So my husband and I spent five days of our honeymoon at the Thalasso. We spent a previous five days at the Intercontinental in Moorea and our last two nights at the Intercontinental in Tahiti. By far, hands down, our favorite was the Thalasso! We have stayed at the Intercontinentals in Boston, chicago and Manhattan and none of them compare to the one on Bora Bora. You arrive by boat from the airport and are immediatly greeted by someone blowing on a conch shell to welcome you. Oh, but before this, when you arrive at the airport, a representative from the Thalasso is there to greet you with a lei. After we got on the dock, we were escorted for a tour in a golf cart by one of the receptionists. Our room was not ready yet so we decided to go to the spa. What an experience! We chose the honeymoon package which consisted of a 20 minute bath, a 50 minute massage, a bottle of champagne and use of the facility for the whole day. The facility was huge with hot tubs that had a great view of Mt. Otemanu, saunas, rain showers, an individual swim pool, a deep ocean pool, a walk-through pool for your legs and a tea room. The staff were all very friendly. A little disappointed that we had to give up our flip-flops, pareo and beach bag for the amount of money we have payed. We had breakfast every morning at the Reef buffet which ran us $80. They had a great variety of food: eggs/omletts any way you wanted, pancakes and crepes, cheeses, fruits, sausage, bacon, potatos, danishes, cereals, yogurts, oatmeal, custards and a polynesian dish every morning. Beware, there are a lot of flys. We were in bungalow 241 which did not have a view of the mountain but of the beach. The inside was very spacious and clean. We had champagne in our room the first night and a nice beach bag left on the bed the next night that had a pareo, t-shirt, bar of soap and two bracelets inside. You cannot go by any employee at any time without them saying "la orana" hello to you like they mean it and not forced like in Tahiti. Wherever we went we were greeted as Mr. and Mrs. The concierge was exceptional! We dealt with Avril who was a peach! She was very informative and on top of things. When our parasailing excursion time was bumped up, she came and found us at the pool to tell us. One day I had gotten a phone call to our room asking what restauraunt we were eating at that night and I said the St. James (highly recommend). I found it strange that the woman on the phone did not clarify a time so I went to Avril before we left for dinner who did not know who called and also did not have us down for dinner. She quickly called the restaurant to book and drove us in the golf cart to the pier so we would not miss the shuttle. Upon our arrival, she was waiting for us to see how we liked dinner and drove us back to our bungalow. Should you be fortunate enough to stay at this hotel, be sure to book with Avril, you will not be disappointed. One final note about the concierge; we ended up having a very delayed flight from Bora Bora to Tahiti and had a driver wating for us, some other member of the concierge called our driver's cell phone in Tahiti and spoke with my husband to make sure we got to the other Intercontinental alright! The pool was gorgeous!! It was 4 1/2 feet the whole time unlike the pool in Tahiti which was either ankle deep or way over my head (my husband couldn't even touch the bottom) Not fun for me when I don't know how to swim. The bed was so comfortable! I gave the location four out of five stars due to the fact that we had to take a 15 minute shuttle to the other Intercontinental to get to other restaurants on the island. Otherwise, this is a perfect relaxing resort for anyone on a honeymoon or who just wants to get away from it all! Be sure to snorkle by the chapel for some great snorkeling and ask the pool boys for free fish food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Priceline, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora