“LOVE LOVE LOVE!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Gunter
“LOVE LOVE LOVE!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I travel extensively, and without any hesitation I can say our stay at Thalasso-Spa ranks at the top of all of our travel experiences. We flew from California on Tahiti Air to Papeete and stayed 2 nights at the Intercontinental Hotel. We woke up early and flew the 45 minute flight to Bora Bora, (which was extremely bumpy.) When we arrived at Bora Bora, we located the Thallasso's courtesy booth, where the attendants gave us flowers and helped us with our luggage onto the boat. We then took the boat (water taxi) to the resort, about a 15 minute ride. We were greeted by the staff who took our luggage and then escorted us via golf cart all around the resort so we would know where all important places were (bar, spa, restaurants, etc...). We were then dropped off at the lobby, where we were given a cool cloth and a fruity drink! The staff did all the work. We sat in the lobby as they brought the registration forms to us and all we did was sit and relax until they took us to our room. We stayed in an overwater bungalow, Diamond (room 130). It was gorgeous! The view--spectacular. The cleaning service was great. We stayed six nights and the only glitch was that on one day they did not get around to cleaning our room until mid afternoon. Also, make sure you put your valuables in the safe. We believe, (but not certain) that 80 dollars was taken out of my bag. I hesitate to even put this in the review since my husband and I thought I could have given the cash back to him, but when we added it up, we were short around 75 dollars. So just be aware that even at 5 star resorts, you need to protect your valuables. The restaurants were excellent. The buffet in the Reef's restaurant was always great! The service was a little slow at times. This did not bother us however, because it is such a laid back place, you were never in a hurry to get anywhere. However, if you have an excursion planned, I recommend that you let the waiter know you are in a hurry and they will accommodate you. Excursions: My husband is a diver, and he said the diving was fantastic! He went diving 3 different times and enjoyed every excursion. We both went on a jet ski tour of the island which we greatly enjoyed. The tour took a short stop at a little cove where watched a coconut demonstration (learned how to open a coconut) and drank some of the milk directly from the coconut. Was a worthwhile excursion. Ladies, I highly recommend the deep tissue massage. Was the BEST massage I've ever had. And the coolest part is that there is a glass floor under the massage table! I LOVED laying there and watching the fish underneath me, while being pampered! Fantastic! Our stay was long enough that we began to get "tired" of just laying out all the time, so we took advantage of the resort's "healthy trail" and workout gym. The gym was small, but was never crowded. The "healthy trail" went all around the resort, down to the ocean side beach. Warning- it's feels a little isolated if you walk down to the beach. The first time I used the trail, I went alone at 6:30 in the morning and it was a little creepy. So the rest of the time, I went with my husband. We gathered sea shells and really enjoyed the serenity of it all! For physical activity, you can also play tennis or kayak in the lagoon. Overall, this was an amazing experience. However, this was a trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary, so we were looking for a quiet place to spend some time alone. If you are interested in an action packed, partying type atmosphere, this is probably not for you. It's a romantic hideaway, consisting mainly of honeymooners and empty nesters (and very few families). But for a couples trip? It's perfect! One night I surprised my husband by asking the hotel to prepare a private dinner for us in our hotel room. While we were out, they set up a wonderfully romantic dinner right out on our deck, with candles and roses everywhere. We played romantic music, danced, and ate under the stars. The waitress was attentive while at the same time gave us plenty of privacy. I highly recommend the private romantic dinners the hotel offers at least one night during your stay. Mine was an experience I will never forget! Final thought: it is definitely worth signing up for the Ambassador's club--you get an automatic upgrade AND early check out privileges (we didn't have to check out until 4 that afternoon). Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dianne G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Well as everyone else has said this place is paradise found!! From the time we got off the plane and into the water taxi I knew I would have an amazing honeymoon!! We stayed in a diamond overwater bungalow which was amazing, the bungalow is bigger than my house!!! The bath is amazing and a must to try out!!!
The restaurants were both very good, we stayed on a half board plan which was great value as food can be expensive!!
Happy hour is good fun trying out all the different cocktails, even if you don't try cocktails sat at the bar with a cold hi nano is good fun.
My husband and I went on a couple of day trips during our five night stay, 4x4 tour was good fun as well as the boat tours which can all be booked through the hotel.
If you want a once in a lifetime honeymoon then this is the place!!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights as part of a package deal. We definitely made the right choice. The resort is absolutely beautiful and well maintained. It seems like the remodelling that others have complained about was well and truly over by the time we got there.

The over water villas were to die for. We stayed in a 'diamond' villa and had incredible views. The room was luxurious, spacious and very clean.

