My wife and I stayed for a week in late January '14 to celebrate our honeymoon. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was excellent, very attentive, polite, and friendly. The hotel manager Mrs. Levy made it a point to personally welcome us.
We stayed in a over water bungalow "horizon" room. We enjoyed the view of the lagoon as well as the sunrise. The rooms themselves are kept up well and spotless. Overall, the hotel itself was also very well maintained with pleasing landscaping throughout. The beach was regularly raked clean of debris multiple times a day.
The location of this hotel is excellent. Shuttle service and various excursions are easily arranged directly to the hotel through the concierge service. Additionally, you may walk to various shops and restaurants from the hotel. Given that the hotel is located on the southern peninsula of the island, you may walk out of the lobby and across the street to a beach where you can view the sunset. The hotel conveniently has various kayaks and canoes that are free to use, so you can paddle around the lagoon and swim/snorkel at your leisure.
The hotel is generally not very large, which was a good thing because we always felt a warm welcoming atmosphere and not as "just another guest". You should be aware that the island is very relaxed and low key, not the sort of place for wild nightlife (which wasn't the experience we were looking for).
Lastly, you should be aware that food/drinks are expensive everywhere on the island (although quality is very good). Keep in mind that everything is imported, so it's expensive even for the locals.
In closing, if i was ever to vacation in Bora Bora again. I would certainly choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora