips to resorts were disappointing. We did not experience that at all at the St. Regis. Konstantin, our butler, was a great asset to the property; he was very knowledgeable about our preferences and made sure everything was up to par. The villas have been updated and we were happy to see the interior refreshed. I finally used the huge soaking tub and was happy to find that it actually got hot water, unlike the tepid warmth from other resorts we have gone to. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were well taken care of. I dropped some lotion on the bedspread but noted after turndown it was replaced immediately. The women who cleaned were excellent and very efficient.

Food was good, many people tire of the buffet but I have no idea why. There is a huge variety of food, fruit, and you may also order eggs, crepes, waffles, etc. You can order smoothies as well, and on some days they had an area to make your own bloody marys or mimosas. Most of the resort food is similar, we did not go to Te Pahu this time around but had Aparima and room service. We did go to Lagoon, and it was very good. I did not think it was as high quality as the fine dining we have in Chicago, but considering it is in the middle of the South Pacific it did not disappoint. Drinks are very expensive, it is best to buy alcohol from duty free or ferry to Vaitape.

The resort grounds were impeccably maintained. The Oasis Pool could use some updating and TLC, but was enjoyable and hardly ever busy. The large pool was great. The lagoon even better, though I'd caution people to watch where they dive. Often we saw eagle rays pass immediately below our deck and once even saw a black tip reef shark (room 223). This usually was either in the early morning or at dusk, otherwise we saw nothing more than fish.

As returning guests, it was nice to experience gratitude and gestures from the resort and its staff. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a mountain view villa, as well as a lovely anniversary cake and cheese and crackers snack. A massage was also included in our package which we both enjoyed. We spent a great deal of time at the lagoonarium and met with the biologist who maintains it as well as the shark nursery. Other activities arranged through Custom Tahiti were a sunset tour with Damien from Bora Bora Photo Lagoon and Rai from Lagoon Services, both tours I cannot recommend highly enough.

We felt this was even better than our honeymoon experience and look forward to returning again to the St. Regis.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views. Don't neglect ocean front, beach villas, lagoon view or mountai...
5 Thank islandhunterraar
Ia Orana islandhunterraar !

Thank you very much for taking your time reviewing your recent experience at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort !
It has been a real pleasure to welcome you again this year and we are extremely happy that you liked this second experience even more that the first one !
We will make sure to congratulate Konstantin, based on your kind words - He is a wonderful associate indeed.
We hope to welcome you again soon so that we can pamper you even more !

Kindest Regards

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days while island hopping around French Polynesia. Everything about this resort exceeded our expectations. We arrived several hours before check in time…..and we knew that our room probably wouldn't be ready. So, no big deal. When we arrived, they put us up in a 1 bedroom beach villa with a pool…and a beautiful view of the ocean…..until our overwater bungalow was ready. That was completely unexpected…and incredibly relaxing. A couple hours later an employee came to pick us up and take us to our room. As an apology for our wait, they upgraded us to a royal 2 bedroom overwater bungalow with a pool. So incredibly kind…not to mention a lovely and huge bungalow. Our entire stay was wonderful. The staff was phenomenal, the food and drinks were delicious……and the resort is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad that we stayed at the St. Regis and we will definitely stay there when we visit Bora Bora again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reneeW30
StRegisBoraBora, Sales Coordinator at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear reneeW30, Ia Orana !

Thank you very much for writing such nice comment ! We are very happy that you enjoyed staying with us ; it was a pleasure to welcome you and a greater pleasure to read that we may have another opportunity to take care of you in the future !
We hope you had a nice journey back to Delaware and send you some Polynesian warmth.

Best Regards