The staff were super friendly and helpful, even when language was a barrier. The food was pricey- then again everything in Tahiti is expensive and we preferred the Sands restaurant over the Reef for both better value and variety. Travelling to the main island is a breeze, though getting back in the evening does come at an extra cost.

The spa is one of the best I have ever been to- a perfect way to unwind and really enjoy your time there.

Would we go back? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013
California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Tahiti and Bora Bora to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and 2nd honeymoon. We chose the Intercontinental Thalasso in Bora Bora. This hotel more than exceeded our expectations. Everything was amazing. The water taxi transfer to the hotel went smoothly, we were greeted upon arrival and given lei's, then our bags were loaded and off we went. The check in process was easy and then we were taken to our room. We had an amazing OTW bungalow with a spectacular view of Mt. Otemanu!! The staff at the hotel could not do enough for us. The guys at the pool are the best - special shout out to Mario, Fred and Simon.
They made the trip very special. They made hats, purses, headbands etc out of palm leaves, and made sure our time at the pool was enjoyable. Also, Vai and Heimana at the poolside bar were very warm and welcoming. Mauruuru to all of them!! Needless to say, we can't wait to go back. I would recommend this resort to anyone who is lucky enough to travel to Bora Bora.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDTN
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I traveled here for our honeymoon in May 2011, and I'd give anything to go back! (If you are traveling to BB, seriously, stay forever, if you can.)

The rooms, the water, the food, everything was amazing. I enjoyed a lunch of brie with crostini and salad everyday, and of course, a cold Hinano. The snorkeling in the little lagoon is also fabulous. (Say hello to the giant puffer from me!) We also enjoyed taking the boat over the the Moana for dinner one night. While the resort pales in comparison to the Thalasso, it's still fun to take the little boat my moonlight. We did do dinner one night at the St. Regis as well, but I wouldn't recommend. If you're a relatively chill person, you'll likely find the SR a bit stuffy.

It's been 2 years since we've been in Bora Bora, but I hope to be back soon. Enjoy every second of your trip to this awesome resort. It's not cheap to go back, but worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennie521
NYC
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This amazing stay began with the water taxi ride from the airport to the Intercontinental Thalasso- Spa. What an amazing view. Once you arrive at the dock it's like you're in a movie. You are met by reps of the hotel and whisked away to take a tour of the resort. A quick check-in with a welcome drink and you are brought to your room. The over water bungalow absolutely exceeded our expectations. Well appointed, wonderful layout, and an awesome deck!!! We were the 2nd hut from the end of the dock which meant a long walk to reception, dining, or the dock to get the water taxi to the main island but it was worth it. (also an easy drop off spot when you are coming back from excursions).

The service at the resort is impeccable. Everyone remembers you/knows your name and everyone is so friendly and happy! The concierge assisted us with all of our needs - booking private excursions, dinner reservations, transportation, etc. Very accommodating. They have a water taxi available for free during the day and you can purchase a ticket for a shuttle bus to town for shopping. There is a charge for the water taxi in the evening. We left the resort for dinner twice - Bloody Mary & Villa Mahana (AMAZING). Very convenient having the water taxi available even if you just want to check out the other Intercontinental.

Food at the resort was good as well. We ate breakfast there daily and it was great. The buffet had lots of different choices (American, Japanese, Tahitian, etc). Both nights we had dinner at the resort were buffet nights (Japanese Theme & Polynesian Theme). Excellent meals, lots of choices, and everything was great!

I can't say enough about this place. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cheleann
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent 5 nights there for honeymoon in Jun 2013.

we called before we arrived and told the Thalasso which villa I was interested. and we got the one we wanted to stay in! we didn't go thru any agent. we booked directly with the hotel.

of course, a warm welcome was received. the first night when we came back from dinner, a champagne was left in the room with fresh flowers. and a warm letter from concierge which reminded us of the activities we booked the next day was left on the bed.

we had tours almost every morning. the staff was waiting for clients at the dock to see what is needed. for example, we didn't bring fins for one tour, she drove to get them for us within 5 min.

the buffet at the "Reef" was highly recommended! a great variety of food and very tasty!

the last day we ordered the canoe breakfast. the experience was very beautiful, also very pricy. two guys sent you breakfast in a canoe. then one guy came up to set up table on our sundeck, we were offered a ride for about 5 min in the canoe. when we came back, the table with breakfast and fresh flowers was already set up. the breakfast was about USD 220 which was regular cereal and pancake at your choice. still it was unforgettable!

Room Tip: download the map of the hotel rooms before the trip and call/ email the hotel of the rooms you are i...