As you must be doing right now, I had done this researching before going to the Intercontinental Thalasso Spa. My family of 4 stayed in room 112, end of the pontoon, which we had reserved in March 2013 (we went over this past new years 2013-2014 for 10 days).
Upon arrival to Bora Bora, the resorts yacht picks you up and takes you on your first of many boat ride across the island. It is spectacular to see Mount Otemanu as you rotate around it to see all of its different angles.
The staff was incredibly polite, especially Dmitrievich, that's probably not how to spell his name but he is at the bubbles restaurant and is the funniest, most interesting hotel staff member I've ever met. His laugh is contagious and he was one of the highlights of our trip.
The water was unlike any color you've ever seen, and depending on the amount of sunlight reflecting upon it, the water will shine every hue of blue and green you can ever imagine.
The ONLY complaint would be the food. Breakfast was great with an awesome buffet, lunch was tolerable, but dinner was terrible almost every night. Their fish, which should be amazing since it's in the middle of the ocean was like rubber and had no flavor. Other guests agreed with us that the food was pretty bad. My suggestion is every morning at the breakfast buffet, stock up on bread and butter and cheese, and for dinner go into town as often as possible.
The funny thing is that even though the food was very bad, the stunning beauty of Bora Bora and the beautiful resort and all of the activities completely make up for it so it still deserves 5 stars. After our trip, the food wasn't really a factor when we looked back on it, so if you can get past the food, you will have a fantastic trip of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora