What an upstanding treat this resort is! We stayed for eight nights and would have been happy with eighty. From the moment we were greater by Resort staff with leis at the airport to the moment they dropped us back to the same spot we were treated as well as any couple could hope for anywhere in the world. The Resort itself is in prime position on the lagoon, ensuring great views and a multitude of fish under your over the water villa. The Villas are superb, with a spacious bedroom, huge bathroom and separate lounge, as well as a private sun deck and a ladder into e lagoon so you can swim directly off the deck. They are serviced twice daily by professional, friendly staff.
Perhaps the best touch is the Butler who is assigned to you. Ours was Marania, who couldn't have been more helpful. Everything we needed was at her fingertips and delivered with a smile. She seemed to have a sixth sense, turning up just when we were thinking of calling! If there is a better hotel staff member anywhere we would love to meet that person!
The rest of the staff throughout the resort, from concierge who arranged our great day trips (swimming with sharks, rays and in a coral garden; jet skiing) from a large menu of activities (and there's plenty of free stuff also, from snorkelling in the private lagoonarium to kayaking); to the ever attentive restaurant staff in the the four restaurants; were just amazing. The right balance of service and friendliness, all with a certain Tahitian charm.
We found the food to be excellent, especially considering the remote location of Bora Bora and the disappointing food that is often served in the Pacific. Don't miss the huge breakfast buffet, although you can have room service breakfast in your villa or even in oer locations throughout the resort (just ask).
This is a definitely a couples resort, with lots of honeymooners evident. Bt the resort is so huge (42 acres) that you can be virtually on your own all ay and night long. Take advantage of the golf cart pick up service or take a casual walk through the immaculate gardens. The resort has a private beach also.
We didn't go into the main island but those who did were not impressed.
In summary, this ranks as the best resort we have visited (and we have travelled most of the world). The mix of luxury, great staff who want to make your holiday special, and the magical location cannot be beaten.
Note: I am partially confined to a wheelchair, but the staff took this in their stride. Not once was I unable to attend something or get somewhere, including on off resort trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora