Without being too repetitive, my wife and I spent 5 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora in August '12 and it was a fantastic trip. From the boat service picking you up from the airport to the delicious meals at each of the onsite restaurants, we were in heaven. As part of our Pacific for Less package, there were many extras thrown in and that team definitely goes above and beyond to make sure all the details are taken care of. We loved laying on the beach each day using the standup paddleboards and hobie cat while getting complimentary cold waters and smoothies from the beach staff. The lunches were very large, and though expensive - the view from the pool bar is absolutely amazing. The bungalows (ours faced the mountain) are incredibly spacious and very high end. Sitting out on the deck and jumping into the deep water from the railings was great fun. They even have Bose home theater built into every room - so don't forget your MP3 player and a cable. The turn down service included nice local cookies as well as artistic cards showing some of the island culture. The grounds are in top notch condition and the butler service brought buckets of ice or arranged golf cart rides very promptly. The lagoonarium is full of very interesting fish allowing you to snorkel in calm and safe waters. The spa and massages were very relaxing. This place is truly paradise.
Outside of the resort we visited Villa Mahana and Bloody Marys - both were fantastic and easy to get to via the nightly dinner shuttle boat. The downtown area is typical for these islands, so keep expectations relatively low as this serves the local communities on this remote island rather than the higher end needs of the tourists.
The only thing that could have been better was out of resorts direct control. We seemed to have a bit of bad luck with our specific bungalow when it came to a few sugar ants and other pests. While it wasn't a big problem, my wife had a few sleepless nights of anxiety. Other friends we met there did not have this issue, so i believe it was a limited to our room. Either way, the resort went out of thier way to correct the problem and have us free champagne, late checkout, and other perks to more than make up for the situation.
Looking forward to a return trip hopefully in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora