Just returned from a week at the IC Thalasso. The property itself is beautiful and the rooms are so spacious and well laid out. We enjoyed the OWB Diamond with a direct view of the mountain. The abiity to walk out the door and float in the lagoon was wonderful. We did bring a raft but only used it 2 or 3 times.
Overall we found the service at this property to be lacking in the area of food and beverage and front desk. We arrived from LA at approximately 10 am and told our room was not available and we would be alterted when it was by 2 pm. Unfortunately this did not happen. We spent the morning at the pool and then enjoyed lunch at the Sands where we literally had to chase down our server for the check. At approximately 230 we went to the front desk to ask if our room was available and the nice gentleman said it had been for a while. Unfortunately the person that checked us in, had us sign all the release forms and took our credit card forgot to tell us.
In terms of the restaurants, the Nui Nui at the other property was horrible. Incredibly poor service and the quality of food was low. I ordered a steak that was filled with fat and gristle and we were never offered any more to drink once our bottle of water was empty.
In terms of the Reef, the buffets and breakfast are nice. Good variety of food. The plated evenings are alright. Some of the dishes came out in preparations I was not expecting based on the description. Very elegant. Again, service lacking. We brought this to the F & B Managers attention and he did send a written note of apology and half bottle of champagne to our room.
Overall this was a good trip. The pool is very nice, eventhough you have this beautiful beach right in front of you. They came around with the most beautiful smelling cool towels to refresh in the early afternoon and a fruit appetizer. Additionally some of the demonstrations they did such as coconut husking were interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is located between the two hearts of Motu Piti Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. The Deep Ocean Spa is the centerpiece, but the resort offers lots of cultural and recreational activities to fill your days including canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling, stargazing and handicraft demonstrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Prestigia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Thalasso-Spa Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Hotel Bora
- Intercontinental Thalasso Resort Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora