“Ultimate Honeymooner's Paradise”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from this incredible paradise this past week (June, 2013). Where do we begin? From the moment you arrive at the airport, you are greeted by the hotel staff who will whisk you off by yacht to the resort. Once you reach the main dock, butlers are there to greet you and tend to your every need. We immediately were given a tour by golf cart of the resort and shown to our overwater bungalow. If you have ever seen the movie Couples Retreat, this is the property they filmed at. Our room was quite large and very impressive! The views are spectacular and you are provided with a bicycle to get to and from the main hotel area. We have absolutely no complaints. Every one of the staff members knew our names and greeted us regularly. The food- very pricey but the portions are very large. They have a wide selection of water activities which are all complimentary ; canoe, kayak, surf boards, ect. The beach area is very well maintained and waiters will ensure you have food and drinks throughout the day. And, no children which makes for a VERY relaxing time! Overall we were SO happy we stayed here. The St. Regis will certainly not disappoint you!

Room Tip: Try and get an overwater bungalow which faces the mountain and not the beach.
2  Thank laura s
Write a ReviewReviews (2,208)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just returned from our honeymoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora. Bora Bora could be the most beautiful place on earth. This resort and grounds are beautiful; however, I think St. Regis may be diluting its brand. The service bordered on terrible, especially considering this was supposed to be a 5-star resort. If you want to see details, I have provided a few below. Some things to note: The resort is beautiful and quiet. The grounds may be hard to beat. Food and alcohol is expensive, but that is to be expected (there is a service line on every tab but remember that tipping is not customary in Tahiti). They let us check in early and check out late - not sure if our travel agent was responsible for this, but it was REALLY appreciated. I also recommend trying to get off the resort one night for dinner. The jet ski tour was awesome and worth every penny.
We booked through Pacific or Less. I am not sure whether this was a good deal or not but it made things easy, and it seems as though travel agents are standard for Tahiti travel. They were very organized and the package aspect was nice, especially the included breakfast. I would consider this a MUST at this resort. It is awesome, and considering the price of lunch and dinner, it is nice to have breakfast included. I didn't do the price comparison to booking directly through the resort but you could price it by checking out the "Couples Retreat" special offer on the resort website. Pacific or Less does guarantee you an upgrade from a Standard room to a Superior room, which isn't really an upgrade - the rooms seem identical (see my room comments - a must read!) And again, they may have been responsible for our early check-in and late check-out. After 24 hours of travel, you really appreciate your room being ready and being able to shower right away, even if it is 8 a.m. and you aren't technically supposed to check-in until 3.
A few service mishaps: we were supposed to have a bottle of champagne waiting in our room when we checked in. When we mentioned this oversight to our personal butler who took us to our bungalow when we checked in (last time we saw her btw - their "personal butler" service is a joke), it took over an hour to get it to us. Not to be picky, but this was a downer after 24 hours of flying. In addition, we were awoken 3 nights in a row by a butler (not ours - I only saw her when we checked in) trying to give us a flower turn-down which was supposed to occur on our last night in the hotel. We had to call housekeeping and request that they come service our room one of the days, as it appears they forgot. We asked for clean glasses for our mini bar, which we didn't receive (we washed the glasses ourselves two different days). Like I mentioned, I think St. Regis may be diluting its brand. One of the hotel employees told me that St. Regis is opening 40 new hotels worldwide in the next year. I fear that the standard of pure luxury the St. Regis has been known for may turn into what is expected at a nice Westin.

Room Tip: The people who say that there is not a bad room in the place ARE CRAZY (or haven't travelled ver...
1  Thank beachgrl8675409
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently returned from a holiday in Tahiti which culminated with a 3 night stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora. The property is breathtaking and the water really is as beautiful as the photos suggest. The bungalows are large and definitely exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent and dining at the Lagoon was a gourmet experience. The private lagoonarium was a great experience and very well managed. The only aspect of our stay that did not always hit the mark was the service which was uneven. Our check in experience was quite poor with continued delays and excuses and there was some confusion with answering simple questions. Still waiting for a latte I ordered at breakfast a few weeks ago! Other staff were very attentive and accommodating, however, but it just seemed like there was an overaching issue with staff meshing as a cohesive team. That said, I would definitely consider going back and have very fond memories of my holiday.

1  Thank Angie J
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I also used Claudia with Pacific for Less. Claudia was top notch! She helped my wife with finding the best accomodations and suggested the St. Regis in Bora Bora and the Moorea Hilton in Moorea. Claudia was very helpful and told us how to get the maximum enjoyment out of our trip with were to explore, dine, hike, ATV tours, snorkeling and pick the best views of Bora Bora and Moorea! We have already told many of our friends about our trip and have also highly recommended to use Pacific for Less to plan their dream vacation in the beautiful French Polynesia. Their company want to offer the same services in Hawaii and is currently working to get contracts with select hotels in HI. Please check back with them on their website to find out more!

We are considering going back there again! Thank you Claudia and Pacific for Less for your outstanding service!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the villas with a view of the Mount Otemanu in Bora Bora.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andreboss
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend our one year wedding anniversary in the very spot where we were married one year ago...St. Regis Bora Bora. It has been one year since we were last at St. Regis Bora Bora, and just when I thought it could not get any better, it did!!!! We stayed 10 days in the Royal Overwater Two Bedroom Pool Villa, and the views of Ote Manu were amazing, and without a doubt are the best of any resort Bora Bora has to offer. The Miri Miri spa has been completely updated and we had the best couples massage we have ever encountered. We love Room Service, and the food was amazing as well as the service. Of course it was 24 hour gourmet room service!!St. Regis never skips a beat. We had the amazing breakfast buffet in the morning with fresh fruits, danishes, many juices, salmon, and that is just a few to mention the many choices. We spent two nights dining at the Lagoon at St Regis,which is a Jean Georges restaurant. Nothing like dining over glass and watching the sharks beneath you with all of the colorful fish. The wine list was second to none as well. The hot chocolate cake, snapper, steak, foie gras, and our favorite " the cracker crusted tuna." We spent our anniversary night with a private waitress "Laura" who was amazing. She decorated our deck with many flowers, candles, and made our deck the most romantic sunset dinner one could ever imagine. Once again, The hotel went above and beyond ones imagination. Our butler" Mathieu" was incredible.to be honest, after spending an afternoon at Four Seasons Bora Bora, there is no comparison. St. Regis is in a league of its own. I have to say, after seeing that Tripadvisor has St. Regis as number 3, behind the Sunset Hill Lodge, and Four Seasons, it makes me wonder how this could be possible. These 2 resorts nor any resort in Bora Bora come remotely close to the Service, Ambience, Romance, or views St. Regis has to offer. Take it from someone who has been to Bora Bora not once, but twice. St. Regis is the clear cut number one Resort in Bora Bora. No need to look any further than St Regis Bora Bora Bora. The staff welcomed as back like family. Thank each and everyone of you for making our stay so special and unforgetable for a lifetime.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the last part of our honeymoon last June and had an incredible stay. We used Pacific for Less to book the trip and worked with Claudia & Jennifer. They were amazing to work with and truly took the time to walk me through the different hotels in Bora Bora. They had the best pricing and we got the most perks using them.

The second you step foot off the plane at the airport, your mouth will be on the ground in awe. It is absolutely the most beautiful place on earth. There is a hotel representative at the airport to greet you and take you to the hotel. No taxis here, all boats. Check in starts on the boat and we were able to check in early after we refreshed ourselves with the wet towels and fresh iced drink (can't remember what it was but it was delicious). Alexi and Danny were our butlers and gave us a tour of the grounds before we went to our room. It is huge and great exercise to walk the resort end to end. They also have bikes to use to get around that we took advantage of and would ride back to our rooms with after breakfast.

The bungalows are really spacious - glass windows in the floor, separate living room, huge bathroom with closet and double sink, deck with table, lounge chairs and platform to jump directly into the water, everything you could ever possibly need.

The breakfast spread was very diverse and definitely reserve a table at Lagoon during sunset. Take (sushi restaurant) was great to change up the meals and go to the main island if you want more options. Highly, highly recommend Villa Mahana (Pacific for Less got us the VIP table) and their tasting menu or if you want more relaxed go to Bloody Mary.

St. Regis Bora Bora had the most shuttles to the main island (we spoke to a family staying at Four Seasons and they only had one) which was great to go to the stores or do excursions. We did a combo jet ski/ ATV tour which I also highly recommend because it's a great way to see the island.

My husband and I think about this trip almost daily and will absolutely be back again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mjm2012
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Bora Bora in April and made the best decision of staying at the St. Regis. It was absolutely divine. Our over water villa had a view of Mount Otemanu and I was in love! The water was absolutely beautiful and we moved our seats down to the porch to be closer to the water. The hotel is luxurious and everyone is very friendly and really want you to have a great time. We ate at all the restaurants and enjoyed everything (except for the sushi place which was unfortunately really horrible for us). As vegetarians, they were very accommodating and the food was 5 star. This was not just lettuce or veggies, it was real food! -- Basil corn ravioli, mushroom samosas, pizzas, sandwiches, salads, etc. Everything was a 4-5 course meal and it was all mouth watering. My husband recently turned vegetarian after being a carnivore for 30+ years and he was shocked at how good the food was. The breakfast buffet is phenomenal with made to order waffles, eggs, pancakes and pastries, fruit, breads, meat, cheese, rice, potatoes done several different ways, and lots of juice options. They also have made to order cafe drinks with soy milk available! You must try the banana bread with passion fruit syrup, it was so good.
We went with Pacific for Less (Claudia is amazing to work with) and had breakfast and dinner included which was a really good decision because food is expensive there. For ex. coconut water is $9! I got this daily and had a not so tasty one the second day which was promptly changed with no problems. Service really was impeccable. The rooms are large and very spacious. Depending on where you are, there may be a long walk to the main dining area and beach. We were in room 114 and the walk was 10 minutes or so. There are bikes you can get each morning but it's on a first come basis. You can leave your bikes at the villa after you're done and they get collected at 5. There is a spacious business center with 3 computers and tea/coffee/water. Internet is very expensive in the rooms. Activities wise, there is a lot of free stuff (parasailing, kayaking, etc.) which we enjoyed. We also did the jet skies which although expensive, (~$150 for a couple on 1 jet ski), was worth it. They take you around the entire island and stop mid way where you can water comes knee deep since this area used to be land 10 years ago. The whole excursion lasts about an hour and half so my husband and I got to switch multiple times. We also went to the city for pearl shopping and the hotel arranges the boat ride and bus trip. We stayed for 6 nights and had the time of our life. We can't wait to go back and will definitely recommend both Pacific for less and St. Regis Bora Bora with absolutely no hesitation. We had high standards and both exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Mount Otemanu view is definitely worth the extra money. When you call, try to get a room that is mid...
3  Thank nvv2011