“Weddingmoon of our dreams….”

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I wont rehash what everyone already knows which is the St Regis Bora Bora has no comparison with any other resort. Its in a league of its own, the closest to heaven and a royal life that you will ever experience, and worth every single penny…..

Wedding:
Karine Vanhee coordinated our entire day from spa treatments to the ceremony and photographer, her patience and professionalism showed in every detail of the day. Dedicated to your every need and accommodating at every request you have, such as for us a totally private ceremony with just the two of us, to a vegetarian menu with no alcohol, to fresh made coconut smoothie virgin drinks served in coconuts, to a chocolate cake decorated with fresh flowers, to writing our own wedding speech and vows. We asked at the last minute to change the location to the most heavenly place I have ever seen and even this Karine did with not so much as an issue, she goes above and beyond the entire experience. The day was perfect apart from me cutting my finger of which lovely Karine had a band aid ready. Michael the GM/celebrant conducted our ceremony, just the warmest most genuine person who we will never forget, Michael just made the ceremony even more special and perfect. I recommend ditching the modern big weddings and have a private ceremony near the lagoon just you and your man…..very blessed and so special just the 2 of us!

Resort:
As all the below reports say the resort is exactly what people say magical. This place will make you feel every inch royal and special. The service is impeccable, and the personal touches from the General Manager Michael, to the pool makes you feel as those you are a queen and King.

Food:
People say the cost of food is expensive at the resort, this is not the case. If you take into account a average main meal in a city like London, LA, NY or Melbourne is around $25-30 , the prices here for are the same but they are fresh, specially shipped in foods , that are not only the best and finest but chef prepared! Not only is the ingredients fresh they are the tastiest I have had in a long time. Every care and detail is put into every dish and you can taste this in the food. You are going to one the most remote places and exclusive in the world moaning about the price of the food will spoil your trip and the portions are so worth the money you will feel it was worth every penny! You go to Bora Bora once maybe twice in your life spend the money on your meals you work hard you deserve to live like a king for the few days you are there!!!

My favourites:
The small touches like when you arrive chocolates and champagne as a gift, and a cake made specially for us having our wedding there, to after dinner giving you home made macaroons and truffles, to giving you beautiful Tahitian biscuits on turn down. Free bicycles which are so easy to ride, to free shark feeding and fish feeding, to free shuttle boat and bus into the main town and to Bloody Marys! A greeting from every staff member you ever see cross your path and smiles from them all.....if you complain about St Regis clearly you are spoilt and have no idea what genuine care and service is from people, its not contrived like the other resorts we stay at, the staff genuinely want to be there they are treated well and this reflects back to the customers and the service and care they give!

On the morning of our wedding we needed some cucumber slices for our eyes the staff could not be faster or friendlier when they brought this all the way from the main kitchen to our room!

The first day after our wedding they arranged free coffee and tea fleshly made with our wake up call to celebrate our new commitments!

The flower leis' when you arrive and bottle water and shell necklaces when you leave to the welcome cocktail……..to the wedding gift…….

The size of the rooms and if you can pay the extra and get the Jacuzzi villa I recommend room 107 amazing views and HUGE!!!

The small things are where this already amazing hotel soars above any other hotel brand I have ever stayed. I am brand loyal now to Starwood hotels because of the amazing stays at this hotel as well as the sister hotel in Tahiti (Le Meridian)

My recommendations:
Have a picnic lunch one day in your villa and have it on your balcony so much food and just amazing!!!
The Polynesian nights are just awesome amazing food cooked to your taste.
Have a virgin colada with fresh coconut milk its out of this world!!!!!
The hotel has the most amazing tour of the manta rays where we saw 5!!! Ask them to book you on this tour with Pure reef discovery it’s the best part of the trip out of the hotel!

You really want to experience this place for your self words or others and pictures do not pain the picture when you get there you will realise why so many people choose this place over others!

5  Thank timchel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner took me to St Regis for my birthday in April 2013.
The overwater villa is really lovely, the initial service was friendly and helpful in showing us around. The water was clear but we did not see any fish around our villa or in the glass bottoms at night. It was queit and private for the five nights.
There is one very good restaurant, The Lagoon; the food and service are great as is the setting and atmosphere. The Japanese one is very average and the Polynesian is way below standard for a 5 star resort.
The daily breakfast is shameful, with a choice of 2 cereals, squashed and old, substandard chopped up fruit, some smelly salami, cheese, miso soup, dry bacon, sausages and a few other off putting things. There is a variety of juices, not fresh, and standard pots of tea and coffee, oops I forgot the basic bread and a few cakes! I have had much better breakfasts in 3 and 4 star hotels across Europe not to mention the 5 star ones in Asia and Australia.
This St Regis brings shame on the chain it belongs to with, not only the food but also the crockery and cutlery which could be purchased in $2 shops.
Another disappointment was the lagoonarium which is joke for snorkelling, so we took a 4 hour tour and had some reasonable snorkelling there.
The bicycles are offered to guests to get around the large resort, most are in bad need of maintenance or replacement! Appalling for a 5 star resort!
I have spoken to other travellers on the way back home and they were much more satisfied with the Four Seasons and Hilton, so my advice is to research very carefully. Good luck!

Room Tip: 117 was a nice, quiet room.
6  Thank Zorica_235
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The St Regis at Bora Bora was the most amazing resort experience my wife and I have ever had. This was the last stop on our honeymoon and we stayed for 4 nights. We had a few issues when we first arrived concerning our room, the a/c, and my platinum status. I expected these issues to doom our stay. Their manager, Frederick, quickly rectified every one of my concerns and went over and beyond my expectations to make sure that our honeymoon was the experience of a lifetime! I have copied the Thank You letter I sent to Frederick below. I hope it accurately conveys that if you are looking for a resort that strives to give you the highest level of service imaginable, then the St. Regis is where you need to be.

Pros:
Over water hammock, amazingly beautiful rooms, crystal clear water, great snorkeling, private lagoons, peace & quiet, relaxation, excellent staff, great food (you must eat at Jean-Georges restaurant Lagoon), whatever you want and whenever you want it!

Cons: None. But this is definitely a place where you don't want to look at the bills until after the trips is over! Look, it's the St. Regis in Bora Bora. Everything on Bora Bora for vacationers is expensive. Enjoy the experience and be prepared for our own trip of a lifetime!!!

"La Orana Frederick,

Words really can not express how magnificent the conclusion of our stay at your resort was, but I will try to convey it anyway.

Striving for perfection can be exhausting, but in the competitive world we live in, where retailers have to compete for customers, it's what is expected. The beginning of our stay at your resort was less than perfect. However, once I voiced my complaints to you there was not a single time where my wife or I felt anything but as if we were in the middle of our dream honeymoon.

I apologize for not writing this email sooner as it was something I meant to do immediately following our stay. I too am in the customer service business and I know how easy it is for customers to complain about bad service. It is rare to hear feedback concerning excellent service. And I count your prompt attention to my complaints as being among the top level of care/service I have ever received.

As soon as you corrected the issues we were having, our stay turned into the perfect honeymoon! Thank you for quickly turning around a bad experience and surpassing the expectations we had for our stay.

Since we have returned home, I have had the distinct pleasure of being able to recommend your hotel to a colleague that was considering going to Bora Bora for his honeymoon in July. He was initially not considering the St Regis. After I told him about the experience we had, he said he would definitely add the St Regis to his list of options. Another colleague heard about our trip and he said that his next vacation will be to the St Regis as well.

You asked if you would be seeing us on a future anniversary celebration. Yes, you definitely will be.

We never expected to find another resort/island that we loved as much as Turks & Caicos (where we got engaged). Your prompt attention to how we were treated during our stay, coupled with exceeding our expectations for how you could address our concerns, has lifted Bora Bora and the St Regis into the "best trip we have ever had" status.

I hope I have conveyed how happy we were during our stay because of your attention. I take great pride in how I treat my customers in my daily work. It was great to learn that others at the St Regis do as well.

Please let me know if I can send this thank you letter to your manager or to anyone else at the St Regis or SPG, on your behalf.

David"

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The first thing that strikes you about the St Regis, if you have travelled extensively and stayed in many hotels, is how professionally managed this hotel is. It is a large hotel. The grounds are extremely well maintained. The staff are not just friendly but clearly well trained and supervised. The main restaurant which is open for breakfast,lunch and dinner is in a spectacular location and very good. The Lagoon restaurant is in an even better location. The food is excellent but highly priced. Choice for breakfast and presentation of food is faultless. We thought the over water and pool beach villas were the best located and the best value. They are close to the spa and to the lagoon area which provides a fabulous snorkelling experience in amongst large numbers of exotic fish. We had paid extra for the deluxe over water bungalows so as to get us the view of the mountain on Bora Bora. We thought it was not worth it. Firstly, we were quite far away from the beach and restaurants. The water was so deep that you could not stand in it and we would not be great swimmers. Also, no matter where you go on the resort you will see the main island and its impressive outline. We did not think it really worthwhile to be paying extra for the view which at any rate was only a side view when we actually came to occupy the bungalow. The beach here is pristine as is the water. They have an excellent range of water sports. It was really one of the best hotels in the world that we have ever been at. The over water bungalows themselves are extremely spacious. The only criticism we would have is that 9pm is too early for the last shuttle boat from the mainland. We went across to the Villa Mahana and it was really an uncomfortable and rushed experience to try and finish the meal by 8.30 so that we could get back to the other side of the island for the ferry by 9.

Room Tip: Choose close to the beach and the restaurants.
3  Thank Greatelk
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ok, so we did it.. On our third trip to Tahiti we decided to go all out. Bora Bora and the St Regis.. Stayed for five days at the end of our trip. Booked through Pacific for Less. It really lived up to all the hype. The resort was absolutely beautiful.. The OWB room was huge, and very well appointed Five Start +++. . The staff was over the top nice to us.. The resort never felt crowed at all.. it was so quiet and perfectly clean. Had a little problem with the AC and they gave us a free dinner at the lagoon rest.. ($350 value).. can't beat that. if you want "it" it's available for the price. I am glad that we went, and would recommend to do it once, However, having done it, we would not go back.. Sure it's beautiful, but it's sadly overpriced and a little too quiet. We got a great deal from PFL but still i thought overpriced compared to other resorts all around Tahiti and Bora. The best way i can say it is that it is 10% nicer for 75% more money. The food was crazy expensive, like $40 for individual pizza, or $30 burger, or $80 cuban cigar. Plus it gets a little lame being so stuck on the resort's secluded motu. Yes there is a free boat, and free taxi to the shops, but then you are on their time scheduled and not much to do on main island. The best part of bora is the lagoon itself.. the snorkeling, the scuba, and swimming etc. but you can launch an excursion for all of that from any resort. There is no real coral or snorkeling at the resort itself.. Nothing to see off of your OWB but 10 feet of water. Their man-made contained lagoon is kinda cool, once, but rather sparse. I would suggest that the St Regis lease part of a motu beach with actually coral and fish and have a free ferry for half day excursions. Now that would be the bomb. Four-five days is plenty of time at this resort. If it rains be prepared to be bored on bora. As there is not much at all going on at this resort. No planed beach games, no live music, no nightlife what-so-ever. The spa was very nice, but way overpriced.. about $200 for 50 min of anything massage/facial etc. A real meal is about $100-150 pp for dinner without drinks. Pacific for less really hooked us up. They arraigned a free late check out (5 pm) and it was like having an extra day. I met two other couples on the boat back to airport that had to pay $200 each for their late check out. Thanks again Claudia. We spent a lot of our time around the beach and the pool bar- a special thanks to their staff that was very very friendly- Maureen, Steven and Dave all made our experience there more pleasant. So all and all a mixed review. Very nice place, a little too quiet, and just overpriced for their "perfection".

Room Tip: We stayed on the lagoon side. Not worth the extra money to see the mountain, as you can see it all...
6  Thank bklalaw
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We' been at St Regis for our honeymoon and it was great. The view was amazing and we haveThree excellent restaurants for our dinner. Local food or shushi, steak or salads, everything is super.
Ask for shark and sting rays feeding tour. It's worth it.
We had to ride bicycles to go for our breakfast but you can have it in your room. Our overwater villa was the best part. We really had great time!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited 3 islands on our honeymoon--Moorea, Bora Bora and Taha'a. If we could do it over again, we would have stayed in Bora Bora the entire 11 nights! There are no words to describe the hotel, the service, the staff....every detail is attended to. We were upgraded to a villa and couldn't have asked for better accommodations. Moetini was our butler and took care of us like we were family. Restaurants were great, spa was nice, but very expensive! We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a luxurious stay in paradise. Jet ski tour was great, as was the half day we spent on a private fishing/snorkeling boat tour. Restaurants were all good, but Jean-Georges was our favorite. Worth going off property to Villa Mahana one night for a romantic dinner!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Royal Villa.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple