2,662 results
All reviews reef restaurant bubbles bar diamond bungalow diamond otemanu le corail our honeymoon fish sting ray feeding main island ambassador club meal plan wedding chapel deep ocean living room french polynesia breakfast and dinner golf cart
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the InterContinental Thalasso last August for our honeymoon and it was amazing. My wife and I would sit out on the beach and listen to a live music while watching the sunset. The water was as clear as it is in the photos and the weather was spectacular. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. If you like television then I might pack some movies because the channel choices are limited, but I recommend jumping off you private dock and staying outside. I have been all over the world and truly this place is incredible!

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Jordan W
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were saving the "best for last" on our two week 30th anniversary trip of French Polynesia and we could not have been more wrong. We paid the highest price for a room at the very end of the pontoon, villa 230, believing by the map that we would have an unobstructed view of Mt. Again, wrong...we could not even see it without hanging over our balcony and practically breaking our necks to look around the privacy screen that is installed on the balcony. Several of the water activity items, I.e. the paddle boats and surf boards/paddles were unavailable due to being broken. Really??? For this amount of money they can't get this stuff fixed? The ice machine closest to our room was broken for days. Pretty resort but I suggest staying on the main island and coming over for a $22.00 drink special during happy hour if you want to take in a nice view of Mt. If you do come for the one hour happy hour you will have second round free and you can expect that it will take the full hour to get your two drinks. So do not be in a hurry. I know part of the service issue is the slower lifestyle but I truly believe some is due to inadequate staffing. We also found this at meals at the hotel as well. When checking in you will be given a card that explains the boat shuttles and bus transportation into town. However, they do not explain until you want to do it, is that the bus that will take you into town from their sister resort does not run on Sundays. So do not plan on shopping on Sundays in town as most shops are closed. There are several excursions that we enjoyed but those reviews are separate and highly recommended. I will definitely skip this hotel on our next trip.

Room tip: Read the maps carefully. The most expensive room does NOT give you the best views.
Date of stay: April 2013
10  Thank raja0000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear raja0000,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the amenities and facilities of our hotel that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused in your stay. In order to meet the changing needs of the guests, we will constantly updated equipments and facilities to make better environment and relaxed atmosphere in the future. We hope that you will experience the changes in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went here on our honeymoon, and couldn't have asked for anything better. We are both very well travelled and were both blown away with the resort and the views. The resort was spetacular, the over the water bungalows were large, luxurious, clean.

I would recommend to purchase the Ambassador membership (currently $200) which gives you free room upgrades, and some treats. A room/bungalow upgrade is about $100 a night, so if you stay 3 nights, you've already made your money back.

My only complaint is that although coffee table opened up so you can feed the fish, the area where Thalasso is located, doesn't have fish. We also stayed at the InterContinental Moana resort where there were lots of fish to feed from your bungalow

Room tip: When selecting a bungalow, I would highly recommend to pick one with a view of the volcano.
Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent the the second week of our two week honeymoon at this wonderful resort. Our bungalow was very spacious and had an amazing view of the lagoon and mountain (#215 Diamond Category). The water depth by our pontoon was over 6 ft which was great for cannon balls into the water! We had the Half Board meal package (breakfast buffet and 3 course dinner). Every meal was fantastic. We booked a fun half day snorkeling trip. It was with Pure Snorkeling where we saw a manta ray, swam with stingrays, fed lots of hungry fish and got a close up view of a moray eel. We also took the 4x4 jeep safari tour which was a great way to see the island and the WWII cannons. Most of our time at the resort was spent snorkeling in the Coral Garden, relaxing on the beach lounge chairs, enjoying the beautiful pool, or just soaking up the beauty of this magical island from the comfort of our private deck. I look forward to the day that I can return to this beautiful place!

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I spent out honeymoon at the Intercontinental and it was positively amazing, 9 days of pure bliss. Not only was our room spacious and beautiful, but it was cleaned 3 times a day! Flowers were on our bed everyday when we got back from whatever activity we were doing. I never had any complaints about the food, except for price, but that's what one would expect when traveling to Bora Bora. The concierge was wonderful with booking excursions and anything else we would need. Our favorite excursion was the 3 hour jet ski tour. It was well worth it! We knew alcohol was extremely expensive so we packed 2L of alcohol each in our suitcases (the limit) to bring with us and just bought a carton of pineapple juice from the hotel restaurant. The Polynesian dance show was great to watch and I even got to go up on stage and join in with the fun. We booked an hour and a half couples Tahitian massage at the spa and it was wonderful. The facilities at the spa were not 5 star, especially the jacuzzi's but the massage was definitely top notch. We took a trip into town by using the complimentary boat service to the other intercontinental on the main island and then took the free bus to town. The bus driver Ebu will tell you anything you want to know and even how to book excursions through town so you do not have to pay the hotel their fee they add on or where to go for the best Tahitian Pearls. We were having so much fun in town that Ebu told us to enjoy and he would do a special pick up for us in an hour. Everyone we spoke with was a pleasure from either town or the hotel. We did go out to dinner one night to the famous Bloody Marys and it was a great experience as well. You get to pick what you want to eat based on what they have displayed when you arrive so its fresh! For food at the hotel I do highly recommend you get the meal plan of breakfast and dinner. To give you an idea lunch cost about 100$ just for two sandwhiches and two beers if you were paying. We were also given a complimentary canoe breakfast because of the length of our stay and what a joy that was. While they set up a HUGE breakfast on our deck, we got to go for a ride around in the canoe. All in all the hotel and staff here were absolutely wonderful, our experience was by far the best I have ever had at a hotel (even top of the line hotels) and the landscape was just amazing. We plan to return for our 10th anniversary and you better believe I am holding my husband to that bargain!

Date of stay: May 2012