“Worst Hotel On Planet Earth!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Bora Bora Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This is the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at!! I have stayed at over 400 differnt hotels and this is #1 as the worst. You would be better sleeping in the jungle.....
Pillows Horrible
Internet Horrible
Food Horrible and over priced
Bugs in rooms
Televisions - Horrible - Small and bad reception
Air Con - Smells and does not work correctly
Can not create a correct bill on check out after 5 times and then late charged me for charges that were not mine.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
49  Thank aussiehard1

Reviewed July 11, 2010

I must admit that I went in to this trip a little bit nervous after reading some reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed staying at the Novotel. Going to Bora Bora was a must for my honeymoon and staying at the Novotel was the most financially savvy choice to make it possible. We were greated with leis and mai tai drinks at the lobby upon arrival, check in was painless, we were given a map of the facilities, and the info on the restaurant and bar. The rooms are fairly simple but had what we needed; it was cleaned everyday which included floors being mopped. We enjoyed the balcony, sitting out each afternoon after long days in the sun. There's a small fridge, coffee pot with instant coffee etc.
The food:
Breakfast: buffet style- prices seemed consistent with other locales and Tahiti, approx. 2000 francs per person. Lots of fruits, meats, cheeses, BREADS! (which are to die for), cereal, nutella, eggs (fried, scrambled, or omelets). Coffee, juices, milk. Not much to complain about.

Lunch- usually ate outside at the pool/bar area. Chicken Caesar salad was awesome, moist, with a really great marinade. Chicken sandwich, burger and fries all worth it. Salads were awesome here. Huge portion, fresh, crisp, really great dressing.

Dinner- I had Chicken supreme which had this amazing vanilla sauce with shallots, white wine, and cream it was to die for. The mahi mahi with the vanilla sauce was equally as delicious. Both came with veggies and rice or french fries. My husband had the red tuna which was great, pasta napolean which was ok, muscles with wine sauce which were yummy, and pasta with fish (salmon).

This is definitely not the intercontinental or four seasons. But you can't beat the price and really you aren't stuck at the resort or the restuarant. The market is a 2 minute walk away as well as several restaurants (La Bounty= wonderful) and an awesome pizza place. Don't be affraid to try it if you are on a budget.

I believe that the hotel has undergone a management change, and may no longer be part of Novotel. However, I had no problems that would be related to that.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank conntravelbug
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We booked this hotel because it was a brand we knew in New Zealand. The brand represents "nothing special, basic and clean for us". So long as you're happy with this then this is probably a good deal for you. It wouldn't be a place to book for a honeymoon unless you are strapped for cash and getting there is a must. You are on the island of BoraBora so not trapped on a motu as I've seen in some reviews. There are several other hotels in the area most of which are probably slightly more expensive and of a higher quality. We ate in a different hotel restaurant every night as the food at our hotel was less than basic. The Maitai seemed to have the best shows and reasonable food. Don't believe the guide book descriptions of some of the "restaurants" - some of them are just shacks selling pizza on the side if the road! Coming from New Zealand we found the prices astonishingly high around 4 times the price we would normally pay. I'm not talking about multistar restaurants here but low star hotels and local stores. You may actually get better "value" eating out in multistar restaurants here. BoraBora has always been an exotic dream for me but the reality was that it was just another island albeit with some of the most lovely sea views I have ever seen.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank Int_Academic
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Maybe it was because of the rain but the rooms seemed, outdated, very dark and moldy. This was the smallest room and the worst hotel on my trip to French Polynesia (I stayed on 4 islands). There were some yellow and black stains under the shower, no hot water. After reporting it in the morning this was still not repaired after I came back from a full day trip. The food in the restaurant wasn't good and we decided to switch the restaurant for neighboring Sofitel at a cost. Swimming pool and beach are quite small.

• Stayed: November 2009
8  Thank Ttiaree
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort is a heaven on earth. My husband and I were there for a holiday and I enjoyed it like never before. We booked it through Easy Click web site and we were really happy we found it as It is really one of a kind- exceptional, beautiful and luxurious. Everything there was outstanding and I would really like to come back sometime.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tripmyworld
Reviewed November 29, 2009

We visited the island of Bora Bora back in 2006 and stayed at this resort for 5 days. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute of the stay. Although it is much cheaper than most of the resorts on the island the treatment we received was 5 star! Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. The beach is beautiful and very private with a pier, the bar and restaurant is right on the beach. The resort has a small infinity pool but still lots of fun relaxing around on the lounges. The rooms are located across the road( the only drawback) so you have to walk across to the main foyer, pool, restaurant and the beach etc but really was not a problem at all. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and are located in a beautiful tropical garden setting. The biggest advantage is the shops are within few minutes walking distance (small supermarket) so you can stock up on food and drinks which is great if you don't want to spend a fortune on food at the resort. ( great lunch alternative- they sell fresh yummy baguettes) Also the car hire company is located there too so if you want to hire a buggy or a car which I highly recommend ( lots of fun cruising around the island and exploring at your own leisure).
All the excursions can be booked through the resort and the staff will recommend the best ones and will arrange everything for you.
Restaurant food was perfect, all you can eat breakfast was delicious and highly recommended. And don't forget the happy hour for 2 for 1 cocktails . There is other restaurants within walking distance too so you don't have to eat at the resort which like anywhere on the island is expensive. But the local eateries and smaller restaurants are much cheaper.
They had a wonderful Polynesian night show with traditional dancing and singing and yes you will get dragged on the dance floor and get to swing your hips as well.
The resort provides free activities like kayaks , snorkling equipment etc although I would recommend to bring your own goggles as these were a bit "tired" and kept leaking. The beach is beautiful with nice views of the motu in the distance. We kayaked one day to the motu from the resort and had a great adventure, we snorkelled , fed the tropical fish... there is plenty tropical fish, bring some left over bread from breakfast hop in the water and enjoy the beautiful marine life.
I would recommend this place for travellers who don't want to break their budget but still have a wonderful holiday in the paradise. Truly this resort is fantastic. It is a smaller resort which gives you the feeling of more privacy and peacefulness.
Staff are wonderful, great food and the easy access to the rest of the island. Great value for money so you can spend more on activities and having fun on the island.
Fast forward a few years and we are going back to Bora Bora cos we just fell in love with the island. It is the most beautiful place on earth. Although we are not going to stay at the same resort because we would like to full fill our dream and experience the overwater bungalows which unfortunately this resort does not have. We are also travelling with 2 young kids this time around( we left them with the grandparents last time ) so opted for a bigger resort to keep them entertained and still have a wonderful experience together. So stay tuned my next review will be for the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort :)
I hope this review was helpful . Have a wonderful time on Bora Bora and believe me you will not want to leave......

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Awes0meF0urs0me
Reviewed November 28, 2009

i can't believe anyone would give this hotel a bad review. The place is in the best location on the main island and is $300 a night less than the Sofitel next door which isn't any better. The rooms are across the road but in a lovely tropical garden setting. The beach was very nice and the staff very helpful. We took all the money we saved by staying here and did lots of tours and activities. There are lots of good places to eat in walking distance and a market right next door. Did a great dive here with Bora Bora divers. Save your money of the $500 a night 5 stars out on the motus and stay here!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple