“Amazing!”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm going to make this short and sweet because I forgot to review last May. This resort was amazing! Don't think twice about staying here! We stayed at FS the previous year. This resort is MUCH bigger and so much to do. FS is amazing too but small. The bikes are great at SR! The staff was amazing with my 4 year old. They opened so many coconuts for her. Everything was PERFECT! EXCEPT: The spa was awful and gross! I'm pretty sure by now they have fixed it. We love Bora Bora....no place like it!

Room Tip: Further out is not better for over water bungalows.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicoleb1978
Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just returned from a fantastic romantic getaway, now it's your turn!...one should experience this piece of heaven on earth!! It's even more possible, take advantage
of the promos... Bora Bora can be affordable, airfare $898 with Air Tahiti Nui and combine the St Regis Pay 4 stay 5 (one night free) in Deluxe Overwater, with the Couples Retreat package with free upgrade to Premier Overwater Villa , largest unit, a jacuzzi on our deck! and free breakfast. Your own buttler , sabre openning of your bottle of champagne, nice
touch! The staff were wonderful, the complimentary water shuttle to and from the village of Vaitape , was alot of fun and gives us access to dine at local restaurants. Our agent, Geri Miller at Tahiti Discount Travel, Newport Beach Calif, even discounted the room rates to coordinate with all interisland flights and transfers. She gets the job done and some, she included an amazing Jet Ski excursion, that was exciting and breathtaking. Book it and see this out of this world paradise, luxury is now affordable !, if you book at the right time and right agent.
Looking to come back next year , she recommends to visit Rangiroa.

Room Tip: take advantage of the couples retreat,free upgrade to Premier Overwater, frontview of the otemanu m...
4  Thank luciasvrckova
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Now I can appreciate why the St Regis Bora Bora has won the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Best Worldwide Resort so many times. I'm not sure how the place could be improved if you wanted to.

We stayed for five days and our experience was close to the perfect holiday. Our overwater bungalow was number 231, which is actually the further most outer at the St Regis. I first believed this could be a problem due to the distance to the restaurants, beach, etc but now I would request it again as I think it is the best room at the resort and we had a great view of the mountain and lagoon. The proximity to the other amenities wasn't a problem on the bikes or golf cart and being the outermost OWB we saw plenty of fish that would chase tiny baitfish and often make quite a noise in doing so. What enhanced our experience was the fact that the weather was fantastic the whole time there. 95% sunshine and surprisingly very little wind.

We did the stingray/shark feeding and also the jetski tour, both fabulous and both which circumnavigate the island. This allowed us to externally compare the rival resorts and from what we saw I would have been kicking myself if I had have followed through on my original plan for a neighbouring hotel. I felt an air of superiority knowing we were at the best resort in BB, and in all honesty probably the globe.

No doubt everyone will have some idea of the features of this resort. We used most of them and the reviews and pictures do not do them justice. The pools, beach and landscaping have postcard views from many angles, and the hues of blue and turquoise water cannot be acurately described. I could try and exaggerate but would fall woefully short.

What was also noticeable was the level of service. It was remarkable, although a couple of minor issues do spring to mind. We had to call three times over a couple of days to have a burnt-out hair dryer replaced. Also there was a small problem at the Lagoon restaurant which we had booked for my birthday. We had an 8.00pm seating but our table wasn't ready until 8.20. No problem although waiting at the bar we were never served as the barman was busy making time-consuming cocktails for others. Then the steak I ordered was very well done rather than the medium I requested. When you're paying $80 for a steak you want it right. Reluctantly I sent it back but then waited another half hour for its replacement. Sensing there was a problem the maitre'd advised my wife when I was in the bathroom the entire meal including drinks would be comp'd and then personally drove us back to our room. Regretfully I didn't get her name. The bartender also came over to apologise prior to us leaving. This level of response to a problem was unexpected and quite impressive but typifies the absolute top priority that guest satisfaction is given by the St Regis.

What I did focus on by reading TA reviews is the negative issues raised, which had stuck with me and I tended to look out for them. I now realise how trivial and nitpicking some of them are -
Bugs in the room: saw two ants and a dead beetle on the deck.
Rusty bikes, or too few of them: there was some rust on the chains but they worked fine, and there was also some new mountain bikes (I preferred the older cruisers). Sometimes the main bike rack had run out but wasn't too hard to find them. Its a great way to get around and this proves how popular it is.
Wind/weather: No wind and weather was perfect. Actually could have used a breeze now and then to cool off when out of the room but when surrounded by water cooling down is only a few feet away.
Food: We found it awesome. Plenty of variety.
Cost: I thought prices for things like food and drinks were reasonable for a five star joint. $10 for a beer? I paid more in a hotel in Melbourne. And as for the per night cost, this ain't a Best Western. You get exactly what you pay for, in fact I would have paid more given the experience we had.

The SRBB should be on everyone's bucket list. It is a true 5-star experience. The management have set some impeccable standards that every other hotel I have stayed at around the world would struggle to match. Do whatever you have to do to get there - mortgage the house, sell your kids, just find the money and go!

6  Thank Seti01
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked through pacific for less and had the most amazing stay. The service was superb as was the food. There was an intimate pool. I picked up the phone and asked if there was a cheese tray to go with our champagne at this private pool and the response was "but of course Madame. We are French." We stayed in May of 2012 but my review at that time didn't go through. It was just the best. We could live in the spacious OWBs.

Room Tip: We upgraded for a view and it was worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veilleuxp
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the St. Regis for 6 nights in March of 2013 for our honeymoon. We had originally been planning to stay at the IC Thalasso, but when I emailed the resort inquiring about the status of the site reservations, I was told the pool would still be closed for part of our stay. We immediately asked our travel agent to move us to either the Four Seasons or the St. Regis - so glad we ended up here!

It is an amazing place to relax and enjoy the beautiful sites. I had no qualms with the quality of the food, but would not recommend spending the extra money on the Polynesian Buffet - I thought it was just so-so, and enjoyed the food on regular evenings at Te Pahu (sp?). Lagoon was delicious and the view from the deck was amazing. We did a dinner at Bloody Mary's one evening, it was also so-so, but I am glad we did it, despite the fact that is is kind of a tourist trap.

Anyone complaining about the quality of this resort is really nitpicking. You are in the most beautiful place on earth - you are really going to complain about how the bikes look, or seeing a bug in your room in a tropical environment? I had no qualms and enjoyed my stay so much. After reading about how every other resort nickel and dimes you on things like water bottles and shuttles to the main island, it was nice to never have to worry about it at the St. Regis - free shuttles, free water by the pool, etc.

We stayed in a Superior OWB, at the end of the pontoon (301) and loved it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the St Regis for our honeymoon! In preparation for this holiday we did lots of research on what resort to stay at. If you are reading this review now and having the same dilemma as we had about choosing resorts, trust us and book St Regis! This place is truly magical!! We have been to some wonderful places and resorts around the world but St Regis Bora Bora trumps them all!
The villas are huge and amazingly furnished. We were unsure what interior we would prefer between St Regis and Four Seasons but having been to St Regis, we wish we could have their interior designer come to our house- it is amazing and the pictures online really don't do it justice!
Every single employee we came across was very friendly and helpful! We were regularly greeted by name (even by staff we hadn't met) and while walking back to our villa asked if we would like a lift by staff passing by on their buggies. The resort provided a turn down service each night which included fresh water and cookies. The guys working at the beach are awesome and give out free water and ice fruit drinks and snacks by the beach and pool. They also look after all the water sport activities- so much fun on the sailboat, jetski, paddleboards!
Grounds are amazing. We got bikes daily and rode around the resort, to the lagoonarium (beautiful spot, enough fish to have a good snorkel with), spa (had a couples treatment which was so relaxing, they have recently done the spa up and is lovely), two pools (loved the swim up pool bar, and the oasis pool was so relaxing and peaceful) and beautiful beach. We have seen complaints about the quality of the bikes on here- what do people expect when the bikes are spending 24/7 next to salty water and with regular rain periods- seriously! While they are not 'Tour De France' standard, all the bikes we came across worked well, we had no issues whatsoever, and the resort got some new bikes while we were there so I think they continually update them.
Also would highly recommend the shark and ray feeding tour and the jetski tour while you are at Bora Bora! On these tours we got to have a squiz at all the other resorts and think that St Regis has the best position. St Regis is located around a bay (whereas all other resorts face onto the open water) and the bay feels really secure and private to go swimming and do all the water sports!
We seriously had the most amazing time of our lives! It's impossible to put into words our experience- all we can suggest is to book St Regis and experience it for yourselves!

Also, I know there has been lots of mention of Pacific For Less on here- we also booked through this company and do highly recommend them. They were by far the cheapest quote we got and were quick to respond to emails and very easy to deal with.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior overwater villa- almost at the end of the pontoon- which we would highly rec...
5  Thank travelsfromdownunder
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We chose the St. Regis Bora Bora expecting top of the line service. We were surely not disappointed. We stayed in a Superior Overwater Villa that was spacious, tastefully decorated, and provided a great view of the lagoon and Mt. Otemanu. The service at the St. Regis was top notch and the personal butler that was assigned to us kept us on track with the times and places of our various dinners and excursions throughout the week. The food was excellent and we enjoyed a week of fine French cuisine and French wine. We booked the Honeymoon package with Pacific for Less and they gave us a free couples spa treatment and a romantic dinner on the beach. I highly recommend Pacific for Less as your travel agent and the St. Regis Bora Bora for your hotel stay. You will not be disappointed with either of them. If you can get a reservation at Villa Mahana's restaurant, definely go. You will love chef Damian's French cuisine. You need to make an early booking since his villa only has 8 tables. It is worth getting there but make sure you go hungry. His plates come with enough food for two people.

Room Tip: The Superior overwater villas provide a great living experience while visiting the St. Regis. If you...
4  Thank john2544