Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora
Hotels.com
$1,595
$1,506
  • Pool
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
$847
$736
$470
$634
$602
$570
  • Beachfront
Blue Heaven Island lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$227
$170
  • Restaurant
Sunset Hill Lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$88
TripAdvisor
1,210 results
All reviewsan ocean view roommai taimatira beachoverwater bungalowfishour honeymoonavis car rentalfree kayakssmall beach areagrocery storegreat pizzastray dogspublic beachmain islandpizza placebaguetteoctopus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Maitai was everything we'd hoped for in a hotel on Bora Bora. We skipped the over-water bungalow (since we had one booked for later inthe trip on Moorea). Instead, we got a room high up on the hill...with the most amazing view of the lagoon you can imagine. The pure, azure-blue water was dotted with darker spots, which we later found out were patches of coral, in about 10 feet of crystal clear water. We've been diving and snorkeling all over the works, and I have to say, this place rates among the best.

The room itself was beautiful, clean, and well-appointed... it was a bit of a climb each time we went up there, but each time, it was well worth it.

Room Tip: The hiiltop rooms are an effort to get to, but the spectacular view more than makes it worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank anarion55
Reviewed May 19, 2014

They have a lovely complex across from the water surrounded by tropical grounds and (some) a view of the waters! Over the water bungalows looked spaced well and being on the main island is the way to go for us!!
We actually had our moonlit dinner here and lunch a second day. White sand beach overlooking the water was fantastic, go there. Food was good and had American items included!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I admit I was jealous when I got off the plane and saw everyone getting greeted with lays by their hotel representatives, while we just got ushered to get our bags and board the boat. However, I wasn't so envious anymore, after I realized the Maitai is actually on the mainland and you have all the conveniences of being on the mainland. You can walk to a couple markets to grab snacks for cheap, even takaway Chinese and Rotiserrie Chickens for less than 1000xpfs!! you can walk to the Lucky House restaurant with a brick oven pizza grill and high end cuisine in a casual atmosphere and bar. There's also pizza spots and beaches easily accessed as well. So as far as location is concerned, I was happy, mainly because I wasn't stuck on a Motu and subject to only what the resort offered. My friends and I arrived and were offered a welcome drink and fresh lei greeting. They set us up in our OWB and loved them. It's not the four seasons but it's still awesome. There's an open water coffee table in your sitting area, a relaxing day bed, a comfy king bed, clean room and bathroom and awesome views from every point of our room. Bungalow 4, I am convinced, is the best OWB. The dock and deck face the open waters with an awesome coral reef that houses the most amazing tropical wildlife...it's a snorkel heaven, we never left our deck/dock! You can tell the functionality of the Bungalows were well thought out...down to the lighting, AC, and outdoor shower.

The resort itself is lacking a bit in a few things. There is no pool, the beach activities center didn't have paddle boards, and the bar area didn't have a pool table or dart board or just any games to play. The restaurant was good, but not the only place you have to eat at, since you can walk to other local dives. They did run out of beach towels everyday but you learned quickly to go early or late afternoon. The Wi-Fi isn't free in the lobby, but the price is less than $10 or 1000xpf's for an hour of time. Once you paid for Wi-Fi, it was excellent as the routers are right in your room.

I had a very pleasant time at the MaiTai, the service was great, even with the language barriers...

Room Tip: Stay in an OWB. Bungalows 4 and 5 are the best positioned as well as bungalows 109, 108, 107 and 106. The Beach bungalows looked quaint but not as romantic as the OWB's!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank MelCaribeGurl
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over New Years and we have to say that although Bora Bora was not our favorite island in FP by far, this hotel is the BEST value we got on any of the islands! Their OWB's were excellent, deeper water, but still amazing. The rooms were clean and kept clean, and they worked hard to make sure that we had everything during our stay. You don't need to stay at the Four Seasons and shell out 1000's of dollars a night, the Maitai Bora Bora was everything we needed and more. Front desk staff was super helpful in terms of setting up excursions and whatnot and the manager/owner was quick to assist if there were any problems (ie the one night there was no water, not the hotels fault at all, it was a main break that the "city" had to fix, he gave everyone free drinks and made sure that we were all okay!). We had a half board plan so breakfast and dinner were included and the meals were great. The first night we arrived we were able to grab dinner and the mahi mahi was excellent (not Villa Mahana excellent but still good!), wine was actually reasonably priced so that was nice and the special New Years Eve dinner/buffet was SO much fun! they had live music, dancers and then we went out on the dock and watched fireworks from all the other hotels. Overall, this was a great experience and the Maitai made our time in Bora Bora that much more fun!

Room Tip: Splurge on the OWB - you won't be let down!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank llwkali
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I read the reviews before deciding. I didn't want to spend the kind of money the big resorts were charging but I was a little worried about having an "inferior" experience. I can reassure anyone having those same kind of thoughts that there was absolutely NOTHING inferior. Now if you want one of those vacays where you never leave the resort and everything is elegant then this isn't really that - but it was a lot like those resorts, it really was. The over-water bungalows looked nice from the outside - they were over great coral heads. We took advice that we read here and made sure to get a 2nd floor room and the view just took my breath away every time I looked. The 'cafe' is pleasant and the food was decent. Nothing fancy or anything to celebrate (I got Mahi Mahi burger both times we ate there) - but an advantage of the Maitai is that you are close to lots of other places. Bloody Mary's will come pick you up. We rented a scooter and went lots of places. They'll make all kinds of arrangements for you at the front desk. We were really very pleased. A very good value.

Room Tip: If you aren't going for a beach bungalow or an over-water bungalow, the 2nd floor rooms have a stunning view for far less money.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple