We spent six nights here for our honeymoon and it was just amazing.
Upon arriving by boat I was blown away by how beautiful it was, the water was so clear and blue!
We had a Diamond bungalow and were one from the end, a great view and spot!
We had no problem with any of the staff here, everyone was so friendly and whenever you passed a staff member they always smiled and said hello.
A couple of activities we did included:
shark and ray tour with raanui tours - excellent tour, beautiful snorkeling and get up close with sharks and sting rays, we even saw manta rays.
Helicopter tour - this was just amazing, we did a 15 min tour and was such a great way to see the island, we got some great photos of the resorts.
Jet ski tour - did a 2 hour jet ski tour, this was great, we stopped on a motu for a coconut showing, was lots of fun!
Day spa - we got a 2 hour package at the day spa, it was very nice but the day spa is very very expensive!! they have nice facilities as well you can use before and after your spa treatment.
We got breakfast delivered to our bungalow one morning by canoe, this is about $200 AUD expensive but they bring you a massive breakfast!! we had fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, cereal, juice etc.
We had a half board meal plan while we were there, this included buffet breakfast and 3 courses for dinner each night, I strongly suggest getting a meal plan as the food at the resort is very expensive!
If we were to go back we would even go the full board meal plan as this includes lunch as well. We spent around $60+ for lunch, so if you are there a little while it all adds up by the end of the trip!
We went to Bloody Marys one lunch time but they werent serving lunch on this particular day so we just had tapas, reasonably priced cocktails and food.
We had dinner at both the Sands and the Reef restaurants, the reef was mainly seafood.
We got the boat over to Le Moana one night for dinner just for something different but it wasnt worth it, service wasnt as good and the food was a bit poor. But if you are sick of the sands and reef and want something different, the boat will take you over to the Moana.
We also joined the intercontinental ambassder program before leaving, I suggest this as well.
We got a room upgrade from a sapphire to a diamond bungalow, water in our room daily, fruit on arrival and late check out.
We arrived quite early when we got there, our room wasnt ready but they have day rooms for you to store your luggage and have a shower, this was really handy we just got into our bathers and went swimming until our room was ready and also had lunch.
Cocktails at bubbles bar were great, they were about $30 AUD. very yummy and professional bartenders here.
I definetly recommend this resort, it was just perfect and so amazing, we were so lucky and had amazing weather the whole time we were there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora