We have just enjoyed 3 nights in an overwater bungalow at this lovely property. Our accommodations were beautifully decorated, spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We booked a horizon bungalow that was a way out on the walkway. Again, it was rather quiet as it is the "rainy" season, but we were lucky enough to have all but one day of beautiful sunshine. We loved being able to swim right off our own deck in the aqua-colored water and even discovered we had been adopted by a fish we called Oscar who seemed to like swimming with us as he shadowed us whenever we were in the water (we prefer to think he enjoyed playing with us rather than think he was looking for food treats!).
The grounds were well maintained and we enjoyed swimming in the infinity pool. Beach towels, snorkel equipment, kayaks and canoes were available at no cost. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The check-in process was delightful and we enjoyed meeting Cedric who did a great job of checking us in, taking us on a tour of the hotel and explaining about all the hotel's amenities.
We had one dinner at the hotel which was very good and included a charming Polynesian show on the beach right in front of us. The hotel is located within a quick walk of several other more casual restaurants and snack bars, so it is easy to sample several other restaurants for lunch or dinner. Also most of the restaurants on the island will pick you up for dinner, so you can try other places if you don't rent a car or scooter while in Bora Bora.
One thing we really loved was the ability to use many of the facilities at the other Intercontinental property (the Thalasso Spa Hotel) on the motu. A boat shuttle takes you between properties at various times during the day and evening. Again, we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who welcomed us to the hotel and provided us with information about the facilities available to us. We enjoyed their larger swimming pool which is located with a great view of the white sand beach.
Our plan included an American breakfast and the selection was very good. Don't miss the crepes done to order as well as eggs, pain perdu (French toast) and pancakes. Great selection of fruits, yogurts, juices and cereals for those wanting a more healthy start to the day.
The overwater bungalows are expensive, but it is a wonderful splurge that everyone should experience at least once in their lives. Perfect weather makes it even more special. We hope to return some day. The friendly staff, lovely location and beautiful accommodations make this property a perfect choice for a delightful stay in Bora Bora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora