We spent Feb 11-16, 2013 in a Preium Overwater Bungalow #18.
The place was so clean, the colors so bright it seem magical.
The blue lagoons were the most beautful I've ever seen with so many different shades of blue. The water temperture was a warm/cool 80° It felt very refreshing with the 85° weather.
Loved the coral nursery under the bungalows with the colorful fish, so many different kinds. We seen a couple stingrays swim by during the day and a couple (hopefully harmless) sharks at night.
The sun is very intense, you need lots of sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, even a swimming shirt for snorkeling is nice to keep your back from burning. (believe me you will not be sorry)
It is the rainy season, which did not interfere with any of our stay. It rained some at night while we slept. (which I like) When it did rain, it didn't last long and when the sun came out...intense rays!
You do not need an umbrella because they furnish them at every door way.
Everyone was so nice and friendly. They surprised us with a little cake delivered to our room one afternoon. We couldn't say anything bad about the hospitality or service. We got the breakfast & 3 course dinner included. (Great ideal to save lots of money) The breakfast was wonderful with fresh to order eggs, omelets, the best french toast I've ever ate, pancakes, bacon, sausages,cereals, fruits, meats & cheeses, rice, vegetable, all kinds of fresh juices, pastries, yogurts and great coffee, teas, hot chocolates. The 3 course dinner was very nice. You would get bread/butter, a great salad with meat, a main course then dessert. The only complaint about dinner is you had to pay for your water/tea/coke/drink. They would give you 2 different choices of each course on the menu, if you wanted something different you could pay extra. My husband & I were always satisfied with the choices.
The POW Bungalows so cute. They kept them cleaned. They are looking a little older, but charming.
They now charge you $20 round trip to take their water taxi to the town of Vaitape so you can shop.
The only thing bad is that they take you over at for instance 12:30pm and pick you up at 5:00pm. That was way too much time to wait to go back. We ate lunch and bought some souvenirs in the little stores. Mostly they wanted to sell black pearls. We had bought water, diet coke, hair conditioner and a 6pk of local beer $60. Very heavy to carry so you want to look around & shop before you get the heavy stuff and take back and wait for the water taxi. They need to make trips at least every 2 hours. It is only a 5-10 minute boat ride back to the Pearl Beach Resort. The wait to go back was our worse part of the whole trip. We kept saying, "I just want to go back to paridise and lay on the deck of our bungalow!" We had no desire to leave again. Ha, ha.
They did have some mosquitoes. I kept forgetting to put deet on when we would go eat, but I didn't get bit too bad. Didn't see any mosquitoes in the OWB, but they said they were in the garden bungalows.
We got a couples massage at the Spa that was nice, we did it the last day so we would have all day use of the showers at the spa before we left for the airport at 5:30pm since check out is 11am. They kept our luggage by the front desk in a room for us. That saved us money so we didn't have to pay for a late check out or day room.
We took 2 bottles of rum in our checked bags at the airport. You are allowed 2 bottles each. $10 a bottle at Walmart verses $80 a bottle in Bora Bora.
We did the snorkeling by Reef Discovery with Simon as our guide ~ That was well worth it. (Booked the date on-line before the trip) And we did a 2 hour jet ski around the whole lagoon of Bora Bora and 3½ hour snorkel, with stingrays & shark tour with Moana Adventure Tours. Both excursions picked us up at the Pearl Beach dock and brought us back.
It was a very relaxing vacation. Perfect for two people in~love. The time was 4 hours ahead of Missouri where we are from so when we woke up in the moring at 6am ready to go eat it was like 10am back home so we felt very rested.
I read alot of complaints on the hardness of the bed. When I first felt the bed, I thought, boy this is hard. But all 5 nights that I slept on it, I slept so good and woke up with no aches or pains. The room is airconditioned.
I didn't use or miss my computer the whole time I was there. I even took a good book and never read it, all I wanted to do was look at all the beauty.
Advise for you ladies. Take your hair conditioner. They furnished shampoo, lotion, vanilla oil, soap but no conditioner. She said there is conditioner in the shampoo, but I have long thick hair that needs extra conditioner or I can't even comb it. LOL, I took my makeup and didn't use it, sometimes a smile is all you need.
I also took my own snorkel gear and was glad because anytime the mood hit, I was snorkeling! They furnished my husband his but it had to be back at 5pm every night.
We did the free kayaks around the over water bungalows ~ that was fun and easier than I thought it would be.
Take lots of pictures! My husband surprised me by buying the shell key chain with our room #18 on it as a souvenir!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is located on Motu Tevairoa facing the island of Bora Bora. It offers a place to luxuriate in the peace and tranquility of the magical surroundings with unsurpassed views on the world renowned Mount Otemanu.This traditional Polynesian style hotel is located 10 minutes by private boat from the airport and 15 minutes from Vaitape, the main village of Bora Bora. It offers 50 over water bungalows, 10 beach suites and 20 garden pool suites.All feature ceiling fan, air conditioning, coffee & tea making facilities, mini bar, hair dryer, safety box, iron and table,magnifying mirror, 20" LCD satellite television with DVD player, IDD telephone, CD player.In addition, the over water bungalows have glass tables to view the aquatic life of the lagoon, a large sundeck and sitting area with direct access to the water. The beach suites offer a lounge area facing the beach and a private enclosed garden with Jacuzzi. The garden & premium pool suites feature a private tropical garden, plunge pool and a spacious covered sitting & resting area.The hotel has 3 restaurants, 2 bars, 1 boutique, an on-site diving centre - the Blue Nui Dive Center, a fresh water swimming pool, one floodlit tennis court, mini golf, table tennis, volley ball court and bacci ball court, billiards and a wide variety of activities and excursions.Beside the hotel's overwater bungalows is a coral nursery called To'A Nui. Since the creation of the nursery more than 70 species of fish have settled and developed in this unique environment. The park allows a colony of 4000 corals to regenerate in perfect ecological conditions. Our guests can freely discover this unique place (snorkeling) and live an unforgettable experience.The Manea Spa covers an area in 675 sq meters and combines traditional Tahitian architecture with state of the art equipments and facilities: 2 double and 1 single massage rooms, 1 VIP spa suite, 1 double Vichy shower, 1 beauty & tattoo salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam bath and a fully equipped fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Hotel Bora Bora
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Bora Pearl Beach Resort
- Bora Pearl Beach Hotel