There really are no words to describe how absolutely incredible the St Regis Bora Bora Resort is. It is hands down the most beautiful, amazing, picturesque place I have ever seen... and I am already counting down the days until I can return.
My husband and I spent 7 nights at the St Regis for our honeymoon. We visited in late August and the weather could not have been more perfect- not a day of rain nor a cloud in the sky for seven straight days! Below are our specific thoughts on the St Regis:
Accommodations: The overwater bungalows at the St Regis are out of this world. We booked our trip through American Express Travel and they set us up with one of the premium bungalows, so we had a very large bungalow with it's own private walkway. The villa itself was immaculate- not to mention HUGE! It was bigger than our 1 bedroom condo in Boston. The living room was very spacious with a beautiful sitting area and glass window looking down into the ocean below you. The bedroom was great- very comfortable king size bed with double doors that look out onto the Pacific Ocean. The bathroom is equally amazing- double vanities, open air shower, and jacuzzi tub. Oh, and a walk in closet- no big deal. The highlight of the room, of course, is the deck. We had a multi level deck, complete with a hot tub, outdoor dining area, and two lounge chairs. This deck was literally the most heavenly place in the world. The views are insane and to be able to jump off our own private dock into the crystal water was fantastic. The rooms were beyond clean, very modern and up to date. There really was not a single complaint the entire week.
Grounds: The grounds at the St Regis are immaculate. The private beach is beautiful and well equipped with comfortable sun beds and umbrellas. We never had to wait for a chair or felt as if the beach was too crowded. The restaurant is beautifully situated on the beach and has a beautiful view of the ocean. We loved the pool bar - we got many a drinks there and received exceptional service from all the bartenders. The hotel does a great job of keeping all the roads looking clear and beautiful.
Service: This is where the St Regis really sets itself apart from any other resort I have ever been to. Everyone at the hotel goes above and beyond to make your stay as perfect as possible. From the moment we arrived we were pampered in every sense of the word. A big thank you to our amazing concierge, William, for making everything for us so special. Also, thank you to the general manager- Mr Schoonwagon, for being so attentive to us. One day when the power when out in our villa for literally, 5 minutes, Mr Schoonwagon had a bottle of champagne sent to us, to say sorry for our "troubles" (again, it was only out for 5 minutes!!). This was just one of three instances where the hotel offered us complimentary champagne to make up for some SUPER small "mistake" (another time they forgot to deliver a knife to our room so we could cut some cheese and crackers, so instead of a knife.. we got champagne! it was incredible). Like I said- the service here is UNPARALLELED! Could not get any better.
- The spa was fantastic- highly recommend going!
- Great workout facility as well for those of you, like us, who wanted to workout while on vacation.
- Complimentary boat ride to the main island was much appreciated!
- The sushi restaurant at the hotel is out of this world delicious.
- Breakfast buffet is amazing. We took a few extra large bread rolls and ate them with our lunch in our room (to save a little money on the lunches, since we weren't very hungry in the middle of the day).
- Did I mention... I am obsessed with this place???
In closing, if I could give this hotel 6 stars, I would. It was truly a magical experience staying here, one that I will never, ever forget. I cannot wait until my husband takes me back for our 10 year anniversary (I made him promise me that as soon as we returned from our stay here on our honeymoon). Do yourself a favor and STAY HERE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora