We stayed at the Pearl Beach from December 27th through January 1st in an overwater bungalow, #22. While not in the premium category, we loved the location as it was close to the restaurants and dock and we had the coral nursery just below the room. A view of Mt. Otermanu was just outside our door. So, for us, it was great. Check-in was easy and although our room was not ready when we arrived, we had some lucnh and by the time we were done, our room was ready at 1:30 pm. We were warmly greeted with cool towels and a drink upon arrival, which was a nice touch.
We only used the pool and beach on our last day and both were fine. We were able to shower and change in a private shower room near the pool, which was a nice feature when you have a late flight and want to spend the day in the water.
There were 2 restaurants open during our visit - a casual, outdoor restaurant by the pool which was open until 6 pm most days and the more formal restaurant in the main complex. We found the service to be prompt and attentive but as others have written, nothing is inexpensive. We also did not find the food to be exceptional, which was frustrating. If you spend $200 or more on dinner, you'd like better food and slightly larger portion sizes. The breakfast, which was included in our stay, was nicely displayed and had enough variety so we didn't get bored. Special thanks to Felix and Jackson for providing such great service to us during our stay. Always a smile from them.
We had a few dinners outside of the resort - Mai Kai (the best restaurant of our entire trip to Bora Bora and Moorea), La Bounty (OK) and the Yacht Club (OK and awful, slow service). We ordered a bottle of wine at each dinner and the bill was never less than $150-$200. When the food is great, you don't mind, but when it's not, it feels like a waste. But, you don't have too many choices so you're a bit captive. The concierge was wonderful and so helpful with making reservations and explaining how the boat/shuttle works. We never found it to be an inconvenience to head into town and actually enjoyed the ride and views.
We spent most of our time at our bungalow and in the water. We brought our own snorkle gear and it was easier than having to get it from the dive shop but there were plenty of people who used the resort gear and it was fine, too. The tropical fish were plentiful and we never tired of snorkeling and feeding the fish. You can buy fish food in the boutique and the proceeds go towards the coral nursery. The water was crystal clear and shallow enough that you could walk or swim with no problem. The sand was clean and soft. The color of the water cannot be described easily - it's blue in one area, turquoise in another area, and then, every shade in between. Simply amazing.
We were at the resort for New Year's Eve and the resort planned a lovely evening of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the beach, followed by a multi-course dinner with a bottle of champagne at each table, and then a Polynesian show on the beach. And then the bar was turned into a disco to bring in the New Year. Well done!
Our bungalow did show some signs of overuse and could probably use some maintenance but nothing that interfered with our enjoyment. Water pressure in the shower was good. There was never a shortage of towels or soap, shampoo, etc. We found the air conditioning to not be very effective as the room has a few areas with just screens and so the cold air just mixes with the warm air. When we tried to close off the bathroom area to keep the cold air in the bedroom area, it just made the bathroom are more hot. Not sure we were doing something wrong. The decor of the room was fantastic. We loved the use of natural woods and it had a slightly rustic feel.
We also loved the turn down service along with the little card she left on the bed with a different story or fable. A nice touch.
I would absolutely recommend Pearl Beach. There was a great mix of people from all over the world and no snobbish behavior at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is located on Motu Tevairoa facing the island of Bora Bora. It offers a place to luxuriate in the peace and tranquility of the magical surroundings with unsurpassed views on the world renowned Mount Otemanu.This traditional Polynesian style hotel is located 10 minutes by private boat from the airport and 15 minutes from Vaitape, the main village of Bora Bora. It offers 50 over water bungalows, 10 beach suites and 20 garden pool suites.All feature ceiling fan, air conditioning, coffee & tea making facilities, mini bar, hair dryer, safety box, iron and table,magnifying mirror, 20" LCD satellite television with DVD player, IDD telephone, CD player.In addition, the over water bungalows have glass tables to view the aquatic life of the lagoon, a large sundeck and sitting area with direct access to the water. The beach suites offer a lounge area facing the beach and a private enclosed garden with Jacuzzi. The garden & premium pool suites feature a private tropical garden, plunge pool and a spacious covered sitting & resting area.The hotel has 3 restaurants, 2 bars, 1 boutique, an on-site diving centre - the Blue Nui Dive Center, a fresh water swimming pool, one floodlit tennis court, mini golf, table tennis, volley ball court and bacci ball court, billiards and a wide variety of activities and excursions.Beside the hotel's overwater bungalows is a coral nursery called To'A Nui. Since the creation of the nursery more than 70 species of fish have settled and developed in this unique environment. The park allows a colony of 4000 corals to regenerate in perfect ecological conditions. Our guests can freely discover this unique place (snorkeling) and live an unforgettable experience.The Manea Spa covers an area in 675 sq meters and combines traditional Tahitian architecture with state of the art equipments and facilities: 2 double and 1 single massage rooms, 1 VIP spa suite, 1 double Vichy shower, 1 beauty & tattoo salon, 2 saunas, 2 steam bath and a fully equipped fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Bora Bora Pearl Beach Hotel Bora Bora
- Bora Pearl Beach Resort
- Bora Pearl Beach Hotel