We stayed at Hilton Bora Bora Nui for a week as part of our honeymoon in Oct. and had a great and memorable time. The hotel picked us up from the airport with their house cruiser and we were ferried to the hotel only 10 minutes away while soaking up the sun and picturesque views. It really did feel like paradise!
We stayed in a deluxe OWB which faced into the open ocean which most of the bungalows at Hilton do rather than the lagoon, we thought that this was more scenic with the extra benefit of seeing the sunset into the water on every night.
A few tips and observations for fellow travellers about the hotel and Bora Bora:
Meals - we had a half board option which suited us perfectly. Breakfast is a buffet with plenty to eat, pastries, hot food, fruit and even some Asian style food too. Breakfast opens at 6:30 and finishes at 9:30. For dinner there is a choice of two a la carte restaurants (need to book ahead) and a walk in option. All were great and enjoyable with the food of a high quality. We read some reviews previously which said that the food wasn't great but we certainly enjoyed it and we dine frequently at Michelin starred restaurants in London. For lunch we paid ~£40 per couple for a pizza and a burger with water which we thought was reasonable seeing as though we were in the South Pacific in the middle of nowhere. Two nights a week the only option is a buffet dinner one night is free with the meal plan and the other is a 3000xpf per person. Those nights were our favourite as the food was plentiful and there was lots of seafood too. Tip, do be prepared to spend a little for food and drink, it is a premium but considering the transportation costs of getting stuff there pricing isn't overly outrageous.
Facilities at Hilton - as we expected the hotel had good facilities with a full gym, two bars, restaurants amped free wifi at the hotel lobby which we used daily to keep in touch with family and friends back home. There were plenty of water sport activities to do for free, we went on the hobbycat ride with Tiny one morning which was fun. Everything at the hotel was clean and well kept, no complaints from us.
Service - we found everyone really friendly and nice. All staff greeted us with a genuine hello and smile every time we saw them. Our room turn down service was excellent the bungalow was spotless each time we went back after breakfast. The GM also hosted a cocktail night which where drinks were served for 1hr and we got to meet other hotel guests and staff. As honeymooners we were given a bottle of wine AND sparkling wine with a box of sweets as a greeting which was very nice!
Rooms - as I mentioned we stayed in the deluxe OWB, room 334 which was away from the resort. The OWB is spacious with a king 4-post bed, two TVs and a huge bathroom. Each had a large balcony where we spent 80% of our time as it was sunny, peaceful and relaxing. From the balcony there is a small jetty where you can jump into the ocean and a really helpful, fresh water shower where u can wash off straight after. There are some glass viewing holes in the bungalow which looks cool in pics but we really didn't spend much time looking through 'em. Tip, it is worth spending extra to get an OWB as they really are fabulous.
Other tips - there is a hotel ferry to the main town in BB which runs frequently during the day for 700xpf return pp. Take the ferry to get groceries from the local supermarket 5 min was away from the landing jetty to stock up on snacks and drinks like coke, beer, crisps etc, it will help make your stay more enjoyable. All branded drinks and food was available at good prices so bring a large bag with you and stock up!
Take plenty of sunscreen as the sun is intense and sunscreen is expensive there.
Finally do go one of the excursions offered by the hotel. We went on the half day lagoon safari where we swam with rays and sharks, visited a small private island (one you can walk around in 2 minutes) and then get stake pictures of the rest of the atoll. Leon was our host and that was the highlight of our time there.
So there it is folks, paradise on earth at a great hotel. If you are going there soon you'll have a great time, enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort