Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$1,234
$1,153
$701
$633
Conrad Bora Bora Nui(Bora Bora)
$849
$603
Travelocity
$1,032
  • Beachfront
Blue Heaven Island lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$265
$170
  • Restaurant
Sunset Hill Lodge(Bora Bora)(Great Value!)
$88
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,210 results
All reviewsan ocean view roommai taimatira beachoverwater bungalowfishour honeymoonavis car rentalfree kayakssmall beach areagrocery storegreat pizzastray dogspublic beachmain islandpizza placebaguetteoctopus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Absolutely horrible experience...... DO NOT stay at this hotel..Service was TERRIBLE! Dinner took forever to get and any extras were ridiculously expensive! A birthday cake cost us $60.00 US. If you have to stay here DO NOT stay in a garden view room especially 26 to 31, no view and old and dated rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the rooms 26 to 31 no view and poor condition
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank CM1912
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel Maitai did not disappoint. It was very clean, well maintained, comfortable and affordable. It did not have the "extras" other hotels did but we spent most of our time in or on the water. I didn't need a lounge with pool table. I can play pool at home. I liked staying on the island vs a motu because we walked to to store for drinks and snacks, went to other places for dinner and shows and didn't feel "trapped" at one location. I read somewhere to bring a flashlight. This is a must! I am glad I did. There are no street lights and it is DARK at night. The kind if dark that allows you to see every star in the night sky. The desk was extremely helpful in arranging daily outings. I do not have one negative comment. I will certainly return.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank soonersdoc
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Service sets this property apart, and the friendly, competent staff are so welcoming and accommodating that it is easy to overlook some minor maintenance issues. The flowers and landscaping are lovely, and we had a garden view room. I expected that to have a marginal view, but on our second floor, we could see the lagoon easily. The walk to the beach was minimal, the breakfasts were sumptuous, and the bar restaurant had a good selection of foods priced reasonably for the area. Frankly, you pay the same price for a Best Western in the oil fields of west Texas, so you get no complaints from me. I hope the company has set aside funds for some decor upgrades in the bathrooms, because with some relatively minor fixes, this can remain a wonderful place.

Room Tip: The second floor garden view actually was better than I expected.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have just come back from 3 delightful nights in a beachside bungalow with our toddler. The Maitai in most respects is just lovely. The bungalow was charming and beautiful, certainly the room did show some minor signs of being tired, eg, wobbly water tap, cupboard doors not running too well on their hinges, that sort of thing. Location on the island was excellent, two minutes walk to the supermarket and Avis car rental down the road. Note that cocktails were yummy but did not seem to have much alcohol in them at all, for the price. The buffet breakfast was huge and lovely, the dinners rated a 6 to 7 depending on what you got. We had the half board package and they claimed we had no drinks included, I was a little unsure about that, I am going to query that with my travel agent out of curiosity, but too late now anyway. The staff were consistently friendly and amazing, even the garden keepers. Now for some minor drawbacks. Yes, the resort is split in half by the only road encircling the island. In the morning scooters can be loud when you are right next to the road in a beachside bungalow as we were. Although there is a high stone wall separating you from the traffic, the noise can be loud at times. I take earplugs on all my holidays, so it didn't concern me, in fact I didn't need them here but others might feel differently. The wind did unfortunately blow directly onto the beach for most of our stay, this is not a resort that is sheltered by being on a motu with the wind behind it. This makes the waves a little choppy and sunbaking can be slightly unpleasant. Yes you can snorkel directly off the beach or pier, the fish are amazing only a few metres out. Overall, I still view the Maitai as remarkable value in paradise for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Beach bungalows are a recommended experience. We didn't feel it was worthwhile upgrading to the overwater bungalows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Poniesnpuppies
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Maitai Bora Bora in September 2012 in a beach bungalow and an overwater bungalow. The hotel is on the east side of the island so don't expect any sunset views, however for early risers, the sunrise is quite breathtaking! Amandine greeted me with a lei of flowers and a refreshing tropical drink. For the price alone this hotel is an excellent value, great views in the overwater bungalow, and as for the beach bungalow, I had a "beach bungalow" that was actually over the water facing inward toward the lagoon. The lagoon itself it quite amazing, just jump off your own dock into the water for some great snorkeling. As stated in the title the staff here was amazing! They really do take care of you, by the time I left I felt like a I was a part of the family at this hotel. I'm not quite sure if they do this for everyone, or because I was at the hotel for some time as my base location, but somewhere around the 5th night, I had free champagne brought to my bungalow! Staff in particular that stood out to me the best was Gilles the server along with Patrice, one of the managers, and Cecile and Camille, two summer interns; they are usually in the restaurant that overlooks the lagoon, very EXCELLENT service. Manu who runs the bar made me feel like home, and was great to talk to while I drank Hinano. The 3 ladies at the reception, I did not quite catch there names, were VERY helpful in a booking problem I had, where I would have had 2 days without a hotel. Although they were HEAVILY booked, they, along with a hotel management intern, Alfredo, were able to let me stay in my same room the first night, and let me move to an overwater bungalow on the last night, which they gave me a great price for. Along with the regular staff, the summer interns from Bordeaux, France were also excellent, I only know 4 of their names, but they are Alfredo, Amandine, Cecile, and Camille, they did an excellent job, and I look forward to seeing them manage their own hotels someday soon. Bravo!

The only downside to this hotel is there are 2 stray dogs and a cat that you might occasionally see at breakfast, asking you for food. But that didn't really bother me. The food is a bit pricy for the amount that you get, but I had expected that, because the whole island itself is a bit expensive. Finally, as far as other reviews stating how the hotel is divided by a road, which it is, there was hardly any traffic at any time during my stay, which was about 2 weeks.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family, and if I am ever on Bora Bora again, I will definitely stay here!

*I put 3 on sleep quality, because the lagoon is so peacful and beautiful at night that I found myself sitting on my porch taking it all in!

Mauruuruu! -John

Room Tip: Over Water Bungalow 5, has the GREATEST view of the sunrise, and has the most privacy on the back porch. Beach Bungalow 102 faces inward at the lagoon and beach, but is close to the restaurant at the beach which is quite convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo