“Pros & Cons of Chez Nono”
Review of Chez Nono

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bora Bora
Chez Nono
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We spent 4 nights at Chez Nono in the big round bungalow on the beach. The bungalow itself was pretty cool as it sat directly on the beach. It was clean and comfortable and a good value for the price. But as soon as we arrived I knew we wanted to use this place as a base. It's not somewhere we wanted to hang out for any length of time. The property is small and the beach is public. Neighborhood dogs would defecate on their beach every morning and around the grounds. A group of children from the neighborhood would play on their beach which amounted to 5 hours a day of screaming and crying. I like dogs and I'm used to kid noise but this was extreme. We received good service during our stay. The owner Claude was very helpful arranging tours and transfers. The highlight of our trip was the Terramona Circle Island tour run by Chez Nono. One of the best tours I have ever been on. I highly recommend it if you are staying on Matira Point so you can get views of the famous Mt. Otemanu.
I'm glad we did see Bora Bora but I would not return. It really is paradise lost with the overdevelopment and inflated prices. We also traveled to Moorea and Huahine and would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
11  Thank SWshred

Reviewed January 17, 2009

so, on the plus side its nowhere near the price of most other places on bora, the beach is fabulous and it IS the doorstep (when its not full of cruise ship customers as I think its the only public beach on the island!) and it was very quiet when I was there.

however, its not cheap compared to other islands in FP, I got bitten to *******, the staff are not desperately interested, and the accommodations aren't great.

I was quite glad that I had only booked one night on Bora, as unless you are peirce brosnan and have a bungalow I thought it was an over-rated place. I much more enjoyed Raiatea or Huahine..

Got a great tour with Sirion in a yellow jeep - had three japanese couples probably on their honeymoon in the back of the jeep, he took great delight in scaring them up and down the off-road bumps!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank the_crunch
Reviewed December 7, 2008

We liked the location on the beach. The staff was however not very friendly and nobody was available before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m. We witnessed the arrival of a couple that was not picked up at the airport (although agreed beforehand) and that did not encounter anyone when trying to check in. Also note that nobody came to clean the rooms during our stay,

We expected a better service for the amount paid.

Internet is not available.

The lagoon cruise we organised with them was fine.

Robert & Jane

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank kaiviti2007
Reviewed December 20, 2007

First of all, the booking per phone was very complicated, and I never got a reponse on my mails!! I called from Germany and the owner of Chez Nono said three times that he is busy and i shall call again, nevertheless I booked a bungalow! As I arrived the owner told me that I had never booked my bungalow, then I asked him to give me a room instead of a bungalow, he did, BUT: the room was dirty, the toilet was next to my room, and the owners were very unfriendly! The rooms, not only mine, the others as well are very old and really dirty! I told this to the owner and he said, if I did not like it here, I should spend my holidays anywhereelse! Nightmare!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
19  Thank Tuilman
Reviewed September 15, 2007

We stayed three nights at Chez Nono, on their water facing beach house. This was a great value for money! We payed about 1/5 of the price of similar places offered by Intercontinental and Sheraton, for the same location and view.

The staff is quite helpful as well. As far as the high prices on Bora Bora go---this is very reasonable, especially considering you're literally 1 meter away from the water!

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank pbutala
Reviewed November 11, 2006

A friend of mine and I stayed there in September 2002 and I must say that although the accomodation is simple I enjoyed my stay here more than I would have in a 5 Star hotel!

The rooms are simple but the location in Matira Point is Amazing (cant get any better in my opinion) and the hotel staff are amazing - mimi, emily and hebeca! (4 years and I still remember their names)!

The best thing about this place is the shared showers and kitchen, which made you meet a lot of travelers from around the world and made our trip even more wonderful!

Very Recommended

( I know I will regret this recommendation because I will find it fully booked the next time I will go there!)

Stayed: October 2006
7  Thank Oceanspirit81
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We loved everything about this place. We stayed for 5 days in January this year in a round bungalow at the waters edge.

The location was sensational, our bungalow had its own private facilities, we were so close to the shore line, I couldn't believe it. The beach was beautiful, never jam packed with people and the water was so clear.

Le Truck came down quite regularly if you wanted to go to the village of Vaitape and you could walk to numerous restaurants/snack bars from there.

The people who run this place were absolute treasures. I cried my eyes out when it was time to leave - I felt like I was leaving family behind.

We also met some really lovely other travellers from all over the world which added to the whole experience.

I second the other poster's comments about the motu picnic tours that run from Chez Nono - they are called Teremoana Tours and I also could not say enough great things about it.

This is the perfect choice for the independent traveller looking for a polynesian experience.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with family