InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chez Nono(Bora Bora)
Hotel Matira(Bora Bora)
  • Pool
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
1,793 results
All reviewsmatira beachhorizon overwater bungalowlucky housepublic beachnoa noafeed the fishthe general managermain islandour honeymooncoral gardenssnack matirapolynesian feelsmall supermarketfrench polynesiamatira pointsister propertythe hotel manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Tahiti, 6 nights at Sofitel Moorea and 3 on Bora Bora staying at the Le Moana. We went over to the Thalasso and as nice as it was, being on the little island that they are located on seems a little restrictive. We had breakfast over there (lots of sushi, bizarrely), very nice, great pool area, but very corally beach and reef shoes are almost a must, compared to the Le Moana beach which was like talcum powder. It was however a lot more calm over at the Thalasso, Le Moana gets strong winds throughout the day that my wife wasn’t a fan of but I rather enjoyed the refreshing breeze. Thalasso has more of a hotel feel, whereas Le Moana more intimate and Polynesian. I would liked to have done a few days at each place to be honest, but was overall happy with our choice at Le Moana. The huts are pretty cool and the sliding table for feeding fish is great, although I think they are sick to death of bread so I started taking left over dinner-chicken and fish down with me to snorkel and man did they go nuts! We did the Jet Ski tour around Bora Bora which is pretty cool and a good way to see the island from all angles. They even take you to the set where they filmed Couples Retreat by the St Regis. The only problem with our Bora Bora leg of our honeymoon is that it didn’t last long enough. The staff at the Le Moana were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Sorry to anyone that I offend with my next statement but the only people who seemed to have problems were Americans, complaining about promptness of rooms getting ready and transportation not arriving on time, this is not the US, people operate on Island Time! chill out, your on vacation and look where you are. If you are fortunate enough to be in this part of the world, who cares if your room isn’t ready in time! This didn’t happen to us here but it did in Moorea, and we overheard several grumpy American couples complaining about it. My wife and I (were Canadian and British), dropped our luggage in the day room and went and chilled in the hammock with a few beers for a few hours until it was ready. Problem solved! Bora Bora is brilliant, go to Bloody Marys for dinner you wont be disappointed! Food and the place is amazing!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Coley219
lemoanaresort, Directeur général at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Ia Orana from Bora Bora,
Dear guests,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your precious comments. Our main goal is to everyday welcome and assist every of our international travelers, and make sure that they spend their best time in our lovely resort. I have to say that we have been pretty succesful that is why we have so many return guests. Life in French Polynesia is very relaxing and we thank you for your understanding.

We sincerely hope that we shall ahve the opprotuntiy to welcome you again in the future.

Best sunny regards

Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife and I just returned from this resort and everything exceeded our expectations, from the moment we were greeted on arrival to the checkout. Everyone appeared to love their jobs and every question we asked was answered with a smile.
The resort was very clean and the food was excellent but I would suggest that everyone have a meal plan included. Meals are very expensive in Bora Bora and a sandwich with a beer will set you back $45.00 cdn. But these are prices you will find every where.
I would also sggest that visitors join the Ambassador Club before they visit any Intercontinental resort.
We were upgraded to the best possible OWB available which happened to be OWB 26. Members are also greeted with a fruit basket and bottled water daily. I do not know if it was because of my membership but I was approached everyday by managers as well as the general manager making sure that I was happy with everything and if I wasn't I was to contact them immediately
I would recommend this resort to anyone considering a vacation to Bora Bora. We could not find a single fault

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wlobo

Ia orana From Bora Bora,
Dear Guests,

We thank you for having taken the time to writte your valuable comments. Guest satisfaction is critical to our sucess and we are particularly happy to read that we reached your expectation.
I sincerely hope that you willl allow us to welcome you again and provide you the special privilege you are entitled to as an Ambassador member.

Best regards and Maururu

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I were here to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, and my 50th birthday, and we were blown away! Pictures cannot convey the incredible beauty of the blue shaded water ( I actually counted 6 shades of blue one day!) and the georgous mountains in the background. The over water bungalows at the Intercontinental LeMoana give you perfect views of the mountains and water (I would choose one on the left side as you go out). Just 200 yards away across the water is snorkeling that is comparable to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia (another couple here had been to both)! The OWB are very comfortable and charming, and the glass tables that open are cool! You can watch fish day & night. We had a little octopus staying under our table, and manta rays swimming past on a daily basis. The sand beaches are beautiful, and across from the resort is the best sand beach on Bora Bora. The workers there were all very helpful and considerate, and we were able to speak English everywhere. The food in the restaurant was DELICIOUS! I could say so much more, but I'll just tell you that we would LOVE to go back to BORA BORA someday, and if we do, we will stay at the Intercontinental LeMoana. Hints: 1. Join Intercontinental Ambassador club; 2. Don't get meal plan unless you want to be "forced" to eat 2 meals/day in the restaurant. We just ate there when we wanted to; 3. Go scuba diving with the sharks with Bathay Diving - they'll pick you up at the hotel; 4. Everything is expensive on BB, but cheaper here than at comparable places ($800/nt compared to $1200/nt); 5. Use your Intercontinental Ambassador membership to get one night free! Must be member at least 30 days prior; 6. Get the ice cream bars in the gift shop - they are delectable!; 7. Budget wisely before you go, but then FORGET ABOUT THE COST OF EVERYTHING ONCE YOU ARE THERE! That way you can have a GOOOOOOOOOD TIME, and not have a heart attack everytime you see a price!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donald K
lemoanaresort, Directeur général at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Ambassador!
We first would like to congratulate you again for your 30th wedding anniversary and we’re very happy to learn that we succeded in making your sojourn so memorable!
Your invitation to join the InterContinental Ambassador Club is a beautiful demonstration that we exceeded your expectations and I would like to thank you for encouraging our Team to make any of our guests feeling different and very welcome at the InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort.
Would you come back to visit us again, please don’t hesitate to let me know personnally. Warm Regards, Laurence Lévy.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Visiting Bora Bora is a fantastic experience. First you land on a small strip of land (an atoll) that is not attached to the island. A water taxi is required to leave the airport and it takes you around the island and to your hotel. Upon reaching the InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora you are greeted with a reception, drinks and a shell lay by locals wearing local attire. The over the water huts / bungalows are incredible. They have thatched roofs and great water views. Each unit has its own deck and ladder into the water. Use of canoes and snorkel gear is free so water sports are an ideal way to relax. You must take a or rent an under water camera to see all the very colorful fish. A great feature of the huts are that each has a glass top coffee table that you can slide the top and feed the fish below your hut. There is a light under each hut that illuminates the water and fish are easy to see at night. The beach restaurant is fantastic and you can eat right on the beach (at a dining table). There are local shops and restaurants that are less than 5-10 minute walk from the resort that offer affordable beach dining and shopping. A short taix ride or bus ride will bring you downtown to a small beachside town that is a must visit. There is a famous restaurant called "Bloody Mary's" that you must have dinner at. I can't say enough about Bora Bora.

Room Tip: Over water huts are very quiet and separated so that noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Edwin H
lemoanaresort, Directeur général at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very happy and proud to read that you had a fantastic experience in Bora Bora.
Such comments can only motivate our team to stand for our hotel and makes everyone feel good.

We look forward to welcome you back in our small paradise.

Maururu

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at IC Le Moana for three days and we were so glad to have picked this resort. Why would you choose Le Moana over other resorts?

1. Check-in: We had an amazing time right from check-in. We were greeted with welcome drinks and given a tour of the resort by their super friendly staff.
2. Location: The water surrounding the resort was pristine - no other resort had such amazing hues of blue right outside the overwater bungalows. We stayed at one of the horizon OWBs furthest out into the pontoon. The location of this resort is terrific. You can see Mt. Otemanu on the east and the vast open ocean on the west.
3. Bungalow: The glass coffee table in the living room was super cool. There was a live coral underneath the coffee table and we could see so many colorful fishes right from the living room. The two level outer deck with endless ocean was divine.
4. Amenities: The resort provides free non-motorized water sports gear like kayaks, snorkel kit and beach towels. The beach boys very friendly and always greeted us with a smile. We carried our own snorkel gear. Being able to kayak around the resort and into the open waters was phenomenal. There were free events for guests like photo in traditional polynesian costume, coconut breaking etc.
5. Food: We had daily continental breakfast included in the package and found the selection to be pretty good. One night we ordered room-service and had a very romantic dinner over the deck.
6. Free shuttles: The resort offered free shuttle to Thalasso, so we got to explore both properties. Thalasso was a true 5 star resort, very polished, but somehow lacked the local polynesian feel. We went there one evening to catch the sunset behind Mt. Otemanu over some cocktail, but the location of this resort doesn't give you the feeling of vastness because you don't get to see the ocean. It's basically the lagoon with Mt. Otemanu in front. Le Moana won hands down with its location - you could just laze around in the lower deck with nothing but the ocean in front of you. Also, Thalasso was only a boat ride away, if you wanted to explore the spa or splurge in their pool or enjoy the morning breakfast.
7. Matira beach: This keeps coming back, but Le Moana wins hands down with its location. Right across the resort is Matira beach, which has gorgeous sunsets. We would simply take a short walk and catch a glimpse of it almost everyday.
8. Main island: Being on the main island, we had so much flexibility. Be it walking down a local roulette for lunch or going to a nice restaurant for dinner. Most restaurants offered free pickups for dinner. We could also walk down the main island and explore shops to experience the local feeling.
9. Super friendly staff and service: Everyone in the resort was super friendly and would greet us all the time. They really made us feel at home. Everyday, we would discover small gifts left in our room that made us feel special.
10. Smoothest checkout ever: Our return flight from Bora Bora was at 3:20 in the afternoon. On the day before check-out, we got a note saying that our return shuttle to airport would be leaving at 1:45 and we could enjoy our room till then - we were given extended checkout no questions asked. After we paid the bill in the reception, the resort arranged for picking up our luggages from the bungalow.

While exploring the island, the only other resort we liked was the Hilton Nui - we heard it had better snorkeling. But we took a few amazing snorkeling trips anyway (reef discovery and shark and ray safari, both highly recommended). But we liked the hues of blue at Le Moana and access to their sister property Thalasso, so you could enjoy two resorts. We'll choose Le Moana in a heartbeat on our next trip to this little paradise.

Room Tip: Get the ambassador membership and save $$$ with the guaranteed room upgrades.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank GlobetrotterDuo
lemoanaresort, Directeur général at InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Guests,
What a satisfaction to see that we could turn your 3 days stay into paradise life! We want our guests to experience more than beach holidays and help them discovering the Polynesian culture and natural friendliness. We’re very pleased that you could appreciate it. I will share your good comments with my team and send you our best whishes from Bora Bora. Best regards, Laurence Lévy