We stayed in a premium overwater bungalow (27) which was mountain facing. The room was perfect and we loved being able to see the coral/fish and listen to the ocean from our coffee table/bedside/bath/sink views. The rooms are lovely, clean, private and we spent most of our time in our bungalow/out on the deck or swimming in front/under our bungalow. The coral reef that they are growing/preserving was close to us and their were lots of fish there when snorkelling. This is definitely the place for relaxing.
We were overwhelmed during our stay of how lovely and helpful all the staff were. I was also very lucky to be given a black pearl pendant as a honeymoon gift from the hotel on arrival and we got a free bottle of wine delivered to us on our first night.
We had our breakfast and dinners included which saved lots of money as a meal is about $30+ per person and dinner was a 3 course meal/buffet. On the nights that werent a buffet you can upgrade from the standard meal if you like something else on the menu for $5-$10 more. We brought alcohol duty free and went over to the main town one day (not much there once for an hour is plenty of time) to get mixers and some snack food. (Bottles of Alcohol in the shops are expensive)We then were able to drink in our bungalow. The bar was lovely to go to in the evening as they have half price cocktails (from 1100 FPF or $13 Aussie $) and a beautiful atmosphere. We also enjoyed playing 8 ball (pool) for free.
We also played mini golf for free but didn't get around to kayaking which was also free.
We only did one tour which I had read that was highly recommended on trip advisor. It was the 'Shark Boy' tour (stingray/shark tour). It was 1350 FPF full day including lunch on a private island ($120
Aussie $). This trip was amazing and our guides were very funny and friendly they even sang/played the ukulele. The first stop was snorkelling at a reef then next stop was waist deep water that we just walked in/snorkled as the sting rays came up to us and we touched them/they climbed up on us (they were slimy to touch and weird at first but after a bit they were ok. As the rays are doing this little lemon sharks are swimming around you as we'll it was amazing. We then went to deep water where we swam with more lemon sharks and some even 6-7ft long. The guides fed them and even swam down and hugged/held onto their fin as they swam along. Final stop was to a private island for a beautiful buffet lunch with traditional salads/fish salad, rice, barbecued chicken, steak, fish, fruit, coconut bread and banana dessert.
I would highly recommend Pearl Beach Resort for a lovely couple destination holiday and it was well worth the money that it costs. I have been to many tropical holiday destinations such as Fiji, Bali,Thailand, Hawaii, Caribbean cruise,
Tenerife and by far this was the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is located on Motu Tevairoa facing the island of Bora Bora. It offers a place to luxuriate in the peace and tranquility of the magical surroundings with unsurpassed views on the world renowned Mount Otemanu.This traditional Polynesian style hotel is located 10 minutes by private boat from the airport and 15 minutes from Vaitape, the main village of Bora Bora. It offers 50 over water bungalows, 10 beach suites and 20 garden pool suites.All feature ceiling fan, air conditioning, coffee & tea making facilities, mini bar, hair dryer, safety box, iron and table,magnifying mirror, 20" LCD satellite television with DVD player, IDD telephone, CD player.In addition, the over water bungalows have glass tables to view the aquatic life of the lagoon, a large sundeck and sitting area with direct access to the water. The beach suites offer a lounge area facing the beach and a private enclosed garden with Jacuzzi. The garden & premium pool suites feature a private tropical garden, plunge pool and a spacious covered sitting & resting area.The hotel has 3 restaurants, 2 bars, 1 boutique, an on-site diving centre - the Blue Nui Dive Center, a fresh water swimming pool, one floodlit tennis court, mini golf, table tennis, volley ball court and bacci ball court, billiards and a wide variety of activities and excursions.Beside the hotel's overwater bungalows is a coral nursery called To'A Nui. Since the creation of the nursery more than 70 species of fish have settled and developed in this unique environment. The park allows a colony of 4000 corals to regenerate in perfect ecological conditions. Our guests can freely discover this unique place (snorkeling) and live an unforgettable experience.The Manea Spa covers an area in 675 sq meters and combines traditional Tahitian architecture with state of the art equipments and facilities: 2 double and 1 single massage rooms, 1 VIP spa suite, 1 double Vichy shower, 1 beauty & tattoo salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam bath and a fully equipped fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Hotel Bora Bora
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Bora Pearl Beach Resort
- Bora Pearl Beach Hotel