“Dream”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Bora Bora
Fresno, California
“Dream”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in an over the water bungalow, we chose a sunset view and loved it! I have never been to such a beautiful place. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. When you come here, it is relaxing! Perfect for couple who want to spend quality time with one another.

Room Tip: Choose a sunset view room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hilton is a private resort on it's own little island, where the staff are absolutely lovely, the facilities are excellent, and the food is just what you need after a day of diving or site seeing.
Check in was an easy process, the room was well presented, with lovely facilities, and the views could not be faulted!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the hillside have a lovely view and are a bit cheaper than over the water.
1 Thank Jan2010
phoenix
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Loved the resort.... overwater bungalow. We spent our time relaxing...did not participate in any excursions on this island, just enjoyed the retreat, the pool, the restaurants and spending time together.

1 Thank sully7647
San Jose, CA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui resort for 4 nights in an overwater bungalow. The arrival via boat ferry from the airport was a very nice grand entrance. At checkin we were driven to our bungalow (room 304) in one of those golf carts where our luggage was waiting for us.

The Hilton is a very large resort and absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are nicely maintained, and the bungalows are huge and nicely appointed. The bathroom alone, is reason to stay here! We had a couple of glitches with our room. Our reservation stated that we were both allergic to feather/down but the room was stocked with feather pillows and feather duvet, When we called, we had to point out that it was noted in our reservation, so I guess they don't read the addendums? But somebody did come right away to change our bedding.

Our room was a bit of a walk to the other areas (pool, restaurants, etc) but we enjoyed the walk. It looked like people would call to get the golf carts to bring them around. Those golf carts are everywhere!

The staff was friendly and accomodating, but wouldn't necessarily go out of their way. If you wanted something, you needed to ask. Though we were always greeted with a smile!

There were plenty of kayaks, paddle boats, & paddle boards for use. Except you couldn't take the kayaks beyond the roped of areas of the resort. The snorkeling was pretty nice. We had some windy days which made the water a little murkey but went around to the areas where it was less choppy. We loved the little yellow butterfly fish who seemed to greet us every time. We saw families of sting rays pass by our bungalow every day.

I loved our bungalow and would have been happy to just stay put and not go anywhere else. We loved relaxing on the deck, and being able to just jump into the water whenever we wanted. Our bungalow had a view of the horizon and part of the resort. It would have been nice to be in the 100's where we could view the mountain or the other side of the 300's with the calmer water and sunset view, but we were happy enough where we were.

The pool area was never really busy and a nice way to refresh and cool down after kayaking. Once, the pool guy even brought over a plate of chocolate chip cookies to pass around!

The breakfast buffet was good, fresh, and plentiful. The service at breakfast was very good. We were always promptly seated, and served coffee & juice. One one rainy morning, my husband was even provided a towel to dry off.

We ate at each of the restaurants for dinner. Reservations are required at both the Iriatai and Upa Upa -- we made them on our first day, along with any activity reservations to get it out of the way, and the concierge desk was very helpful to take care of it for us. We were on the 1/2 board plan where breakfast and dinner were included. Our favorite restaurant was the Iriatai. I had read that service here was slow and not very attentive. They must have been reading the reviews because we had very prompt and attentive service. One person even asked if we had any comments or suggestions. The food was good, and desserts heavenly. The Tamure Grill was fine. A gecko decided to jump on my leg, surprising me but I thought it was pretty funny. My mahi mahi there was a bit undercooked but my husband's was nicely done. Our least favorite was the Upa Upa bar. The service there was horrible. They forgot my drink order, and never took my husband's drink order. Then, after being one of the 1st to order, they served 4 other tables before us. Thankfully we weren't in any rush and just decided to let it go. The food was just okay there.

The drinks and food there is very expensive. Even water at dinner cost $7-$8 dollars. Totally worth it to take the shuttle into town for snacks, lunch items, and drinks. To keep anything refrigerated, you will have to move the items in the mini bar, but let them know or you'll be charged. We also got ice and kept drinks cool that way.

The boat shuttle service to Vaitape was prompt and fine. We took it once during the day to get snacks/drinks, and once to go out to dinner in the evening (Mai Kai -- excellent restaurant).

Since our flight out was in the evening, we asked for a late check out. Unfortunately our bungalow was reserved for that day, but the put us in a "transit" room where we could store our luggage and use the room until our ferry to the airport left. Again, this is where the staff didn't read our reservation. With our package, we got a free late check out. So, they offered this to us at 6,000 CFP until I mentioned this to them and they happily took it off our account. Our transit room was in the "hotel room" area and was nice and even had a nice ocean/beach view.

We were very sad to leave, as I think this is now my "happy place".

4 Thank dk67
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just breathtaking! You are picked up by a private boat. When you approach the overwater villas you are just amazed! The villas are stunning! Glass bottom floors, beautiful rooms! You can have a decorated canoe come by and drop off breakfast!

Room Tip: Over water!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aysekennedy
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our second year in a row to visit this property...and it never disappoints. We always book the Royal Overwater Villa #126 for the amazing views of the sunset and panoramic views of the water. This year the hot tub really came in handy as it was the end of winter...so at times the wind was a bit chilly. We also love this villa because we can dive, cannonball, whatever... into the water as it is probably 30 feet deep in this area...feels so free! Lots of huge puffer fish hang out below, along with the resident large yellowmargin trigger fish which we remembered from last year. You can also see passing eagle rays and reef sharks occasionally...
If you book this particular villa, keep in mind that boat traffic travels right past your villa...so if this would be bothersome to you, then you might consider the other ROV on the opposite side.
Yes, there are tons of honeymooners...it's paradise, so why wouldn't they be here?
One issue I do have with this hotel is the difficulty of getting a table at the restaurants. If you don't book a reservation...just know that you will not get a table until 8:30 or after...a bit frustrating, although they tried to accommodate.
Absolutely love the live music duo that plays on Friday nights...highly recommend as they are amazing talent! I wish they had a cd....
We booked a private fishing charter, and lucked out with a yellowfin...the hotel did an amazing job preparing it for us and serving it in our villa. Perfect!
The spa is amazing...definitely recommend checking it out. We get the couples massage, which you take a 30 minute bath, then 50 minute massage. The coconut bath was delightful!
Wish that they would offer a nightly happy hour like the Hilton Moorea (2 for 1 rum cocktails)...just something a little more social & special. I remember when we visited last year (May 2011)...they had a happy hour for the first 2 days of our stay, then it was cancelled... ;(
All in all, it is one of our favorite places on the planet...and we look forward to staying here again next year!

2 Thank mdowell
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I checked into the Hilton Bora Bora for three nights, part of a scuba diving trip to French Polynesia. I knew that BB is the dream honeymoon destination for many couples but I didn't realise that probably 80% of the residents at the hotel were honeymooners. So I have to moderate my review with the fact that I didn't exactly fit into the scene. Anyway, the negative issues first; the staff are always polite but not exactly enthusiastic in their provision of a service; the housemaid didn't vacuum the room and didn't remove her shoes, so she walked sand into our room. That's the first time I've had to clean up after the maid. The maid didn't replenish the shampoo but was friendly enough when I asked for refills from her trolley. I don't mind spending $150 on a meal (no alcohol) but when it is a mass-produced buffet, it's a bit rich. The hotel boasts three restaurants, but on one night, two were closed. The Hilton management realises that residents have few options - you are on an island and you pay for the boat trip to get yourself off it. A massage at the spa will set you back $350. (It's so outrageous, it's funny). The Polynesian cultural event - song and dance in traditional costumes was very predictable. At poolside, there is no waiter service for drinks - you get off your sunbed, get dressed, go to the bar, order, and carry your drinks back to the sunbed. I have no complaints about the lagoon view room - it was spacious and luxurious. On the balcony were two wooden deckchairs. I called reception to ask where I find the cushions that go on top of the chair seat/back. The reply was - we don't provide them and we recommend that you fold a towel if you don't want to lie down on wooden slats! Overall, the service was poor, except when there was an opportunity for the hotel to take money from me for tours etc., none of which interested me. Of course, the location and the scenery is unbelievable, it is the modern world's view of paradise, so for the honeymoon couple, it's heaven, for the indie traveller, it's hell.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo