New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Leesburg, Virginia
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed in a premium over the water bungalow (room 109). The resort is beautiful and the staff are very knowledgable and well trained. We did not leave the resort the whole week,There was no need to. The bungalows have gorgeous views, the restaurants are excellent, the service was exceptional. The bungalows had privacy . You could easily order room service for any meals or for a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer. The wine list was excellent and you could find some very good reasonable priced French red wines or spend more on an excellent bottle.

We never had a problem getting a chaise lounge at the pool or the beach. The fish and shark feeding (no charge) were nice. There was not a shortage of kayaks,paddle boards,paddle boats.

It is a very quiet resort (which we loved). There are many honeymooners but we did not feel out of place celebrating our 25th anniversary.

They did have sunscreen and aloe at the beach hut. That was nice if you we're out and about and needed more sunblock. However, the sunscreen was empty one day.

There was one small store for shopping on the property - no ATM (but you really did not need it).

One recommendation would be to bring a raft from home - you can leave it at the resort so you do not have to bring it home. It is pretty spectacular to jump off your deck and float in the ocean. They did have some floats that we were able to use but other guests told us that they usually do not have them and someone probably brought them and left them at the resort. For us, they really added to the perfect vacation.

Many reviewers talked about how far you had to walk. We are all different - but we thought everything was within a short walk. We never felt a need to use the bikes or call for a golf cart pickup, but we did see many people using both. It rained for about 10 minutes everyday- that was never a problem. We never had a problem with bugs, insects, creatures.

We debated on the St Regis or the Four Seasons - we will definitely return to the St Regis. We can hardly wait!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Lisa F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN...!!

Everything Wonderful..!! 6******
Amazing food.. Bedrooms.... Local.. Views... Spa.. Service... Absolutely amazing..!!
And I recommend something very important... Buy the all included.. Is just for the food, not for the drinks.. But you will see it's worth it..!! Is better to pay around 200€ a day for all meals included than start paying 300€ just for breakfast..!!! It's worth it every single cent...!!!

Room Tip: For a family I recommend the beach Villa..!! More space around.. And a nice beach just for you and y...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MicasConcha
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

St Regis on Bora Bora is heaven on earth! I was able to spend a lovely two weeks in this resort and have nothing but good things to say. The staff is attentive but not intrusive. Our room was always cleaned in a timely manner with plenty of fresh towels for each day. We stayed in an over the water bugalow which I highly recommend. It was so much fun to watch the rays and other beautiful fish swim below our room everyday. Make sure you get up in the morning and grab a bicycle from the activities desk near the pool. There are a lot of fun things to do and see via bike. I would definitely return to this resort.

Room Tip: Overwater one bedroom villa is the way to go! Very spacious, romantic and private.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank VBSunshine
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Thanks to the efforts of "Pacific for Less", we had an absoluetely splendid time at the St Regis in Feb 2013. I'll try not to be repetitive but without question this is a world class resort.

I was in bungalow 231 which is technically a superior. However, it was at the end of the spoke so we had a 3/4 view. From our "gazebo" we had a view of the moutain, a view of the Four Seasons and a view of the lagoon, all-in-one. It was a half mile trek back to the lobby, but call the butler and in 2 minutes a golf cart will arrive.

It's a nice touch on the beach that they bring around ice water and I really appreciated just passing out towels witout the hassle of signing for them.

I thought the 5 cabanas at the Oasis pool with the private pools were one of the niceest areas. They were relatively private and there was never more than one other cabana occupied.

While the scenery is magnificent, the hotel is beautiful and the OWB was the coolest room I've ever stayed in, I think what I will remember most about St Regis is the service. It is friendly without being intrusive, they remember your name and they never let you do something yourself if they can do it. Just incredible.

We took some snacks with us. We ate a big breakfast and skipped lunch. If we got hungry in the afternoon, we just snacked on our deck or on the beach. Beats paying $35 for a cheeseburger. We also took our own duty free liquor and bought some mixer. That had to have saved me $1000.

The AC in the room worked great. I like sleeping cold and the room was cold. My sunglasses would fog up when I went outside.

Except for going to the main island for dinner every evening, we never left the resort, but we enjoyed it thoroughly. We never felt trapped or bored. It was just a lovely time.

The big cat they use to shuttle you to the airport is the envy of every other hotel.

My only regret was I had to leave and I'm afraid I may never make it back.

Room Tip: I was in bungalow 231 which is technically a superior. However, it was at the end of the spoke so w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Slow_Pony
Calabasas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Once you have stayed ontheir over water bungalows. Everything else is PEDESTRIAN! Service is paramount, cuisine is wordly. Definitely a must on your bucketlist. The spa though is only second to the Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso for me. Prepare to spend at least €300 per person for dinner, everything goes from expensive to the ridiculously expensive. Its like Mustique or St. Barts on steroids!

Room Tip: The end of the pontoon is desirable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grace2727
Hanover, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We used Tahiti to break up the flight from USA to New Zealand. Flew coach on Air Tahiti Nui from LAX and was surprised on how nice it was. After layover in Papeete we flew to Bora Bora and started our stay at the St Regis. It was truly a delight. We had the premium over water bungalow which was spectacular. Much of the WOW of Bora Bora is provided by mother nature. But what stands out about the hotel is their effort to be friendly and helpful on any matter.

I was a little concerned about the cost of meals but found the quality excellent and costs reasonable for being on a remote 5 star resort. The morning buffet breakfast was included in the price and was a great way to start the day. We quickly found a reasonable way to do lunch in that they would split an order which was plenty. It also kept costs in line. Dinners were gourmet but not extravagant unless you like to drink a lot. Eating off site was easy as the hotel would arrange everything. They had a shuttle boat to take you to the mainland and then a car would meet you to take you to and from dinner to catch the boat back. All seamlessly done at no additional cost.

If you are looking for some shopping, Bora Bora has a small village which you again can take the hotel free shuttle to visit. The hotel can also set you up with a wide variety of tours. We did a half day snorkel trip which was great.

So all in all, the St Regis merits its 5 Star status and high Trip Adviser ranking. It is beautiful and a great place for that special honeymoon, anniversary or the once in a lifetime stay.

Finally, I want to complement Jennifer and the staff at "Pacific for Less". They arranged everything from Papeete arrival to departure. Their all inclusive package saved me significant dollars from piecing it together myself. Finally, since they are Tahiti specialists, they were able to answer all the questions and insure that your visit comes off as planned. And if a last minute glitch should occur (One did for us) they were available to help resolve the issue and stood by you after the sale. Simply, they did a great job!

Room Tip: Rooms with views out toward the mountain and mainland are best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Winsor20
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

There really are no words to describe how absolutely incredible the St Regis Bora Bora Resort is. It is hands down the most beautiful, amazing, picturesque place I have ever seen... and I am already counting down the days until I can return.

My husband and I spent 7 nights at the St Regis for our honeymoon. We visited in late August and the weather could not have been more perfect- not a day of rain nor a cloud in the sky for seven straight days! Below are our specific thoughts on the St Regis:

Accommodations: The overwater bungalows at the St Regis are out of this world. We booked our trip through American Express Travel and they set us up with one of the premium bungalows, so we had a very large bungalow with it's own private walkway. The villa itself was immaculate- not to mention HUGE! It was bigger than our 1 bedroom condo in Boston. The living room was very spacious with a beautiful sitting area and glass window looking down into the ocean below you. The bedroom was great- very comfortable king size bed with double doors that look out onto the Pacific Ocean. The bathroom is equally amazing- double vanities, open air shower, and jacuzzi tub. Oh, and a walk in closet- no big deal. The highlight of the room, of course, is the deck. We had a multi level deck, complete with a hot tub, outdoor dining area, and two lounge chairs. This deck was literally the most heavenly place in the world. The views are insane and to be able to jump off our own private dock into the crystal water was fantastic. The rooms were beyond clean, very modern and up to date. There really was not a single complaint the entire week.

Grounds: The grounds at the St Regis are immaculate. The private beach is beautiful and well equipped with comfortable sun beds and umbrellas. We never had to wait for a chair or felt as if the beach was too crowded. The restaurant is beautifully situated on the beach and has a beautiful view of the ocean. We loved the pool bar - we got many a drinks there and received exceptional service from all the bartenders. The hotel does a great job of keeping all the roads looking clear and beautiful.

Service: This is where the St Regis really sets itself apart from any other resort I have ever been to. Everyone at the hotel goes above and beyond to make your stay as perfect as possible. From the moment we arrived we were pampered in every sense of the word. A big thank you to our amazing concierge, William, for making everything for us so special. Also, thank you to the general manager- Mr Schoonwagon, for being so attentive to us. One day when the power when out in our villa for literally, 5 minutes, Mr Schoonwagon had a bottle of champagne sent to us, to say sorry for our "troubles" (again, it was only out for 5 minutes!!). This was just one of three instances where the hotel offered us complimentary champagne to make up for some SUPER small "mistake" (another time they forgot to deliver a knife to our room so we could cut some cheese and crackers, so instead of a knife.. we got champagne! it was incredible). Like I said- the service here is UNPARALLELED! Could not get any better.

Other notes:
- The spa was fantastic- highly recommend going!
- Great workout facility as well for those of you, like us, who wanted to workout while on vacation.
- Complimentary boat ride to the main island was much appreciated!
- The sushi restaurant at the hotel is out of this world delicious.
- Breakfast buffet is amazing. We took a few extra large bread rolls and ate them with our lunch in our room (to save a little money on the lunches, since we weren't very hungry in the middle of the day).
- Did I mention... I am obsessed with this place???

In closing, if I could give this hotel 6 stars, I would. It was truly a magical experience staying here, one that I will never, ever forget. I cannot wait until my husband takes me back for our 10 year anniversary (I made him promise me that as soon as we returned from our stay here on our honeymoon). Do yourself a favor and STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: The Premium Bungalows are well worth it!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple