We traveled to Bora Bora on the second portion of our honeymoon after spending 4 nights in Moorea. The island is unbelievable and we were blessed with a couple of days of pure bliss (weather-wise). The only compliant I could possibly have about this trip is it rained for 3 days while we were there. I would highly suggest, that when paying what it costs to come to Bora Bora, come during dry season (April to September). It will be more expensive, however you will be able to fully enjoy every day. There was a couple days we spent in our bungalo because the weather didn't allow us out to do anything else.
The hotel itself is fantastic. We were greeted by the general manager, thanked for being an Ambassador member (which I would highly recommend - got us an upgrade in Moorea and Bora Bora) and basically treated like royalty while on the hotel grounds. The free shuttle to Thallaso is nice as well, because if you want a change of scenery, you can go over to the sister resort. We weren't planning on going there, however with the rain, we decided to take advantage of the Spa facilities over there, which were amazing.
The food is great and everyone at the hotel is extremely accommodating. The rooms were very nice and the bathroom is fantastic. If you are interested in seeing the inside of the room, check out my youtube link:
Some quick cool things about the hotel/trip:
1) Visit the town once, it's cool but will only take you about an hour or two to see everything.
2) Excursions really make the trip - Pure Snorkeling was our favorite.
3) The location of this hotel is ideal because it is on the main island, which means it is easier to get to restaurants (Check out Bloody Mary's - some of the best and the freshest seafood I've ever had. The hotel resturant is fantastic too - we ate there every day for lunch and every night but the night we went to Bloody Mary's.
4) If you've read other reviews, you've seen comments about the wind. This was not a factor for us. There was a comfortable breeze, but it is a humid 85 degrees, so the breeze was welcomed.
Hotel was fantastic, trip of a life time, everyone is accommodating. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Prestigia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora