My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in May as part of our 10 year Anniversary. We stayed in Moorea for 6 nights before going to Bora Bora. This hotel and it’s grounds are breathtaking! We are Hilton Honors members and used points to book our room, and then paid to upgrade to an overwater bungalow – well worth it! This bungalow (#123) was beautiful with a traditional Polynesian feel. The hotel is on a motu, so Hilton has a boat shuttle that runs on the hour to get to to/from town. This was such a nice feature!
The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. We needed a converter to charge a laptop and nook and they let us borrow on from the front desk for the week! (There were no US plugs in our bungalow like we had in Moorea – not a big deal, just nice to know before you go!). They were also very helpful in booking excursions.
It was very nice that the hotel offers free activities. We enjoyed the paddle boats, kayaks, and they even have a Hobie cat that runs in the afternoons! One of the guys who runs the activities desk at the pool will take people out for a 30-45 minute ride to get a different perspective of the water. We also LOVED the cooking class. They offer it once a week, and they taught us how to make poisson cru – YUM!
The snorkeling is nice here too, although it’s much deeper than Moorea, so there isn’t as much visibility. The fish however are much bigger!
The views from the spa are a must, and the hike to get to the spa is beautiful – again the grounds here are well manicured and full of flowers.
One suggestion. We didn’t book a transfer to the hotel from the airport thru Hilton. I’d seen one TA review which talked about taking the FREE Air Tahiti shuttle into town (it comes with a booked seat on Air Tahiti) and then the Hilton shuttle from town to the hotel. We decided to try this and it worked out nicely for us! We had already been in the islands for a week, so we figured we’d just wing it (if I was travelling straight from the US to Bora Bora, I may not have been so brave), but we were happy that we did this – it saved us $200! When you get to the airport, you walk out to the dock and you’ll see an Air Tahiti boat. This boat will take you to Viatape (main town). From here you go to Robert Wan’s pearl shop and behind his shop is the dock where the free Hilton shuttle will pick you up. The Hilton shuttles run on the hour, so you may have to wait a bit, but for us it was well worth it!
Thanks Hilton for an amazing vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora... It's possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora's legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets. Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. A wifi connection is available for free all across the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Conrad Bora Bora Nui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort