“Great Honeymoon Location”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Great Honeymoon Location”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis for 7 nights on our honeymoon. This was the 2nd half of our trip after spending a week in Moorea. The St. Regis is a beautiful hotel in a great location. We started our week in an over-water bungalow which was great. We were soon upgraded to n over-water suite bungalow: a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom bungalow with a full size pool. This place was incredible! The views of Mt. Pahia were beautiful. I spent hours diving off our deck into the crystal clear water.
We ate in all the restaurants on the resort and were never disappointed. The daily breakfast was quite satisfying. Cocktails and snacks by the pool bar were quite pricey... I paid $25 for a Bloody Mary.... Best Bloody Mary I have ever had.
Overall is was a perfect experience that I will never forget

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Tim W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our third time in Bora Bora and our second (and last time) at the St. Regis. Why? Cockroaches in the room (we have killed 4 so far), terrible service (everything is late), and the hotel is understaffed. Despite the poor service, the hotel has time for a staff party - during Easter Break! Go figure! In any event, we were really looking forward to this family trip (7 people including 2 toddlers) and continuously look across the lagoon at the Four Season's and wish we would have made our reservations before they were sold out. No surprise to find out that the St. Regis still has rooms available. Bora Bora is such a beautiful place and the hotel premises are top end, all it needs is a new management team that knows how to run a word class resort. For the prices they charge for everything I suspect they could probably pay for a talented team. Hope the next 7 days left in our vacation are better, can't imagine they can be worse. Hard to run a 5 star hotel with a no star team. In contrast, our stay over New Year's at the Four Seasons was fantastic. Better premises than the St. Regis, plenty of activities for our kids, and world class service. Have no doubt, book at the Four Seasons! It is the best family resort in Bora Bora.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank CarlosRPP
North Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent 6 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora after first staying in Moorea at the Hilton Moorea. We thought it was wonderful & beautiful (which it was), but arriving in Bora Bora was like a dream. The water was indescribable and the view of Mt Otemanu breathtaking. It was great to check into St. Regis while on their boat as you are whisked to the resort. Greeted by staff with a sweet smelling cool washcloth & iced tea, you begin to see how your stay will be. Our villa was not quite ready, so we enjoyed lunch at the restaurant with a view that looks like a Corona commercial. As soon as we finished our lunch, we were told our bungalow was ready & were taken on a golf cart with a tour of the resort & to #105 - our panaramic overwater bungalow with jacuzzi. Having a wonderful view of Mt Otemanu was very important to us, so I studied the resort map & knew we couldn't go wrong with one of these & boy - was I right! We were here to celebrate our 25th anniversary & this OWB was bigger than our first house. It was lovely and the large deck with sitting area, loungers & jacuzzi was incredible.

We booked our trip with Custom Tahiti Travel & they did not disappoint! Throughout our trip, all transfers, excursions, reservations, etc., were perfect. The free breakfast was great as well as our complimentary couples massage & sunset dinner at Jean -Georges Lagoon Restaurant.
Richard was professional & answered my many, many questions promptly. It was a great experience to work with this agency.

The level of service was beyond reproach. We called the butler service (just a button on your phone) at least twice a day for ice & one time I had been trying to call room service for lunch & was having trouble getting through. The butler, upon delivering our ice, asked if there was anything else he could do & took our lunch order for us & it was delivered in 30 minutres. Room service was a delight on our deck - always set with tablecloth & fresh flowers. If we could do anything different, would probably have done this more often.

If you don't want to spend the money for the buffet for the polynesian show (14000 xpf pp) then just go to the bar & order from their menu. We had an excursion before the show & didn't want to rush to get to dinner, so went to the bar & had drinks & dinner there & also could see the show. It is very expensive to go to French Polynesia & if you do your research up front & know what you're facing, you won't be as surprised or upset. Know what you're facing & go enjoy!

The beach & pool area were beautiful with many water toys that are complimentary as well as plentiful towels & ice water delivered on hot afternoons. Also - the boat shuttle to the main island is complimentary which is not the case at all resorts. The concierge was very helpful - we showed them all our excursion & dinner plans upon arrival & everything went off without a hitch.

There are complimentary computers in their business/lounge so it was easy to pop in once in a while to check email & we found we didn't need wifi. It was nice to be a little disconnected.

We enjoyed seeing Couples Retreat often - laughing & pointing out the places we knew. It was fun to have that on tv 24/7.

This resort is beyond belief & the nicest place we've ever stayed. My husband wants to go again & will only stay at the St. Regis! He misses the comfortable bed!

1 Thank carolinagirl84
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After seeing many reviews here, we booked our honeymoon to Moorea and Bora Bora through Pacific for Less. Our package included a dinner on the beach, couples massage, bottle of champagne, and one rose petal turndown service.

Based on the review, rankings, etc. we expected great things - we were not let down. It was as gorgeous and first class as we had hoped. It's how I pictured Bora Bora. After a lei flower greeting at the airport, you board the biggest boat at the dock (I don't think there is a road to the airport, everyone leaves via boat). On the way they provided waters and had us fill out the registration forms so we didn't have to check in at the hotel's front desk. They greeted us at the St. Regis pier with cold drinks and wash cloths then a butler took us with another couple for a golf cart tour around the resort. It is a large resort, so they offer golf cart rides anytime you like (whenever we called they arrived within 5 minutes or less - we were there offseason so it could take longer if they're busy). We preferred using bikes to get around the resort, but they take them in at night for safety, so we usually got them after walking to breakfast. We didn't mind the long walks as long as it wasn't raining!

Our superior overwater villa was amazing (there are better views for higher prices, but we didn't care). The bathroom was gigantic including a separate closet with the toilet, a large tiled shower area next to a large sunken bathtub. There were double sinks with a window in between so you could look out to the bedroom and view of the water. There was also a closet area for our clothes. We chuckled when the butler offered to unpack for us - we're not looking for that much service, but it was nice to know they were happy to help with just about anything. They let us know that the St. Regis reusable canvas bag in the bathroom was ours to take - that was a nice touch. The bedroom and living room were great and I loved the Bose speaker system througout the suite.

The outside space was also awesome - a higher level deck connecting the bedroom and living room with a thatch roof covered table and chairs, two lounge chairs, then steps down to a lower deck for swimming including an outdoor shower. There weren't as many fish in the water as we saw in Moorea but it was pretty deep and a beautiful color. It rained for half of our stay (rainy season), so we didn't swim as much as we expected.

Our private beach dinner was very nice and we were grateful that was part of our package to defray some cost while we were there. Our included couples massage was also very nice although they setup temporary spa space in some beach villas while they were renovating the spa area. They did our rose petal turndown service (included in our packge) two nights before expected it, but we didn't care. We enjoyed room service dinner - they took care to setup table linens and it would probably be romantic on the deck outside if the weather had been better while we were there.

Breakfast was great - nice selection at the buffet and they'd offer to make fresh eggs in the style you prefer. We loved the french toast drizzled with chocolate sauce - try it! Dinner at the bar/lounge was easy. We ate at the Lagoon Restaurant one night and we were little uncomfortable with the overly attentive service. Maybe it was because it was slow season, but they checked in with us too often and perhaps had too many staff onhand. I know it's a strange thing to complain about, but we just wanted to get out of there. Our food was good though, and it was convenient being on the resort. We were disappointed the weather didn't allow us to sit outside and enjoy a sunset, but that was not the fault of the restaurant/resort. That would probably be well worth it!

We were happy to borrow rackets and balls to play tennis, but unfortunately it started pouring rain shortly into our time on the court so we ran to the gym and did a workout there instead. We had it to ourselves and liked the amenities there. The beach and pool areas were also great - plenty of chairs (offseason and everyone has swimming options at their rooms). The swim up bar was nice too (prepare to spend $20/drink).

We took the boat & bus to town - nice service they offer for free! We were a little disappointed in town... the resort is definitely what we pictured when we thought of Bora Bora, not the town. We would've felt like we missed out if we didn't check it out though.

We enjoyed looking for different areas of the resort on the "Couples Retreat" tv channel. The WIFI was expensive but worked great - including skype, streaming tv from home, email/web, etc.

Overall we would highly recommend the St. Regis. It is expensive, but it is top notch. When we reviewed Bora Bora hotels before our trip, it looked like you couldn't go wrong and they were all great. Well we drove by a few on the island side that might have disappointed us. This was paradise!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry B
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

St. Regis was everything we hoped it would be. Friendly people, breathtaking views, a good balance of activity and relaxation, and luxurious accommodations. We went on a half-day hike with Eric, who was great, and the net day enjoyed a 4hr snorkeling excursion with Reef Discovery--truly a memorable experience. We also attended the fish feeding at the Lagoonarium--St. regis' own fish sanctuary. Lagoon restaurant is not to be missed. Only down side: Prepare to empty your pockets. Well, two...eventually, you have to go home. Worth the long flights and the money!

2 Thank Tara F
Santa Barbara CA
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The resort is beautiful. The rooms are new and the over the water huts are terrific. The view of bora bora is fantastic...pretty much can't do better. However, you'll need to bring an extra suitcase for the money you pay on top of the huge room rates. I'm used to traveling in a high fashion but the nickel and dime attitude is pretty demoralizing. Despite the $3,000+ per night rate for my two rooms, the charge for wifi (really, are you kidding!) which is a must since data plans don't work here...I figure another $400 for the week I'm here. The food prices are a joke but I sort of expected it...I just wish it was better...food is only adequate, not up to par with st Regis or expectations. Ok, I was stunned that my daughter's ice tea was $10 but charging for waters at a place like this is pretty bush. Gym is weak...only one treadmill and its a pretty good size hotel. What really fried me was that their service was not that good...and an attitude. I hope someone from st Regis corporate is reading this as I was stunned to find that tonight, Saturday the 23rd of march (during spring break), I was unable to get a reservation at a decent time for my family to eat dinner. And the reason was not that the hotel was busy. It seems the hotel is shutting down the main restaurant to have "I kid you not" a staff party. As the CEO of a large retail company employing thousands of people who's sole job is to provide customer service, I am completely appalled by this disgraceful occurrence. If this matter was brought to my attention at our organization, I would terminate everyone involved in this incident. So, to say again, I cannot get a reservation and have to eat in my room because the hotel management and staff are having a party in the main dining room on Saturday night.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the view of bora bora...will probably cost more but worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank Imrahil5000
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We never wanted to leave this paradise. Bora Bora is beautiful and St Regis is an amazing resort with a five star dining and superb service. Our personal concierge Konstantin waited for us as the boat brought us to the resort from the airport. He spent more than an hour with us greeting us with fresh flowers, and we were enjoying our welcome cocktails while he checked us in and drove us around helping us get familiar with the resort. He made us feel so special with this personalized service, and it surely beats the usual lining up at the reception! As we just came from the Hilton (Moorea) we were really noticing a big difference with the service! At the Hilton for example at the restaurant we were looking for a fork we were nicely pointed to the direction to find it. At St Regis it felt like the waiters and the stuff reading our mind and make everything available before we look for it!
The Lagoon restaurant was really romantic, we had a nice dinner looking at the spectacular sunset and the soft music provided a great ambiance. The food was yummy, I had the lamb, my husband had the chicken and it tasted great!
Konstantin was great reminding us of our schedule (as we had every day planned by our travel agency Pacific-for-less), and reserving our menu choices and tables, and picking us up when we were running behind, taking us to the restaurant.
We had a great couple massage at the Miri Miri Spa and it was amazing, very relaxing with the soft music and local flowery scents. I felt like in heaven! Just around the spa we discovered the lagoon on the second day and it became our favorite to snorkel with the colorful tropical fishes and photograph the beautiful corals, with the guidance of the resort marine biologist.
Konstantin was great to set up my birthday he really made it the most memorable birthday ever. It was at the Te Pahu restaurant, the Polynesian night, great food, candlelight with the Polynesian Show and dance! The birthday cake and champagne waiting for me in the room, just at the right temperature on ice, and flower petals everywhere!
Plan Bora Bora to be on your bucket list, and if you are looking for the best service try St. Regis!
Thank you Konstantin and Im glad I booked this trip with Pacific-for-less!