“St. Regis Bora Bora - Wonderful!”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Sugar Land, Texas
“St. Regis Bora Bora - Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I traveled to the St. Regis in Bora Bora last month for our 25th anniversary. It was spectacular! The resort, bungalows, and service are fantastic. We had never been to French Polynesia before, and we would love to be able return again in the future. It is a wonderful place to get away from the daily routine and work.

The water is unbelievable as the lagoon features every shade of blue and light green. The shark and ray feeding excursions was the most memorable activity we did. I didn't expect my wife to get into the water with the sharks in the lagoon but she did. Swimming with them in the lagoon and ocean was something I will never forget. The jet ski tour of the lagoon arranged thru the concierge was also a lot of fun!

I've never seen so many stars at night like there. Every night, we saw meteors in the sky from our private deck.

The bungalows are outstanding, and it is very relaxing to walk the grounds at the resort. The beach on the lagoon is very relaxing too with the beach service personnel bringing you fruit and water constantly. The breakfast buffet is wonderful.

If I could change one thing about the St Regis, I wish they offered more equipment in the fitness room as there are no treadmills or elliptical machines.

Also, allow me to tell you why I was so happy we chose to book this trip with Pacific for Less. While I travel a lot internationally, I appreciated the help they offered during the trip. They also helped me because Air Tahiti delayed my LA to Papeete flight by 15 hours from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. We intentionally flew to LA a day early to spend the two days there before traveling to Tahiti, and Pacific for Less was able to get us on the Friday afternoon flight 7 hours earlier with about 4 hours of notice. Otherwise, we would have lost one of our five nights at the St Regis in Bora Bora due to Air Tahiti.

Initially, I was not sure about using an agent with whom I had never met, but I was in Maui in July, and Claudia met me in person there to tell me more about the trip. I was very happy with the experience of using them as my agent. They were also able to provide me with some of the incentives that while advertised on SPG and the St Regis site in general, they were not publicly available in the month that I traveled.

I don't normally spend the kind of money on a trip to go to a luxury resort or visit a place like Bora Bora, but I can tell you it was definitely worth it for our anniversary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Spectacular! Amazing! Paradise on earth!! Service was outstanding! SO beautiful and cannot wait to return. Went during "Winter" season, a bit windy but still warm during the day and needed a light sweater in the evening. Take the Jet Ski tour around the island. Worth every French Polynesian franc!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chinesekitty
Beijing, China
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It couldn't be a better resort for honeymoon. It provides you all the best food, service, amenities, privacy and convenience to all that you can possibly think of during honeymoon. It is indeed expensive but hey, it's for honeymoon. Ultimate experience is what you are after.

Room Tip: Book early!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The spectacular location is the real star. Certainly one of the most beautiful islands on earth. On top of this, the staff go a long way to pamper you. Can't say enough about it- a memorable stay is in store for you! It can be very peaceful, relaxing, as well as exciting (scuba diving with Stingrays is a lot of fun). The only negative is that you are stuck at the resort and to go to the main island there are two complementary trips by boat per week. Everyone seemed to climb on board when this opportunity arose, to simply get a change of scene. It also limits the choice of restaurants. Perhaps the resort could make this available more frequently?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BhasB
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to travel to French Polynesia for our Honeymoon. After much debate we decided to get married there as well. We had a Traditional Polynesion Ceremony at the St. Regis Bora Bora. BEYOND FABULOUS!!! From the moment the fancy St. Regis Yacht picked us up in Tahiti to the moment our butler(s) took us around the property and finally to our Premier Overwater Bungalow..... I knew we were in heaven.

The food, the scenery the people and the staff. Excellent! I felt as if I was on a movie set. Every single person who worked at St. Regis knew who we were at all times. Everything went seamless.

Oh the Bungalow!!! Bigger than my house in Chicago. I cannot wait until we return hopefully sooner than later.

Much gratitude to Karine our wedding planner. She was so kind and meticulous. I loved our ceremony. It was private, serene yet so enjoyable!!

Once in a life time experience/

Room Tip: If you can afford the upgrade, try to reserve a Premier Over water Bungalow. It is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank citygirl66
Homer, Alaska
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I surprised my husband with a teip to Bora Bora for our 30th wedding anniversary and we were speechless int he way we were greeted and escorted to our private vill by our 'butler' yes we had a butlet Constantine, he was wonderful and so kind and helpful during our 4 night stay
The food was fb and the grounds we spectacular
We had a beach dinner and the staff was amazing and the food the best ever!!!!
The water was so blue and the activities were great
We had a waitress who was raer rude and we just mentioned it to our butler and he gave us a bottle of champagne for the trouble, which was really no trouble but that was so kind of them
The spa treatment was so great and like nothing ive ever experienced here in Alaska
A trip of a lifetime

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went On My Honeymoon There. It Is The Most Beautiful Place On This Planet As Far As I'm Concerned. You Will Have Memories To Last You Forever. It Is very Serene And Peaceful. The Huts Are Out Of This World. The Rooms Are Exquisite. The Amenities Are Top Notch.

Room Tip: Try The Lagoon Restaurant.