“A mixed bag”

Eleuthera Bora Diving Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 1992, Eleuthera BORA DIVING CENTER, located on the famous Matira beach offers the best of diving in Bora Bora. In one of the most beautiful lagoon in the world, our professional diving instructors will guide you to discover the main dive sites ! Safety and fun, your dives will be the best ever with Eleuthera BORA DIVIN CENTER meeting eagle rays, manta rays, lemon sharks, white tip, black tip, reef sharks...
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Bora diving center was cheaper than topdive, so we ended up there. We purchased a package for 3 days. I've been diving for about 10 years, my wife is brand new (in both senses). The first day was good - we saw rays and sharks, awesome. One guy in the group eneded up buddy breathing - odd, but ok. Second day - I wasn't paying much attention on the way out, we stoped to pick up a lot of people. Jumped in the water - yay, rays! Another person on buddy breathing. Second dive of the day I had a bit of sinus issue, and an instructer tried to pull me down while I was equalizing. Had to make the international freaking the [--] out stop pulling me eyes. At the end of the dive - a deep one, hit 80 feet I was running low on air because I started below 200 bar. Instructor put me on buddy breathing instead of letting us go up - not cool. Last day - SAME DIVE SITES AGAIN!!! We had to complain to get a new site, but we still ended up at one site 3 times. At the end of the dive, again deep my computer said 0 reamining decompression time, and I was the highest all day. I grabbed my wife and bumped it up to clear. Dive master stayed down for an additional 5 minutes with no visible computer. There were also many random "instructors" that were diving with the group. They did not seem to add to the experience and were trampling the coral - not cool.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank Garrett R

Paris, France
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“amazing service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

we went diving with yvan(the owner) and as we waited for other divers on the second dive,we were lucky enough to see whales;yvan took us there to swim with them and it was a real magical moment!the whole team of the dive center is really nice,they make you feel "at home" although they are really concerned with your safety;when we dived,we were only 5 of us...i highly recommand it!

Visited September 2012
London
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great diving center in Polynesia”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a great diving center. Dan welcomed us as friends as soon as we stepped in. We went for two wonderful dives on a rainy day where we saw manta rays on the first dive and all sorts of sharks on the second one. Really good dives with hilarious Ivan. Got he made diving fun without compromising safety. We are still laughing at our diving video ( on sale when the videographer is on board which is pretty often). The boats are safe and the cup of tea and biscuits welcomed in between dives. The great thing too is you can use the Te Moana inter islands pass which makes the dives only 6000cpf. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2012
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Like being taken on tour with friends”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

There may be several dive centers in Bora Bora, but these guys really stand out for service. Their instructors are fun and friendly, and really make the dive more like being on a trip with friends than being taken for a tour by a stranger. They were really friendly and helpful and made the diving so easy to do.
Sarah, Ivan, Nico and Dan made the trip memorable with their high level of service and will make your decision to use their dive center the right one!!

Visited October 2012
a
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Yvan and his team delivers consistently a professional yet friendly service/experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am a Shore Excursion Manager on one of the cruise ship calling for 3/4 month in FP each year and have sent over the seasons hundreds+ passengers to Bora Diving Center (for regular one and two tank dives or introductory dives). I have to say that I have only received good feedback from these guys...and that even on rainy days ; ) . I know Yvan and his team delivers consistently a professional yet friendly service/experience. Good job and see you all soon : )

Visited December 2011