34 people are viewing this hotel
$1,322
$1,321
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$1,316
Travelocity$1,322
Hotels.com$1,322
StRegis.com$1,328
2,806 results
All reviews butler service te pahu oasis pool aparima bar far niente sushi couples retreat our honeymoon fish golf cart main island personal butler jean george overwater bungalow four seasons french polynesia beach boys
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a Royal Overwater Villa for our honeymoon and we had the most amazing experience you could imagine!!! I had high hopes when I booked our trip to French Polynesia and after a very disappointing stay in Le Tahaa our stay at the St Regis far exceeded my widest expectations. The villa we stayed in was at the end of the walkway and looked directly across the lagoon at Bora Bora. The view was breathtaking and was something that never failed to amaze me. The villa itself could not have been any nicer as far as furnishings and finishes. The staff was ever attentive and the room was kept immaculately by house keeping.
The three restaurants at the hotel were all amazing and it would be hard to pick a favorite.
Activities ranged from laying around and admiring the beauty to jet ski rides around the island and swimming with sharks and manta rays.
I would like to give a special shout out to our butler Mana. Mana took such good care of us!!! Anything we could want Mana had already thought of and had already taken care of for us. He booked all our excursions, dinners and even rode with us to the airport. His knowledge of the island and network of associates is unbelievable and his thoughtfulness and attentiveness made an already amazing stay into the trip of a lifetime. If you go to the St Regis be sure to ask for Mana, you wont be disappointed.

Room tip: The rooms with views of Bora Bora are amazing!!!
Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Michael D
Tracey_Fentem, Director of Sales and Marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your amazing comments about the resort, our wonderful ladies and gentlemen and Bora Bora! I always think of Bora Bora as a little slice of Heaven and have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. Even though I am not based at the resort St. Regis Bora Bora is my second home.

Come back and see us again sooner than later!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the St Regis Resort Bora Bora in October 2012 for eight nights in two overwater deluxe villas. These were quite large with their own sitting room, deck, huge bath tub and open plan showers, entrance foyer, and wooden shutters everywhere. Either side we stayed one night at the InterContinental Hotel in Papeete.

Bora Bora and the St Regis is paradise. The experience of waking to the lapping of water, the cool breeze as it fills the Villa (there is air conditioning if and when you need it), the view of Mt Otemanu (sometimes clear and stark at other times clouded and mysterious), the breathtaking sunsets, the pristine blue-green water, the rustle of the coconut palms swaying in the breeze, the breathtakingly beautiful sunsets, and the peace and quiet of (almost) a desert island. The setting is magic and unique. To this is added a very high class property. The grounds are beautifully maintained. Our villas were immaculate and serviced to perfection twice each day. Even though the resort was full during our stay, we were amazed to see so few other folk during the days - when we did there was always a friendly greeting. But essentially this is a very private space.

Apart from the unique location and beautiful property we had a Butler who was outstanding. Emmanuel was the perfect butler. He was friendly and helpful, without being at all intrusive, had a comprehensive knowledge of the area, and showed a caring for our well being throughout our stay. On most days we had contact with him and if we didn't manage to meet during a day he would suddenly appear at the restaurant where we were eating. He made us feel very welcome and relaxed and we soon developed a repartee which made for enjoyable and informative dialogue.The role of a butler can often be under-estimated and seen as superfluous. Not in this case. Emmanuel's role made our stay!

I went on two organised tours - organised by the Concierge. Again, he was very helpful in his advice. The first was a Jeep Tour which took a small group to circumnavigate the main island and to make precipitous climbs to excellent vantage points around the main island. This provided just a glimpse into a life for many of the locals which was in stark contrast to the luxuries across the lagoon. The other tour was the Bora Bora Lagoon Cruise. This was a five hour boat trip circumnavigating the main island but with stops for snorkelling, feeding the rays, and swimming with the sharks. The latter was the absolute highlight for me as I had to overcome a major fear of sharks to even get in the water. But when the guide took me down to touch a shark that was just a very special and magic moment for me. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough, and lucky for me, Robert was the perfect guide for this kind of adventure.

The resort is quite spread out but quite easy to move around on foot. For those who are not able to get quite into the relaxed mode or who want a quicker form of movement from one part of the resort to another all you need do is ring for a buggy, and presto, there is your transport at your villa door. But for me, another highlight was riding around the resort on a bicycle. I had not ridden for 20 years or more, and I found this a real pleasure. Riding along next to beautifully maintained gardens and overarching palm trees was invigorating and relaxing.

While the whole experience was unique and magic there were some things which needed to be taken into account on the debit side. First, French Polynesia, and in particular Bora Bora, is VERY expensive. One report I read said the prices range from "expensive to outrageous" and I would have to agree. I can only surmise that the cost of maintaining such a resort is very high - everything has to be imported to Tahiti and then shipped to each of the many islands. It's absolutely unique and in high demand, and it would appear that lots of folk are prepared to pay top dollars. For value, you do not get the same standard or quality for your dollar as you would in some other parts of the world such as Europe. This is especially the case with the food. While it is generally good it is not outstanding, and certainly very expensive for what you get. The menus at St Regis were fairly static so after a while I started to crave variety. Luckily I enjoy fish! The other thing to keep in mind that while our villas were kept in immaculate condition, there were little signs here and there that some refurbishment was required. I understand this is gradually taking place.

One thing is for sure, I will not forget this place because of its uniqueness. The visual landscape, the water, the overall quality of the property, the sunsets, the palm trees, the bike riding, swimming with the sharks, and our Butler. And I could not finish without acknowledging how friendly and helpful all staff were - nothing was too much trouble. In short - it is paradise.

Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank cosift

Thank you for your lovely comments! We agree that Bora Bora is definitely "Paradise Found"....
Every time I go to the resort to see the team and work I am total awe of the beauty that is everywhere. I always think of it as my own fairytale.

We look forward to seeing you both back in the not so distant future!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've traveled throughout Tahiti islands and this was the highlight of our trip. The Resort is beautiful, over the water bungalow are spacious and well equipped, good privacy from the terrace. Service is impeccable. Restaurant is fine cuisine but not pretentious. Overall a wonderful experience, would highly recommend and would go back in a heart beat ;-)

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your beautiful comments! We love hearing about our wonderful team of ladies and gentlemen and feel that they are very special too.

We hope to get the opportunity to share our beautiful home with you again in the future!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I didn't even know heaven on earth existed. This was the most unbelievable experience that my new husband and I have had. We were blown away by Bora Bora #1, The St. Regis #2, and Moetini, our personal Butler (WHAT?! your own Butler) #3. From a true warm welcome beginning at the airport to the most sincere fond farewell upon our departure, the staff is WHY you need to book the St. Regis. Of course they rock the facilities with their Lagoonarium, spa, restaurants, over water huts, royal estates, etc, but the true care that each staff member has for your experience is what made our honeymoon just a dream. They know exactly what you need when you need it and do so with the most genuine care you can imagine. Moetini is the coolest guy that kept us surprised the whole time. They flew in Belvedere Vodka to the island just because we asked for it one day in passing, the next day it was there specially for us incase we asked again, the 8 ball was missing from the pool table, so they had one made for us on the main island so we could play! Tips from us: book the hotel without question, ask for the coffee wake up call, visit the French/Polynesian Beach Boys for some SPF 50, maybe you'll get lucky and Francois will open a coconut with his bare hands for you, snorkel with the fish, try the caprese salad, and take a moment in a hammock. The resort is so exclusive, many times it felt like we had the whole island to ourselves. We had a chance to see other hotels around Tahiti and even Bora Bora and nothing compared to the warm staff and the facilities at The St. Regis. I cannot say enough and I am trying to think of an excuse to get back there soon, to heaven. :) Jade and James Peo

Room tip: No bad room to be had at the resort. Stayed in three different rooms and they will upgrade you whenever they have a chance to. All rooms exceeded our expectations.
Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed 7 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora for our wedding and honeymoon. Our wedding was coordinated by Karine, the St. Regis wedding planner there and she was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend letting her plan your dream wedding in paradise. Use Helene Havard as your photographer and Sadry Ghacir as your videographer.

I did a ton of research on this trip before going. We looked hard at the Four Seasons as we are big fans of theirs. I think the only thing that pushed me to the St. Regis were slightly better reviews and also being an SPG member. The location is just amazing. I'm sure the Four Seasons is just as nice in terms of facilities, view, etc.

We decided to stay in a beachfront pool suite for a few nights and then also stay in the premier overwater bungalow (the one with the small hot tub on the deck) for a few nights. Because of our wedding and no availability of the pool beach villas we were upgraded to a Royal Oceanfront Pool Suite which was incredible. It was a big two bedroom villa with a beautiful pool. It had a big "back yard" and a walled front entrance, unlike many of the other rooms. There was a back gate that leads right to the ocean which is right out the back door of the room. Incredibly beautiful. The helipad was right outside our room which was not bothersome at all. In fact it was cool to see it come in and out a few times a day. We ended up taking the helicopter tour (see separate review and pics). We stayed in room 507 (royal oceanfront) and highly recommend it. The beach is not really swimable though. There are tons of sea urchins and rocks. The water is without waves as there is a natural reef that protects from it. The water is crystal clear and beautiful. We waded out to the reef but you have to wear shoes and watch every step so as not to step on the urchins. We loved having our own pool. VERY private (safe for sunbathing without clothes if you like...except when the helicopter comes!). :)

After a few nights there we moved to room 105. This was a premier overwater villa. The same one used in the movie Couples Retreat (that was filmed at this hotel). We loved the room, beautifully decorated, see through floors, hot tub on the deck. there was adequate privacy for sunbathing and even skinny dipping in the lagoon! Amazing views of Mt. Otemanu. Highly recommend staying on the side with mountain views. Amazing rainbows over the mountain when it rains.

The service was stellar. Yoan the restaurant manager remembered us and always got us an amazing table, including for the polynesian show on wednesday nights. We felt like we became friends with them! Food was very good. Not the ideal place for non seafood eaters but there are options to get you through. The general manager of the hotel was actually who married us on the beach and he was just perfect for the occasion (your legal ceremony will be in the mayor's office on the mainland of Bora Bora). By the way, the daily breakfast buffet is the best you'll find anywhere. We swear we had the best eggs we've ever had in our lives there. Also they have bloody mary's as part of the buffet on weekends. We highly recommend that if you are big drinkers go to Vaitape (the main city on the island) and go to the liquor store there and buy alcohol, mixers, etc. Saves a lot of money!

There were only two couples that we ever saw that had kids. They do have a kids center there at the resort. We were never bothered by any kids while there. In fact, we felt like there weren't too many people there at all. We love that. Always hate going to big resorts and having tons of people there but that was never a problem.

The only problem is often availability of the beach cruiser bikes. There are probably 25 bikes there. They are a hot commodity. Some rooms are very far away from the main buildings and the bikes come in very handy. If you leave them outside your room they will come pick them up at night so everyone has a chance again the next day. Some people take the bikes inside their room at night so this doesn't happen but it's not really fair to do that. The GREAT exception when staying in the Royal beachfront is that they said they will never take bikes from a Royal room because you're allowed to keep them overnight, or as long as you want. Don't worry, when you have a spa appointment they will come in a golf cart to pick you up.

There are lots of amazing excursions to do while you're there. We had the most amazing dive trip of our lives with Bora Diving Center (see separate review and pics). Ask for Yvan and Sarah, the owners and they will treat you right, even if you're not certified. We dove with sharks and manta rays and this time of year (september through november) the humpback whales migrate through this area and are easy to see and if conditions are right they let you jump in and snorkel with the whales and their calves. Amazing.

Also, we decided before we went that we wanted to get tattoos. It's a very common thing to do and one of the places of origin of the tattoo. There are some amazing artists there. The resort set up one of the best (Hautahi) to come to our room and three of us got amazing tattoos from him in the comfort of our room! Great experience.

In short, this was an absolute paradise and we've already started planning our trip back again next year. We used a specialty travel agent that has won awards for this almost every year by Conde Nast. His name is Kleon Howe with the Art of Travel. He took care of everything and had recommendations and advice you can't get just anywhere. Most importantly they helped us do all the paperwork to have a legal wedding ceremony in Bora Bora. This is a long and complex process that they make very easy.

Lastly, we made the trip with friends and this was a great way to go. 2 friends stayed there at the resort with us and 2 other friends stayed at a small place on the main island (Hotel Mai Tai). The St. Regis was fantastic at helping us get our other friends over to our resort for the wedding, other events or just to hang out with us. They let them use the employee shuttle to come and go as they pleased. This was a huge deal for us and we thank them very much.

In short, GO to Bora Bora and STAY at the St. Regis. You won't ever regret it.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Michael P

Congratulations Newlyweds!!

Thank you for letting us take part in your beautiful day and for sharing your beautiful experiences with us! We love having feedback regarding a lovely team of ladies and gentlemen as they are the hear and soul of our resort.

Come back and see us again soon!