BB is light years away from what can be expected from any leading hotel. Overall tune of local staff - foreign staff try to make up for it, but are outnumbered - 'it's not my responsibility', their attitude with few exceptions - e.g. Heipua, very friendly, client oriented & competent - is unfriendly & client averse, their work incompetent & slow. BB seriously lacks management and leadership, we've not met the GM, David Ballandras, once during our 12 nights stay. The quality of food and cuisine are mediocre and lack variety, platters, jars etc. of b/f buffet were regularly empty, same valid for many dishes on x-mas eve. The latter a costly event 'guests are obligated to participate' as one staff phrased it - that's exactly how one felt as a customer. Our premium over-water bungalow was ok, showing its age, not overly clean, sheets stained and torn. However, no reason to got to BB for this, the Maldives provide a large number of much nicer resorts with truly awesome over-water bungalows, with direct access to the corals and snorkeling sites and truly unforgettable, friendly service and delicious food.
Never going back ever again. If you get a deal for USD 200 b/b a night you may think about it otherwise it's neither worth your money nor your good mood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is located on Motu Tevairoa facing the island of Bora Bora. It offers a place to luxuriate in the peace and tranquility of the magical surroundings with unsurpassed views on the world renowned Mount Otemanu.This traditional Polynesian style hotel is located 10 minutes by private boat from the airport and 15 minutes from Vaitape, the main village of Bora Bora. It offers 50 over water bungalows, 10 beach suites and 20 garden pool suites.All feature ceiling fan, air conditioning, coffee & tea making facilities, mini bar, hair dryer, safety box, iron and table,magnifying mirror, 20" LCD satellite television with DVD player, IDD telephone, CD player.In addition, the over water bungalows have glass tables to view the aquatic life of the lagoon, a large sundeck and sitting area with direct access to the water. The beach suites offer a lounge area facing the beach and a private enclosed garden with Jacuzzi. The garden & premium pool suites feature a private tropical garden, plunge pool and a spacious covered sitting & resting area.The hotel has 3 restaurants, 2 bars, 1 boutique, an on-site diving centre - the Blue Nui Dive Center, a fresh water swimming pool, one floodlit tennis court, mini golf, table tennis, volley ball court and bacci ball court, billiards and a wide variety of activities and excursions.Beside the hotel's overwater bungalows is a coral nursery called To'A Nui. Since the creation of the nursery more than 70 species of fish have settled and developed in this unique environment. The park allows a colony of 4000 corals to regenerate in perfect ecological conditions. Our guests can freely discover this unique place (snorkeling) and live an unforgettable experience.The Manea Spa covers an area in 675 sq meters and combines traditional Tahitian architecture with state of the art equipments and facilities: 2 double and 1 single massage rooms, 1 VIP spa suite, 1 double Vichy shower, 1 beauty & tattoo salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam bath and a fully equipped fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Hotel Bora Bora
- Bora Pearl Beach Resort
- Bora Pearl Beach Hotel