The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
$469
$634
$602
  • Beachfront
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
$847
$736
$570
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$270
  • Beachfront
Blue Heaven Island lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$265
$170
  • Restaurant
Sunset Hill Lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$88
TripAdvisor
2,252 results
All reviewsbutler servicete pahuoasis poolsushithe miri miri spapersonal butlerfar nienteaparima barcouples retreatgolf cartpremier overwater villaour honeymoonfishmain islandjean georgesfour seasonsswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I were looking for someplace special to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have found a more perfect destination. Everything about The St. Regis was incredible. Everywhere you looked was like looking at a postcard. The service was fantastic and the staff was very friendly. They made every effort to make sure our experience was a memorable one. Our only complaint was the drinks were very weak for the price, but the bartenders were good enough to send extra shots to make up for it! If you can afford it, make sure you stay on the Mt. Otemanu side as your bungalow will block the trade winds which get pretty heavy at times. Also, make sure you spend time at the spa lagoon. you'll have an entire tropical lagoon all to yourself. A definite highlight was dinner at Villa Mahana. But only if you get the table at the top of the outdoor patio. You'll enjoy some amazing food surrounded by geckos sitting under the stars. Overall It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Should you need help with travel arrangements I would recommend Pacific for Less. They had the best price and Claudia and staff set up an unbelievable trip for us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seton K
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the St Regis Bora Bora for 10 nights on our honeymoon in August 2011. Everything at this resort is FIRST CLASS! The grounds are immaculate, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the accomodations are gorgeous (VERY clean, spacious and private). We toured the island of Bora Bora extensively, and no resort can compare.
We booked our trip through Pacific for Less... HIGHLY recommended (I did the research, and you won't find a better price or more knowledgable agents anywhere). We saved thousands on the package (including several activities) by booking with PFL. They even managed to book us into the exact villa we requested, during the resort's busiest week of the year!

Room Tip: Book your trip with Pacific for Less
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We stayed at the St. Regis for 4 nights on an over-the-water villa. For anyone who decides to frolic to this part of the world, do yourself a favour and make sure to book yourself in one of these breath-taking suites. From luxurious spa treatments to romantic dinners overlooking Bora Bora’s beautiful water / mountains, you and your partner are going to be in awe throughout the duration of your trip. Just be aware that things in French Polynesia aren’t cheap. Buy liquor from the duty-free shops at the airport (LAX) and bring them along with you. Otherwise you’re looking at spending at least a thousand more in drinks.

This wouldn’t have been possible without the help of a great travel agency. I recommedn you do the same. I provided them a budget, desired trip length, and what month I wanted to go on vacation. They did the rest. They got my itinerary booked with all the necessary transportation needed to go from island to island. Most of these agencies have unbelievable rates for any high end hotels within French Polynesia. Both my wife and I were surprised with all the additional perks they provided us through their vast network in the south pacific. Most of the agents are incredibly patient as I must have asked them a million and one questions.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place is the definition of a 5 star resort. If you love full service then this is your place. Service is prompt and friendly and the grounds are impeccable. The room blew our minds you are hesitant to ever leave it. We got to enjoy the spa as part of our vacation package and the service there was excellent. The only negative aspect about the resort is that it lacks the cultural feeling that we experienced during our other stays on different islands. Locals suggest the Hilton for a more Polynesian feel. Helpful hints: make your dinner reservations on the main island through the concierge before you stay because the good restaurants fill up. The one thing thats a must is do the ray feeding and shark adventure is was the most memorable part of our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jtraveler44
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The property and views are absolutely gorgeous. Our over the water bungalow was beautiful as well, although they placed us in one at the very end of a very long boardwalk. But the golf cart shuttle service was convenient to use when we weren't up for the walk. There were several somewhat minor repairs needed to our bungalow -- missing lightbulb, door that wouldn't swing shut, some of the shower head options weren't working, inconsistent toilet flushing. We reported all at least twice and only the door was repaired during our 8-day stay. I expect better from a 5 star resort. That's the main reason for the 3 rating. Also, the response to the second complaint was to "comp" us a couples massage, which was already part of our package. Finally, our "butler" didn't shower us with the attention that other guests' butlers did. The restaurants were good, not great.

Be forewarned that Bora Bora is extremely expensive. A bottle of water at the St. Regis restaurants cost $10 and a cocktail on the beach was $25. I'd advise against doing the all inclusive meal package as my travel agent advised (now former agent) advised us and take the free boat shuttle into town most nights for dinner at a variety of nice restaurants. They offer good to great food and many are much more reasonably priced. We were also a little irritated that our "butler" steered us away from any restaurants that weren't exhorbitantly priced, but which were just fine. We didn't need $400 meals 8 nights in a row. The only restaurant he recommended cost us $570 US dollars for our meal.

Room Tip: Over the water huts!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple