“Beautiful”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

What can i say except for my honeymoon was amazing. Bora bora is everyones dream. The pearl beach is lovely and the staff are so friendly. We had a few issues with internet etc but the management were very helpful.
The hotel location is ideal as u cant see any other resort like you can some of the others.
Only problem is EVERYTHING is so expensive, especially to average joes like us!
But non the less this experience is magical n has to be done!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went here on our honeymoon and stayed in a premium overwater bungalow and it is top of the list to go back to. Could not fault the location and service. Highly recommended for any special occasion. The photos do not do this place justice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had a great experience here! If it is within your budget I would highly recommend trying to get an end overwater bungalow. This way you will have zero obstruction to the great water and mountains. You can also see sharks, rays and fish at night after 5pm as they go hunt.

The locals are very helpful and extremely courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pklau
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Pearl Beach for our honeymoon Aug 4- Aug 12 2013.After travelling for 19 hrs and 2 connecting flights, we were amazed by what stood before us,totally worth the long traveling hours. We had the over water bungalow (#50) which had an amazing view of the mountain. I go crazy over sunrises and we got amazing views every morning! I had a 'duh' moment when we were there. I had read reviews re:temperature and was prepared for warm weather especially in the evening. Well I was wrong lol. Should have realized that when we were there it was their winter lol-sun sets earlier,nights were cooler,etc. I'm not complaining,I just wasn't prepared clothing-wise. It was also quite windy at night-we heard mixed opinions on this. As we had an over water bungalow, at times at night it sounded like we were in a wind tunnel (the windows don't have glass to block out the sound). I have to say we slept comfortably without A/c. The daytime temp wasgreat, no humidity and abt 26-28°C. It rained only once for 15 minutes, the rest of the days it was sunny. The room was very very nice-huge bed, nice tub/shower, loved our balcony and the woodwork inside the room. You could see the fish swimming underneath in various parts of the room,we loved that. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. The spa was so relaxing and located in a nice secluded area (I regret not taking my camera to take pics of the beautiful ponds). The atmosphere of this resort is truly relaxation, there wasn't much to do at night but that was ok with us.

We were prepared for the pricey-ness of things, especially food and drink. We had gone into the town of Vaitape to Chin Lee's to purchase some small grocery items. We had our breakfast included in our package and it was great. We had lunch a few times and it was probably the best meals we had while there (costing approx $50-60 CDN for two meals and two pops).We had purchased a meal plan for our dinners. The dinner food was ok, nothing spectacular- my husband enjoyed the sushi and I loved the veal at the Italian restaurant. The juices were so yummy!

The resort has twice a wk Polynesian dance performers (they put on their show after dinner)-due to weather we caught only one show and it was great! Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

On our last day we had to get a transition room because our flight was leaving late at night after check out. The room was decent and had ample supply of their soaps and lotions lol. We obviously stayed on the beach until we had to leave.

There was a good selection of water activities. They had some other activities in the resort but I enjoyed dozing off on the beach. We did the 4x4 safari tour and got to see bora bora from different heights on the mountain. Since it was our honeymoon we received a bottle of coral wine and a Tahitian Pearl.

Overall we enjoyed our honeymoon it was worth every
penny we paid and the time to fly there. A Great experience, something you won't get anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kalli08
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in September 2013 for 5 nights, Bora Bora was the final stop on our honeymoon. We booked an Overwater Bungalow, as advised by our travel agent, we really did not regret taking her advice!!

Arrival: We arrived in the morning, and we were given some forms to fill out, and after about 15 minutes, we were escorted to our bungalow. The guy who brought us there, gave us some information about the island on the walk which was really informative, and then gave us a tour of the bungalow which was awesome of him. Staff the whole time during arrival were friendly.

Bungalow: The bungalow was amazing. A very nice spacious room, with the ocean right outside your room, and a small glass hut which allows you to watch the fish swim under your bungalow. Our room was cleaned daily, and they refreshed our room every evening too.

Food: The choice of food was A La Carte, except one night which was buffet (the A La Carte was much better than their buffet). My husband and I were very happy with the choices, and the desserts were delicious! The breakfast each morning was also very nice, and the servers couldn't do enough for us. We did end up buying lunch every day, and it was expensive, but if it's the only thing you are really buying, then it's fine. They also serve Nespresso, so I was delighted!

General activity: Kayaking was very nice, and the water was very nice for snorkeling, so we did plenty of that. The grounds are really nice, and we were able to play pitch & putt which was cool. The spa was gorgeously located, but we didn't end up using it.

We fell in love with this place. If we ever return, we will return here for sure. We never moved off the island, but we never felt we needed to, since there was enough to do to keep us entertained. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne M
Washington state
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was a return visit and we were happy to be back. We felt very welcomed--some of the staff remembered us from our previous visit.

The overwater bungalow was comfortable and the view was spectacular. We were close to the coral nursery so we spent a lot of time snorkeling in the shallow water around the bungalow. For anyone who is water challenged, this is certainly a good place to be.

There are plenty of other free activities, minigolf, tennis, kayaks, standup paddleboards, etc., as well as plenty of activities to pay for--shark and ray tours, jet skis, etc.

A boat shuttle goes to the main island often so it was easy to eat at restaurants, especially since the restaurants arrange free cab rides to and from the boat dock. I recommend doing that at least once. We were mostly too lazy to spend that much time to eat, but it was nice to have a change.

The spa is tucked away in a secluded building at the back of the property. Unfortunately, I was unable to use it because it was closed for a couple days when we weren't off doing other things.

For a quiet and relaxing vacation, this is a n excellent choice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Windy327
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This review has been a long time coming. I had the very unique opportunity to go here, on my own, as my first international trip. I went in 2010 but I still have dreams of going back to this place. The location is amazing. There's a private and excellent beach on the property. Since it's a smaller resort you don't have to fight for chairs. If you have a beach villa there's usually hammocks and trees for shade available. I spent the first two nights in a villa with a plunge pool and decided to upgrade to the beach villa. I kick myself every time about not going with the overwater bungalow. If you're going to spend the money to get here you might as well splurge for the overwater bungalow. But all of the options are just as nice. The spa is outstanding. I signed up for a "four hands" massage and it was out of this world! The food was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I even called up to the front desk one night when confronted with a very large lizard hanging out in my room. They promptly sent a maintenance man to come see and he was very effective at removing it. Even thought I was by my self, surrounded by dozens of honeymooners, I felt so welcome and I can't say how wonderful the staff was. The snorkel guide for the hotel was great. I don't think I'll find snorkeling as wonderful anywhere else and with such a great guide. If you're thinking about going to Bora Bora, Pearl Beach Resort is a wonderful place and I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather go.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge for the overwater bungalow, or at least the beach villa.