The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
$981
$930
  • Beachfront
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
$773
$449
$789
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$401
$361
  • Beachfront
Blue Heaven Island lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$164
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
$1,572
Hotels.com
2,279 results
All reviewsbutler servicete pahuoasis poolsushithe miri miri spapersonal butlerfar nienteaparima barcouples retreatgolf cartpremier overwater villaour honeymoonfishmain islandjean georgesfour seasonsswim up bar
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We first were in Moorea for 5 nights, where we had our wedding ceremony. Moorea was amazing, yet we saved the best for last with the last 5 nights going to St. Regis Bora Bora!! We had one of the last bungalows on our Bungalow Trail. Amazing!! Service Amazing!!! Everything about the stay was amazing!!! We want to go back!! We came back to our Tahitian Inspired Party for all of our friends and family in the US, and the drink we imitated was the April Drink of the month,Te Natura from St. Regis Bora Bora. Was a hit as our specialty cocktail for our party.

It really is true...once you go St. Regis...you don't ever want to go back!!

Room Tip: Save your money and book here for your dream vacation!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went back and forth FOREVER about whether to stay at the St. Regis or Four Seasons and were very pleased with our choice. The St. Regis property is absolutely beautiful. My husband kept saying that it looked straight out of a movie set and I couldn't stop taking pictures of how beautiful it was. We ate at the Italian restaurant, the sushi restaurant and Lagoon and the food was fantastic at every single one. We were very pleased with the breakfast every day as well. Cooked to order eggs or waffles, and a wide variety of other breakfast items such as bacon/eggs, salmon, breakfast breads, cereals, fruits, cheeses, juices. There was plenty to choose from every day. We also had lunch almost every day by the pool. We were very pleased by the food overall at the resort.
We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and renewed our vows at the St. Regis. Karine assisted us with planning our renewal ceremony and she was amazing! She was extremely diligent and constantly checked in with me before our arrival. She was also always available once we arrived and there throughout the day of the ceremony. I was extremely impressed with her attentiveness and level of service. It was even more impressive considering that it was just me and my husband there for the ceremony. She arranged to have my hair/makeup done and we had pictures taken by Wim and everything turned out wonderfully.
We used the fitness center a few times and it certainly had enough to get in a decent workout. We went to snorkel at the Lagoonarium when they were doing a fish feeding and got some great underwater pictures. Other than the first day, when we arrived there late, we had no real issues finding bikes. Some of them are a little worn down, but you can certainly still ride them. The first day we had some issues with the toilet flushing, but they were addressed pretty quickly after we called. On our last day, we had a late flight and the hotel gave us a late check-out at 4 p.m. for no charge.
We booked our trip with Pacific For Less and received a number of extras such as a couples massage, champagne and sweet treat. Pacitic for Less also provided a free shark and sting ray feeding tour and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Definitely bring an underwater camera for that one! We also went to Villa Mahana and ate at the VIP table, which was arranged at Pacific for Less. It's a pretty pricey meal ($450 which included the alcohol pairing), but it was delicious. Definitely spray on the bug spray before you go there though.
All in all, we couldn't be more pleased that we picked the St. Regis.

2  Thank Minnie013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let me say that this is one of the nicest resorts in which we have stayed. The grounds, the staff, and the views are simply amazing. It is worth the price of admission, and worthy of a special occasion as we were celebrating my wife’s birthday. It has been her dream to go to Bora Bora for the past 9 years.

We arranged our trip entirely through Pacific For Less with Jennifer, one of their senior travel agents. She was responsive, professional, and clearly communicated the terms of the trip upfront so there were no surprises. Thanks PFL!

LOCATION

In Bora Bora, location is everything, and the St. Regis is on the side of the island that you want to be on. It is on the side with arguably the best view of Mt. Otemanu. It is on a motu just south and east of the airport and off of the main island of Bora Bora – which is exactly what you are looking for! Stick to the St. Regis resort and it’s 40+ acres – you will not be disappointed as long as you end your trip to French Polynesia here!

AMENITIES

Where do I begin? Tennis courts. Full exercise facility. World class spa. Excellent snorkeling. Full service beach, including Hobie cats, stand-up and paddle, kayak (all complimentary), and jetski (extra cost). Need to buy pearls? There is a Robert Wan store on site (we bought some pearls for my wifes birthday!) Hungry? Plenty of restaurants including sushi, Italian (just opened, Sept 2013), breakfast bar, and full service beach bar (the Bora Bora pizza is perfect for a couple to split!). The lagoon restaurant was the perfect place for world-class food with amazing sunsets – we also had cocktails there several nights before dinner! You will not feel a need to leave the resort, but if you do…

SHUTTLE / TRANSPORTATION

Of course the St. Regis will greet you at the airport, grab your bags, take you to/from airport, as well as provide daily taxi service (complimentary) to the main island of Bora Bora. However, I’d recommend sticking around the resort as the service and food are excellent. We ate off property one night, for my wife’s birthday), and it was a disappointing experience (we wished we had stayed at the St. Regis and eaten at the lagoon restaurant complete with live music by a local artist!)

ACCOMODATIONS

This is where you really cannot go wrong – they know how to build the ultimate overwater bungalow. These are huge suites with separate bedrooms and enormous bathrooms that will rival your first, post-university apartment. We were initially put in room 210, which does face the mountain, however, it does not face THE Mt. Otemanu; so, we were moved to 226 which has a complete view of the famed Mt. Otemanu (thanks to Nina, front desk manager for making that happen!) We considered the Premier Overwater bungalow with the Jacuzzi outside; however, given the outstanding conditions of the lagoon, who wants to sit in a Jacuzzi? Trust me – you will want to jump off your villa deck at every opportunity (even if you are fully clothed! My wife did this almost every day! ) to enjoy the experience of being here. Accomodations are hard to beat.

STAFF

Where do I begin? The St. Regis Bora Bora really raised the bar in terms of customer service. We were addressed consistently as Mr. and Mrs. At every meeting, our butler, Konstantin, went over and above to make sure our stay was fantastic. For example, when our dinner table one evening was initially not on the beach as requested (but rectified in 10 minutes to an on-beach dining experience), he made sure we were taken care of at the following evening’s cocktail hour. His intuition was consistent and persistent throughout our stay – and he even called on his day off to make sure things were going smoothly (and to wish my wife a happy birthday!!). Our hostess, Thanh Min, always greeted with a smile. She provided the same level of service to every other vacationing/honeymooning couple. In addition, she offered several times to take our pictures with our camera! Food & Beverage Mgr, Vincent, also greeted us at every opportunity & picked up on important occasions with a handwritten “happy birthday” note along with celebratory champagne & cake in our bungalow after dinner. This was a nice surprise & made my wife smile – his thoughtfulness made up for a lackluster dinner experience on the main island of Bora Bora.

We’ve traveled all over the world – after all of the trips, it comes down to the staff at the hotel that really makes the difference. Numerous other St. Regis staff members went all out to make sure we were happy and had what we needed. After an 8 hour flight from LAX and 50 minute transfer to Bora Bora, you will want nothing but the best.

Maruuru to Nina, Konstantin, Vincent, and Thanh Mi for making our St. Regis stay the trip of a lifetime!

Until next time…

Jonathan & Marwa

Room Tip: Go for something in the 224-228 range for the best view of Otemanu!
8  Thank JBizzle76
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We just returned from our wedding and honeymoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora and it exceeded all expectations. We decided to elope and chose one of the most romantic places on earth to have the ceremony. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the resort wedding planner Karine was. From the very beginning she was prompt in her emails, extremely flexible with plans, and provided me with great suggestions for our entire stay. She arranged my hair/makeup, photography, videography, and was on hand THE ENTIRE DAY of my wedding to help me with any of every request. We had a legal wedding in the morning at the town hall (all coordinated by Karine) and then a regular ceremony in the afternoon on the beach. Since I was there without family she helped me in and out of my dress and also took care of small details like getting all my things back to my room as my new husband and I went directly from photos to a sunset cruise. If you get married at the St. Regis I highly recommend the sunset cruise and dinner as your wedding dinner. This was an alternative option to us because all the private dining was booked. This should be the only option as it was the most romantic way to end our wedding ceremony. Didi picked us up (in full Tahitian attire) in his outrigger immediately after we finished taking photos. We sat right up front in the boat and sipped on Bora Bora Punch while cruising around the lagoon as the sun was setting behind the mountain. It was amazing and only topped by our dinner. We arrived at a private motu and were shown to our table. The water was lit next to the table so we could watch the fish while we ate. The dinner included lobster, fish, chicken, and delicious vegetables. It was one of the best meals we had on the island...the lemon cheesecake was insanely good! At the conclusion of our dinner and before we took the boat back to our resort, we were entertained by Didi as he performed a Tahitian fire dance. It was a great way to end our wedding day! Thank you Karine for this amazing suggestion!

As for the resort in general - it is absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time riding our bikes to get from place to place on the property (or getting picked up by golf cart when we were lazy). Snorkeling in the lagoonarium was amazing as it was filled with different kinds of fish and coral. We definitely recommend doing a half day hike on the main island...it was a great activity and we had amazing views at the top of one of the small peaks. The restaurants at the resort were also top-notch. Breakfast was included for us and it was very tasty! The waffles, french toast, and crepes were definitely the highlight for me in the morning. Lagoon was amazing and reserving a table outside on the terrace to watch sunset is a must. We can't wait to return for our anniversary!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the mountain....room 225 was a great choice!
8  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We did most things at the resort...I've rated restaurants separately (needless to say, they got 5 stars). Service was top notch. Overwater villa with view of Bora Bora unbelievable. Local beach things (stand up paddle boarding, hobie cat 16 sailing, kayaking all great. The gym was clean and had great equipment. Spa/massage were great. Tennis court was artificial grass with sand....a way nice surface that I'd never experienced...slow but with true bounces. The resort has nice rackets (Babolat and Wilson)...if you plan on playing, bring a can of balls...the ones there are kind of sad. The lagoonarium was fun and a nice warm up to snorkel in the real lagoon. We did hire outside guides for snorkeling and jet skiing---Moana tours---they were great (5 star) and we saved a few bucks over the St. Regis option.

Room Tip: This is the BIG TIP!.... use Pacific For Less tours! They got us a bunch of upgrages and were very well priced (way less than Costco travel). The ladies there were all about communication. I'd use them again in a minute.
2  Thank spikedr